Become a Patron!

Clones? And other noob questions

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
right now i have a 26ga 2.5mm 10wrap dual titanium build on it if i recall correctly. i just got some titanium wire a couple of weeks ago, and been messing with it. but so far, it's not my favorite. i've tried nickel too. i guess temp control isn't my thing, or i need to learn some better build techniques, cause thus far, i'm not impressed. before that i had some UD precoiled 26/32ga clapton wire 5/6 wrap in there that was pretty damn good. another one of my favorite builds for RDAs is a simple 4/5 wrap dual 26ga parallel

i've had one twisted build in it but i was getting a lot of spit back.

oh, i also close off the top air holes, and the bottom slots i like them about half closed. i get dense clouds with good flavor that way. makes a huge difference if you havent messed with that already
Thanks for the info..
I will try parallel dual 5 wraps.

VAPE ON

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind

Last edited:

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
right now i have a 26ga 2.5mm 10wrap dual titanium build on it if i recall correctly. i just got some titanium wire a couple of weeks ago, and been messing with it. but so far, it's not my favorite. i've tried nickel too. i guess temp control isn't my thing, or i need to learn some better build techniques, cause thus far, i'm not impressed. before that i had some UD precoiled 26/32ga clapton wire 5/6 wrap in there that was pretty damn good. another one of my favorite builds for RDAs is a simple 4/5 wrap dual 26ga parallel

i've had one twisted build in it but i was getting a lot of spit back.

oh, i also close off the top air holes, and the bottom slots i like them about half closed. i get dense clouds with good flavor that way. makes a huge difference if you havent messed with that already

Im not a fan of TC myself so i grabed some 26g kanthol from amazon when i bought my ohm meter so we'll see how that goes after it gets here!

the chick i was watching did a 3 way comparison of the unbranded, tebeco, and the mini velocity rda's and the unbranded and the tebeco where less than 3 bucks apart and ive read tebeco is really good at clones so i decided to jump on that one we'll see how it is once it gets here!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bet you get punched in the face a lot in real life.

I'm in my 30's, 6 ft 2, weigh over 250, built like a linebacker, extensively tattooed, shaved head, plus I don't hang around bullies or assholes, so no I don't get punched in the face at all. In fact, I don't hang around people much at all besides family, work or going to the grocery store etc. People in general suck and I avoid them as much as possible. I spend most of my time alone or with my wife.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My theory in filling the drip well turned out to be wrong. Even if you don't drip directly onto the wick, you can still flood it and you will get popping and spitting. I figured that out last night. I still prefer dripping into the drip well, but I don't fill it. No more than 2-3 drops at a time. Works much better now. I was constantly hacking every time I took a hit, now I can hit as hard as I like without coughing. I don't hit that hard though. My objective is the nic hit, not clouds lol.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My theory in filling the drip well turned out to be wrong. Even if you don't drip directly onto the wick, you can still flood it and you will get popping and spitting. I figured that out last night. I still prefer dripping into the drip well, but I don't fill it. No more than 2-3 drops at a time. Works much better now. I was constantly hacking every time I took a hit, now I can hit as hard as I like without coughing. I don't hit that hard though. My objective is the nic hit, not clouds lol.
Here's the solution to spitting and popping
GO 100%VG
Done...
I was dripping on a 60/40pg and 70/30pg
On a .15 ohms twisted 22g 2.5 diameter the coils gets too hot, I felt like I was getting shot in my mouth, I tried dripping on the cotton and on the well, it's the same thing, it POPS/SPITS, Lower wattage higher wattage it's the same thing, I decided to re wick my coils
Dripping on a 100%vg problem solve!!
Good thing STRIX ELIXIRS having 40% off, waiting for 360ml of VG Goodness!

VAPE ON

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm in my 30's, 6 ft 2, weigh over 250, built like a linebacker, extensively tattooed, shaved head, plus I don't hang around bullies or assholes, so no I don't get punched in the face at all. In fact, I don't hang around people much at all besides family, work or going to the grocery store etc. People in general suck and I avoid them as much as possible. I spend most of my time alone or with my wife.

Have you stopped snapping at her yet over your leaking Kayfun?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In another thread he was whining about his leaking Kayfun, and how that was causing him to snap at his wife. He asked for advise, I suggested anger management.

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In another thread he was whining about his leaking Kayfun, and how that was causing him to snap at his wife. He asked for advise, I suggested anger management.

And why are you commenting on this post about it?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's the solution to spitting and popping
GO 100%VG
Done...
I was dripping on a 60/40pg and 70/30pg
On a .15 ohms twisted 22g 2.5 diameter the coils gets too hot, I felt like I was getting shot in my mouth, I tried dripping on the cotton and on the well, it's the same thing, it POPS/SPITS, Lower wattage higher wattage it's the same thing, I decided to re wick my coils
Dripping on a 100%vg problem solve!!
Good thing STRIX ELIXIRS having 40% off, waiting for 360ml of VG Goodness!

VAPE ON

I had some 100%vg, but I ran out. The juice I'm vaping now was given to me, 3 flavors that are all high vg, but not 100%, the lowest vg I think is 82%. When I get some extra money, I will buy some 100% vg. Till then, gotta use what I got. But I'm not having any trouble right now as long as I don't overdrip, 2-3 drops is good for about 4-5 pulls, so I have no complaints. Flavor is decent and vapor production isn't bad at all, I'm using a steamcrave rda and the airflow design is very unique, I think that's why I get pretty good vapor production, I'm at 1ohm on a mech mod and I'm getting better vapor production than someone in my Facebook group who posted a video claiming .1 ohms on a doge.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because he mentioned a dislike of bullies.

Being short with my wife doesn't make me a bully. A bully has two objectives, to either make other people feel inadequate so they can feel better about themselves, or criticizing/intimidating others into fulfilling their expectations. Saying I snapped at my wife proves neither of those things and is irrelevant to this thread. Now, I've apologized to everyone in this thread, and everyone seems to be good with that as far as I can tell, except for you who I have done nothing to. The only purpose that us antagonizing each other will serve is to create more drama and upset everyone here all over again. I do not want to do that. You may do as you like, but I politely suggest that you drop whatever beef you have with me because I have none with you to begin with, and everyone here will be much happier without unnecessary drama and arguing. Again, you may do as you like but I will not respond to further antagonising. Clearly you have some sort of expectation of me that you are trying to enforce through criticism. I don't know what that expectation is, but I can assure you it will not be met. Feel free to continue wasting your time :D

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had some 100%vg, but I ran out. The juice I'm vaping now was given to me, 3 flavors that are all high vg, but not 100%, the lowest vg I think is 82%. When I get some extra money, I will buy some 100% vg. Till then, gotta use what I got. But I'm not having any trouble right now as long as I don't overdrip, 2-3 drops is good for about 4-5 pulls, so I have no complaints. Flavor is decent and vapor production isn't bad at all, I'm using a steamcrave rda and the airflow design is very unique, I think that's why I get pretty good vapor production, I'm at 1ohm on a mech mod and I'm getting better vapor production than someone in my Facebook group who posted a video claiming .1 ohms on a doge.
Let me make this clear
Ur vaping 1.0 ohm
0.1ohm?
Yup with a super low coil, that will require a lot of power/heat, PG being thin liquid will just POP and that what was happening, check them out, not sure if this will be moved to another thread
bd731e01c67e5e2ae5db0dc96a8646b3.jpg

VAPE ON

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, not 0.1, 1 as in one ohm.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.1 ohm would vent my battery, battery is rated for 30 amps but it being an efest I researched for test results and it fell off around 20 amps in testing, .1 ohms at 4.2v is 42 amps, even if my battery really were a 30amp, it still couldn't handle it. Nope, like my face where it is just fine lol.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.21ohms would be 20amps at 4.2v, I'm not even comfortable getting close to that on a mech mod with this battery. I built a twisted coil that came out to about .6, and I wasn't ready for it lol. Too much vapor for me at this point, being new to dripping.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be honest, the lower the resistance the shorter the battery life, I only have one battery right now so the higher I build. The longer it lasts on a single charge. Also, I started vaping for the nicotine, I'm getting a good nic hit at 1ohm, I don't care about extreme clouds or extreme vapor, my rda has pretty good air flow so I get decent vapor production, I'm happy with it. I'm using a steamcrave rda, I could try to explain the airflow design but you'd probably understand it better if I grab a link for you.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.21ohms would be 20amps at 4.2v, I'm not even comfortable getting close to that on a mech mod with this battery. I built a twisted coil that came out to about .6, and I wasn't ready for it lol. Too much vapor for me at this point, being new to dripping.
I suggest get a regulated device dude
I stick 100 is cheap $30 bucks, mech mod? Ok based on ur calculations, that's with full charge, it will not give you the same VAPE all the time. Go regulated and see the difference

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest, the lower the resistance the shorter the battery life, I only have one battery right now so the higher I build. The longer it lasts on a single charge. Also, I started vaping for the nicotine, I'm getting a good nic hit at 1ohm, I don't care about extreme clouds or extreme vapor, my rda has pretty good air flow so I get decent vapor production, I'm happy with it. I'm using a steamcrave rda, I could try to explain the airflow design but you'd probably understand it better if I grab a link for you.
Whatever works for you brother..
FYI you need to buy batteries..

