Cloud chasing box mod?

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers Corner' started by piemasher, May 31, 2015.

1. piemasher

piemasher New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys. I was curious and thinking of jumping from my manhattan mod to a box mod. What are some good cloud chasers? Would it be better to have a regulated or non regulated box? Thanks... kinda lost

2. scarecrowjenkins

scarecrowjenkins Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I dropped a link in your other post. Personally i prefer unregulated. It really boils down to whether or not you actually enjoy building. If building is a chore for you, i'd go with a regulated mod, because you can get a wider range of performance out of any given build by cranking/dropping the wattage. If you do enjoy building then you may wanna get a mechanical box, as long as you stay safe you can build to suit your needs. I have both and i like both. I usually take my regulated box when i'm gonna be out for a while because i can keep an eye on battery levels, and because a regulated box will always push the same wattage until the batteries run low. But 9/10 days i roll with an unregulated mod, i just like the way they vape a little better. It's kinda hard to explain. Maybe hit a shop and try a Sigelei or IPV4 and see how they work for you. You might wanna go regulated just for convenience reasons. These days a regulated box lets you build down to .10, so you can pretty much do whatever you would do with a mech in a regulated mod. Its really a question only you can answer for yourself, because of personal taste :p

3. martinelias

martinelias Silver Contributor Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Cherry bomber dimitri hexohm v2 all good box mods that can crank. Hexohm is variable voltage while the other two are mecanical unregulated.

4. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Tesla Invader II is a good dual 18650 Mosfet box that can be had for around $30. It does the trick and is cheap.

martinelias likes this.
  5. BoomStick

BoomStick Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sigelei 150w. Fires down to .1 ohms, has dual batteries for good runtime and has plenty of power.

VaporIQ likes this.
  6. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    For a regulated mod, I agree with Boomstick, go with the Sig 150W. For a non regulated box mod I suggest getting a dual parallel 18650 box with Mosfet protection to the switch. The other box mod that is getting good reviews is the Castigator, no Mosfet, but it is a pure mechanical box mod able to handle low Ohm setups - Assuming you use good batteries.

VaporIQ likes this.
  7. Vysium

Vysium New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'd go variable voltage. I have an IPV4, IPV Mini 2 70 Watt, Sigelie 150 Watt and the 100 Watt Plus. They all work great for clouds.

8. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Cloud chaser alright...... The Voltrove on a NLPWM....

Attached Files: