Become a Patron!

Clean coil or wrap in baggy

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I'm new obviously to vaping. So here is my problem if id even call it a problem lol. Ok i bought a kit to start vaping and it came with two coils, so i used one for 1 flavor and the other for the another flavor. Now the first time i switched flavors i cleaned the coil even know i would be using it again with the same flavor, but my problem is the coil is big and holds lots of ejuice. so should i clean the coil or just wrap it in a plastic bag, i only have two flavors and 2 coils, so it will be the same flavor going back in the same coil. this is the coil im using.... Eleaf ES Sextuple 0.17ohm Head for Melo 300.
i should add i been changing flavors ever 24 to 36 hours if that helps
here is a quick second question is watermelon flavor 1 and sour apple flavor 2 a good switch for a newbie to avoid vapor fatigue (vapor tongue) i used the watermelon for about two days then i wanted to switch so i used sour apple for 24 hours but all i taste now is the sour so im switching back to watermelon. it's starting to taste like watermelon. so I thinking it is a good switch but i don't know anything so i figured id ask.
also this is the coil

Attachments

• 20170921_162930[1].jpg
    20170921_162930[1].jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can't really clean manufacturer's coils. And strong flavors tend to be overwhelming when switching flavors. Sometimes you just have to chuck it in the trash and use a fresh one.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can't really clean manufacturer's coils. And strong flavors tend to be overwhelming when switching flavors. Sometimes you just have to chuck it in the trash and use a fresh one.
there isn't anything wrong with the coil, and im going to be using the same flavor in it. so should I clean it and waste the 1 or 2 ml of ejuice in the coil or wrap it up good for a day or 2 till im ready to switch flavors again

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
there isn't anything wrong with the coil, and im going to be using the same flavor in it. so should I clean it and waste the 1 or 2 ml of ejuice in the coil or wrap it up good for a day or 2 till im ready to switch flavors again

Again, if you mean clean as in washing it, you can't really clean a manufacturer's coil. You can stick it in a baggie until you want to use it again if you want.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never had patience to put in bag label it and then try and change back. I got another tank or three. Then that got old and I build now. That way you change cotton and you good to go. That got old so that meant another three or four RDA. See where this leads....... :giggle::giggle:

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did the same thing when I first got into vaping. I used small plastic containers to hold the coils not in use. I did not wash them off because of the possibility of rust forming on the coil. When I was done with the tank I poured the little bit of juice left in the container too. Just to keep it from drying out.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never had patience to put in bag label it and then try and change back. I got another tank or three. Then that got old and I build now. That way you change cotton and you good to go. That got old so that meant another three or four RDA. See where this leads....... :giggle::giggle:

Dont ruin the surprise. I started with a eleaf 50 watt a friend gave me. Quickly turned into a new mod and tank. After finding how much you can save building coils I picked up two new tanks. Now looking into making my own juice. Haven't been vaping long but it is fun to do so many different things. Plus the savings

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dont ruin the surprise. I started with a eleaf 50 watt a friend gave me. Quickly turned into a new mod and tank. After finding how much you can save building coils I picked up two new tanks. Now looking into making my own juice. Haven't been vaping long but it is fun to do so many different things. Plus the savings
Funny, I started with a eleaf 60W someone gave me. Two weeks later I bought my Pico. As far as ruining the surprise I didn't mention something in your head tells you that a mod for each of your attys is in order. LOL

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny, I started with a eleaf 60W someone gave me. Two weeks later I bought my Pico. As far as ruining the surprise I didn't mention something in your head tells you that a mod for each of your attys is in order. LOL

Not right now. With starting to build coils this week and thinking about DIY juice I have no budget for mods. Plus the wife would kill me. Would love a mech mod but need to research them a lot more before I get one.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first started using flavors I tried the different coils for different flavors approach but that was just too much hassle so I went with 3 tanks of the same type. Use one for Fruit Flavors 1 for Tobacco Blends and another for Deserts. That way switching flavors is not a problem as long as they are the same flavor profile. Now I have another tank for my morning flavors like Bakery and breakfast flavors. Then we move onto the Sub Ohm and TC tanks which are also dedicated flavor profiles but never use just one liquid per coil usually.