VAPE ON

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
riptrippers.com/blogs/blogb/19214163-aromamizer-rda-by-steam-crave here is a video review of the steam crave

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I suggest get a regulated device dude
I stick 100 is cheap $30 bucks, mech mod? Ok based on ur calculations, that's with full charge, it will not give you the same VAPE all the time. Go regulated and see the difference

VAPE ON

I appreciate the suggestion, but at 1ohm its not killing the battery enough to notice a difference. I'm good, I'm gonna stick with this for awhile.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the suggestion, but at 1ohm its not killing the battery enough to notice a difference. I'm good, I'm gonna stick with this for awhile.

Very good atty... Flavor flavor
VAPE ON

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whatever works for you brother..
FYI you need to buy batteries..

VAPE ON

As soon as I find a job, I will buy a better battery. This is a 1600mah. The lowest I have ran it down, vaping all day, is 3.68v. My wife and I moved from PA to Florida back in April and I haven't been able to find a job yet. I think if I were to get a 2000 or 2500mah battery, I could probably vape all day and barely drop below 4v. I don't chain vape, and I don't take a lot of hits at one time. I drip 2-3 drops at a time, probably no more than 6 drops total in a single vape. I vape probably about every two hours, maybe even a little longer than that unless I'm stressed out or annoyed. I'm vaping right now, and its only my 4th time today but mind you I wasn't up before noon and i also had errands to run and watched a movie with my wife. I don't usually vape in the room with her because she has asthma and says it bothers her a little. But yeah, vape wise this is a pretty typical day for me.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Very good atty... Flavor flavor
VAPE ON

I love this atty, I was given two others and I love this one so much I haven't even bothered to try the others. One appears to be a tugboat clone, and does not have an adjustable 510 pin so thats automatically out, the other is a Vulcan clone, that one does have an adjustable pin but I like the steam Crave so much I've just been using that since I got it.

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i built a .4ohm dual 7 wrap coil using 26g kanthal and idk how to feel about it haha its nice but not ehat i was expecting maybe itll get better the more i getnuse to it!

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No its a dual 18650 ipv4s at 50w its pretty dope. The more i use it the more i like it haha

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today I used a single vertical clapton coil at .78 ohm. I used a mini atomizer - the velocity - on an 18350 mech mod. I have had never had issues with that build. On an 18650 I commonly go below .2 ohm. So safety. Well, you have to be smart of course. You need good batteries ( I use mostly sony and the brown lg). You have to pay attention when the atty begins to heat up. But truly I have never had build issues in years. I have shorted out atomizers on hybrids (I know the drill but ... ) and I have over dripped and had juice spill out the atty (nasty).

I use a unicorn to drip ... I count the drops. I know how many drops I need for a particular atty - anywhere from 6 - 9 drops. On my velocity I use about seven eight drops down the chuff cap.

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Today I used a single vertical clapton coil at .78 ohm. I used a mini atomizer - the velocity - on an 18350 mech mod. I have had never had issues with that build. On an 18650 I commonly go below .2 ohm. So safety. Well, you have to be smart of course. You need good batteries ( I use mostly sony and the brown lg). You have to pay attention when the atty begins to heat up. But truly I have never had build issues in years. I have shorted out atomizers on hybrids (I know the drill but ... ) and I have over dripped and had juice spill out the atty (nasty).

I use a unicorn to drip ... I count the drops. I know how many drops I need for a particular atty - anywhere from 6 - 9 drops. On my velocity I use about seven eight drops down the chuff cap.
I have the tebeco clone of the velocity with the dual .4 ohm coil on a ipv4s which has 2 18650's and im still trying to get the whole thing down ive taken a few dry hits and ong its terribke haha and ive over filled it once its a bitch to clean up lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the tebeco clone of the velocity with the dual .4 ohm coil on a ipv4s which has 2 18650's and im still trying to get the whole thing down ive taken a few dry hits and ong its terribke haha and ive over filled it once its a bitch to clean up lol

Post a photo bro.

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What kind of cotton are you using?
What's the diameter of ur coil?
How many wraps?
What kind of juice or ratio?
On .04 50 watts, what's the volts?

VAPE ON

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of cotton are you using?
What's the diameter of ur coil?
How many wraps?
What kind of juice or ratio?
On .04 50 watts, what's the volts?

VAPE ON
Organic cotton balls

That idk haha im getting a jig this weekend i found a screwdriver that works for the moment

7 each

Fruity at 50/50,, 60/40,, 70/30

5.56v

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Not sure of ratio itsca store bought primem juice

TheRenegadeBiker