Become a Patron!

Cleaning Atomizer

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howdy Vaperinos!

i have a quick question...

Is it ok to submerge the build deck (griffin and kangertech sub tank) or base into water? i want to clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner but i am weary of the consequences..

Is it a good idea? or best not to just in case of instant or long term issues ?

Any knowledge,tips or tricks are much obliged.. thank you in advance.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yes

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep you sure can just make sure you dry it out real good before you put it back in use. I wash mine all the time and have ran most of my tanks through the Ultra Sonic. Dont let them sit for a long time cause just like any metal they will rust

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The rust comment was because I have left them overnight to soak and didnt get them dried out all the way and I had several rust.

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The rust comment was because I have left them overnight to soak and didnt get them dried out all the way and I had several rust.
Thank you for elaborating on my question... i will do his.. and then dry it with a hair dryer afterwards... i can't see rust tasting very nice lol..
Thanks maninmal :rolleyes:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
welcome most of the time I wash and then run through ultra sonic for about 5 mins then lay out on a towel to air dry overnight and they are fine. Should you run into any rust I did learn that vinegar and water let soak a couple hrs and it usually scrubs off :) The ones that rusted on me was a lazy day and I left them in there a whole day and then didnt take them out til next day and then didnt lay them out nice on a towel chucked them all in a bowl.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
First time cleaning my tank before my first build. Female, noob, using original coil from first use built by Kanger. I cleaned my tank with alcohol. Drying went fast. Still a few drops in the ribs of the tank, but I used a Q-tip to absorb most of it. Should I let it sit overnight to be sure all alcohol is gone? Trying to post pics but too large....stand by....

HELP! I want to try it tonight! Ummm...I did forget to strike it up to see the coils even out BEFORE I put the OCC in. Waiting for guidance....

Attachments

• RBA1-1.jpg
    RBA1-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 20
  • RBA1.jpg
    RBA1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 19

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
what kind of alcohol did you use? Drinkable kind or the isopropyl alcohol?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
isopropyl 91%. Just uploaded pics. See above.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tank smells clean but still traces of iso. Vent smells clean. Wow, that deck is small.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Running a Sigelei Fuchia with Kang 7ml tank. Watched several videos on juice. Apparently I have PG and didn't let it steep. Will do tonight in closet. Saw quick fixes, but want a menthol hit with more fruit. Koolada was recommended which I'll order from reputable vendor: Perfumist Apprentice or Flavor Art? Have Kang Kbox as my alternate. That one sucks also. Need more flavor. Will add Puff's Peach or Bomb Pop. Got a little space in there until I can properly mix my Kanger RBA I guess. Can always clean that one out. Selling my Vision Spinners. They're dry.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta be real careful with rubbing alcohol. Some brand add a bit of oil to the alcohol, after all it's meant for a massage or cleaning boo-boo's. To be on the safe side, use cheap Vodka like Phillips 100 proof. It ain't good for drinking, but it makes a dandy cleaner.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks Zam. Looking at it this morning it's dry, but I can see a bit of residue like you said. Next time I'll use my Smirnoff. Now, to get my juice right. How do the coils and cotton look from my post at 9:35 pm last night? Don't wanna blow myself up.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they look ok to me. You're using a regulated mod, it ain't gonna let you get blown up.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wash mine out all the time, give them a quick dry, then rewick and use. They're not always completely dry, but then again I'm going to put juice in them so they'll be wet then!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what kind of alcohol did you use? Drinkable kind or the isopropyl alcohol?

isopropyl is poisonous, don't use it. I use both 100 Proof Vodka and Everclear which is 190 proof. The Vodka if I have to soak something (it's cheaper) and Everclear dries very fast so I only need to use a little bit on a paper towel to wipe things down.

Again stay away from isopropyl for it's toxic.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/155021-what-toxic-chemicals-are-in-rubbing-alcohol/

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
isopropyl is poisonous, don't use it. I use both 100 Proof Vodka and Everclear which is 190 proof. The Vodka if I have to soak something (it's cheaper) and Everclear dries very fast so I only need to use a little bit on a paper towel to wipe things down.

Again stay away from isopropyl for it's toxic.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/155021-what-toxic-chemicals-are-in-rubbing-alcohol/
I know its poisonous that is why I told her to wait til it totally dries if she did.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know its poisonous that is why I told her to wait til it totally dries if she did.

