Become a Patron!

clone v original heads?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I bought some clone kanger heads that sucked and it got me thinking, are any of the clone coils/heads any good? On a side note got some aspire bvc heads & I think I found my new tank /head of choice. Probably gonna finally get away from evods, these aspires taste so much better & I have yet to have a burnt hit.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Edited because the original thread I answered my own ? And didn't want to waste the space lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It varies , i have tried a few cloned heads and i was very surprised that some worked really well , i have also tried some that sucked so there you go. What i have a problem with is vendors claiming cloned heads are authentic when i know very well their not.

It really pays to do your research and know your gear , some will definitely take advantage of the "not so bright" types.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got protank head from slowtech a long time ago. I figured if they sucked, I would just rebuild them. It didn't matter if they were stock or rebuilt, 1.2 or as high as 2.5 the rubber grommet burnt and you were vaping plastic tasting what ever juice you had. Never screwed around with non authentic heads after that. Saving a few bucks wasn't worth throwing $20 in the trash again. That was like 2 years ago, so thongs could be different now IDK.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The above is why I am now using RBAs 99% of the time and only use replaceable heads with clearos for stealth vaping.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before i knew anything about rebuilding i bought a pack of the below item (50 of them for like $2.00 ) for Pro Tank rebuilds and didn't touch them for a long time because i found out how easy it was to wrap your own.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10007181/1591806-pre-made-wires-and-wicks-for-atomizer-50-pack

I was in a rush one day and didn't have time to rebuild so i just stuck the FT coil into the Protank head and to my shock , those things are not that bad .

I was very surprised by the vapor and taste of my juice with them , for how dirt cheap they are i think it was a good buy (especially if you like silica wicks). I still prefer to start from scratch and wrap my own but these definitely work .

The leg lengths are precision cut for Pro Tank heads , they come pre wrapped in ohm's ratings from 1.5 up to 2.9.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before i knew anything about rebuilding i bought a pack of the below item (50 of them for like $2.00 ) for Pro Tank rebuilds and didn't touch them for a long time because i found out how easy it was to wrap your own.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10007181/1591806-pre-made-wires-and-wicks-for-atomizer-50-pack

I was in a rush one day and didn't have time to rebuild so i just stuck the FT coil into the Protank head and to my shock , those things are not that bad .

I was very surprised by the vapor and taste of my juice with them , for how dirt cheap they are i think it was a good buy (especially if you like silica wicks). I still prefer to start from scratch and wrap my own but these definitely work .

The leg lengths are precision cut for Pro Tank heads , they come pre wrapped in ohm's ratings from 1.5 up to 2.9.
Yes I've bought lots of those premade coils from ft for vapers and have got very good reports back.

But to the op, asking whether authentic heads are better can be a bit difficult to judge. Some are very bad. End of. They can be everso slightly the wrong size which causes problems. They can be badly made and gurgle. Argh!! Hate that.

But mostly they can taste really awful. But I'm really fussy when it comes to silica. What tastes God awful to me may be ok for someone else. But like what lamme said, it's not worth trying to save yourself a cent or two. If you look on fasttech there's hardly any difference in price.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes I've bought lots of those premade coils from ft for vapers and have got very good reports back.

But to the op, asking whether authentic heads are better can be a bit difficult to judge. Some are very bad. End of. They can be everso slightly the wrong size which causes problems. They can be badly made and gurgle. Argh!! Hate that.

But mostly they can taste really awful. But I'm really fussy when it comes to silica. What tastes God awful to me may be ok for someone else. But like what lamme said, it's not worth trying to save yourself a cent or two. If you look on fasttech there's hardly any difference in price.

Thats a very good point , what's the price difference is what needs to be asked . If it's close i would opt for the authentic as i think most would as well .

Hey HK , didn't realize you managed to break free from Joe's tomb of death , anyways , i hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year my friend , your a class act in my book.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha Thanks and merry Christmas to you too. There's a good Robin Williams film just starting called Toys. It looks good anyway. And I hear the last of that wine calling. So goodnighty @VH fan and have a good and peaceful christmas

VU Sponsors