Become a Patron!

Cloud chaser advice

Hi I'm sorta new to cloud chasing and I recently built a zipper 0.10 ohm coil build on a velocity rda clone with a kanger kbox 200.
I've been using it for a few day and my entire set up seems to be getting very warm. Is this to be expected with very low sub on coils or should I be worried ?

It's completely normal. But, like most other regulated devices the Kbox 200 should have overheat protection. There's no need to worry.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi I'm sorta new to cloud chasing and I recently built a zipper 0.10 ohm coil build on a velocity rda clone with a kanger kbox 200.
I've been using it for a few day and my entire set up seems to be getting very warm. Is this to be expected with very low sub on coils or should I be worried ?
yeah it's gonna get hot. kanger makes more starter like devices. If you are building that low and trying to get clouds you might want to pick up a bulkier mod thats made for it. Something like a Hohmwrecker G2

Also make sure you are using good batteries

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First of all, since you are using a regulated mod, you can totally ignore your resistance. Resistance really only matters if you were using a mechanical mod.
That said, what you want is as big a core diameter and wide a coil as you can fit. Keeping in mind the amount of power you have to play with. Nevermind fancy coils, like claptons, staggered, zippered. Just straight no frills wire. Basically, you aren't trapping juice for flavor, you are burning juice as fast as you can draw it from the wick. Heating extra wire is a waste of watts that you could better use to power more wraps. The only time you consider resistance on a regulated box, is to keep between the upper and lower limits of the mod.
I would also suggest a heat sink. They are pretty cheap, but can save your IC Chip from burning out.. Circuits don't like heat.
Higher VG will give more clouds. So for strait out, balls to the walls clouds, you want 100% VG, no nic, no flavor. And don't forget the inhale / exhale. It makes a difference. But you will have to youtube that one.

And yes, as SirRR said, use top grade batteries. Even a regulated mods protection circuit can fail. Venting is better than blowing up. Batteries make the difference.

VU Sponsors