Better to recommend using very high proof Vodka (I just use the cheap 100 Proof Monarch) or Everclear. I get the 1/2 gallon Monarch 100 for around $25 and a fifth of Everclear for around $30. This lasts me a long time, I clean with water then hit it with either the Vodka or Everclear.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Better to recommend using very high proof Vodka (I just use the cheap 100 Proof Monarch) or Everclear. I get the 1/2 gallon Monarch 100 for around $25 and a fifth of Everclear for around $30. This lasts me a long time, I clean with water then hit it with either the Vodka or Everclear.
I always recommend liquor over alcohol but since they had already used it I needed to find out which one they used in order to give the best advice for their question.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, the tank dried and I can see I'm glad I posted here. Iso no more...that was scary and quite dangerous had I not sought out the help of you vets. I've got Smirnoff in the freezer for next time. Also, I know that you're to use purified water only when cleaning (per videos I've seen). Well, time to juice her up. My sister just came by. I asked her to get me peach or fruity flavor, maybe banana to help me chill down my menthol. She couldn't remember, said they had no peach so she got me MENTHOL again by ECTO. No clue if it's VG, which I would prefer. I think I have PG w/maybe some AG in it. No real lingering clouds. Got my bottles steeping in the closet as of last night but need some it for my first mix. Think I'll wait until later when I'm having a cold beer to calm me down.

You guys have been great. Thank you!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rubbing and denatured... leave it on the shelf use it ONLY for cleaning electric parts not vape related or to strip paint.
Rot gut booze that is clear and cheap is easy and cheap.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I wash mine out all the time, give them a quick dry, then rewick and use. They're not always completely dry, but then again I'm going to put juice in them so they'll be wet then!

Wash out with what and letting it stay wet?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wash out with what and letting it stay wet?
Water! Sometimes with a little Dawn if I had a strong-smelling juice in it. I do dry with a paper towel, but of course there's still moisture.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay. This isn't 'cleaning' related, but should I have more cotton on the deck? I screwed the 3/8" cylinder on it and there's still room on the deck. Does the cotton have to be one piece or can I use extra that I cut off last night to fill the rest of the deck? See pics from post #8. Got the wick primed, but after putting the RBA tank cylinder on, I still have more room. Just watched a video of a guy doing it and he pulls his cotton all the way to the juice holes. I promise I'll not hijack this thread after this question. (blush)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would run a chunk through. Put the barrel on it and lift the cotton up. Cut at the barrel top and then put in on toward the deck.

Anything more and you will choke it off.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@AmandaD Thanks for the tip. Booze and Dawn. Good cleaning cocktail.

Ah. So I was too conservative on the cotton trying to stay within the confines of the coil. Also, the less compact it is through the coil the better? Getting her drunk in a few. Hate wasting crap. Good thing is I have the tank full and ready to go. Used 1 part Blue Ice (menthol) 3 parts Peach. Hope it tastes as I'm hoping. Oh, gonna order some Koolada as suggested. C'min girl...Shot time.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah. So I was too conservative on the cotton trying to stay within the confines of the coil. Also, the less compact it is through the coil the better? Hate wasting crap.
Scottish roll darlin, don't need much.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Too funny. Hubby (ex-hubby...long story) wanted to make sure all of the water/soap was out after the vodka, so he took it in his shop and cranked up the air compressor.

Got some nice Scottish roll and fluff @BigNasty (Haha on drinking vodka + dawn) . Again, hubby checked (doesn't vape) the cotton and is satisfied it's evenly fluffed and coils are aligned evenly. Priming now. He wants to watch a movie and said he'd give me another 15 min before popcorn is ready. 8 drops of peach and 2 drops of menthol. We'll see. What I'm vaping on now tastes like the bottom of a runner's shoe. Will report in 10 min. You guys are AWESOME! Thanks so much!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, without knowing (my dumb ass fault, again) of what it looks like fired up BEFORE putting in the cotton, it tastes great. I turned it down to 6w, did quick puffs...will still do a few, and turn it up inch by inch. It has the taste I want...maybe a few more drops of menthol later since the 7ml tank is full, but all seems like it's going okay. Will double check the fire tomorrow.

Again, thank you so much gang for your help. I'll leave this thread and post my other inquiries in the proper thread. Hugs to you all. Movie time!

Trueman ecig Yilia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes, it's ok, but make sure you dry it out real good before you put it back in use

VU Sponsors