On a side note water will not rust your coils because of the metals used do not rust. If they did e-Liquids (Water Soluble) would rust them and as some have found fakes pr clones do turn green or rust. Some e-Liquids do contain Distiller Water

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On a side note water will not rust your coils because of the metals used do not rust. If they did e-Liquids (Water Soluble) would rust them and as some have found fakes pr clones do turn green or rust. Some e-Liquids do contain Distiller Water

Good thing to know. I never had mine rust but did not want to chance it.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not right now. With starting to build coils this week and thinking about DIY juice I have no budget for mods. Plus the wife would kill me. Would love a mech mod but need to research them a lot more before I get one.
DIY juice to make about 40 some bottles at 30ml in each of ejuice at 3mg nic, buying 10 flavors around 140 bucks with shipping so you would save about 650 bucks if you made your own. 40 bottles 30 ml 20 bucks is 800 DIY juice 40 bottles 30 ml 3 mg nic around 150 add about 5 or ten for 6mg nic 15 20 more for 12 mg nicotine and so on next pay day im buying mine from fusionflavours best deal i can find in canada

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good thing to know. I never had mine rust but did not want to chance it.

Yeah I forget who it was but they got some fakes that had exposed brass and the coils turned green. Bad plating or whatever. I have taken some coils and hit them on the grinder to see if there was brass under the chrome or stainless steel coating.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I wash my factory coils all the time, when I need to get a bolder flavor out, and forgot to order new ones lol. There's no rusting and if done correctly you can get a "good as new" effect out of it. Everything comes to an end eventually tho, after 2-3 washes punch the mail man and demand faster delivery ;) because you won't be able to use them anymore, unless you have the patience of threading wicking back underneath the factory wire. I don't :)

Anyways back to the question. What you can and should be doing, take some paper towel (make sure it has no print on it, that will transfer onto the cotton), close the airflow and bottom of the coil with it, blow in it a couple times. The remaining juice comes out of the sides, and is nearly dry after this, then you can put it in a container/baggy etc and place it in a dark place, out of light, till you need them again.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wash my factory coils all the time, when I need to get a bolder flavor out, and forgot to order new ones lol. There's no rusting and if done correctly you can get a "good as new" effect out of it. Everything comes to an end eventually tho, after 2-3 washes punch the mail man and demand faster delivery ;) because you won't be able to use them anymore, unless you have the patience of threading wicking back underneath the factory wire. I don't :)

Anyways back to the question. What you can and should be doing, take some paper towel (make sure it has no print on it, that will transfer onto the cotton), close the airflow and bottom of the coil with it, blow in it a couple times. The remaining juice comes out of the sides, and is nearly dry after this, then you can put it in a container/baggy etc and place it in a dark place, out of light, till you need them again.
well ty so much, wish you answered me sooner, but ill try this out for sure. also wish i read this early i just switched coils this morning,

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Changing flavors.....heck I just the put new flavor juice in the same coil and vape on.....taste pretty good sometimes.
Of course I let the old juice get low before adding new....to each his own I guess........

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Changing flavors.....heck I just the put new flavor juice in the same coil and vape on.....taste pretty good sometimes.
Of course I let the old juice get low before adding new....to each his own I guess........

That works fine most of the time if you're doing like-flavors, such as fruit followed by fruit, or a caramel followed by a complementary flavor. But some flavors don't mix well and are a devil to get out, like cinnamons, mints, coffees, etc.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That works fine most of the time if you're doing like-flavors, such as fruit followed by fruit, or a caramel followed by a complementary flavor. But some flavors don't mix well and are a devil to get out, like cinnamons, mints, coffees, etc.
im not switching the flavor in the coils, im switching coils and flavor back and fourth, one coil sour apple and the other has a watermelon thing. i just wondering if i should remove the juice in the coil or leave it in there and wrap it up, or should i put it in a container with some e liquid till ready to use again. im switching ever 2 days, i kind of need these 2 coils to last till first week of oct. i probably got a good 1000 puffs on each coil now, running mostly at 130 watts, for 2 or 3 second per puff. im just trying to last till i have a few extra bucks for coils. after that ill be good till next pay at which point ill invest in 1 tank and a second kit, 2 mods 3 tanks should be then enough for me to be successful in this change

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im not switching the flavor in the coils, im switching coils and flavor back and fourth, one coil sour apple and the other has a watermelon thing. i just wondering if i should remove the juice in the coil or leave it in there and wrap it up, or should i put it in a container with some e liquid till ready to use again. im switching ever 2 days, i kind of need these 2 coils to last till first week of oct. i probably got a good 1000 puffs on each coil now, running mostly at 130 watts, for 2 or 3 second per puff. im just trying to last till i have a few extra bucks for coils. after that ill be good till next pay at which point ill invest in 1 tank and a second kit, 2 mods 3 tanks should be then enough for me to be successful in this change

I know. I was just responding to BearHunter. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my Tobacco tank I got some Flue Cured Tobacco recently that is just way too strong for me so I use just a couple of drops in a 2ML tank. This is retail e-Liquid and the taste stays around for like 6-10 ML's of other Tobaccos in the tank. But it is a tobacco so it blends well.

VU Sponsors