Become a Patron!

Cloud chasing

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

I have the istick 40tc. It is using the gs tank with a 0.15ohm coil in tc mode.

I am at around 440-460 degree F.

I use a 50/50 juice at the moment at 12mg nic.

Now, i get clouds, but not thick "milky" clouds. And the nicotine burns my throat sometimes. So i know i need a lower nic level. But how do i get best set up for big clouds, good flavour but still a little throat hit?

Do i just need to change juice? Change settings? Coil?

Cheers guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew83

Member For 4 Years
I have read a few posts, but it's easy to get mixed up and confused. So if someone can do a simple "tailored to me" answer i would be very grateful!

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't really use TC, so someone else can probably help you more on that front. I do have Ni coils for my Zephyrus and it does decent clouds but that's at 60 watts and hottest setting.

Get some 100% VG juice or closer to it. VG will beef up your clouds.
TT

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think there's enough info here about cloud chasing already,
If u want thick clouds
You have to change ur juice VG/pg ratio
60/40pg 70/30pg etcccc
12mg???? Wow
I don't have enough experience with TC mode, but look around, there's a lot of info here about CLOUDSSSSS

VAPE ON

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Cheers ej.....as say i have been looking around but was after advice for a personal set up. Do you think 12mg is high?

Last edited:

Moodyeagle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

Now, i get clouds, but not thick "milky" clouds. And the nicotine burns my throat sometimes. So i know i need a lower nic level. But how do i get best set up for big clouds, good flavour but still a little throat hit?

Cheers guys!!!

For thick clouds you're better off with an rda, dual 24 gauge, 4 or 5 wrap. Get some 80% or more vg juice, decent amount of airflow, but not too much. Tc can make alright clouds but its more for flavour from personal experience. So go with normal wattage mode. And you'll probably need a bigger mod, 80w or so.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have read a few posts, but it's easy to get mixed up and confused. So if someone can do a simple "tailored to me" answer i would be very grateful!

Here is your answer.. You do not use a Ifuck to get "Clouds" you are using the wrong device probably the wrong juice and just to not get it!!
there ya go

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Bit pf a rude blunt reply....is that really needed???

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bit pf a rude blunt reply....is that really needed???

Yes if all you care about is "Blowing Clouds" IMHO then you really should not be vaping and if you want to Blow Clouds learn the elements of it over time.. you are looking for someone to lay it out for you ..There are so many elements of it no one can give you a quick cut and dry answer so what I said was honest to the point.. If you want me to reply and mollycoddle you so you do not have to deal with the risks it aint gonna happen

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Maybe I shouldn't have called it cloud chasing. I don't just want to blow clouds. I am 6weeks no cigs. Just looking to get more exhaled vape more flavour and less throat burn.

I am not gojng to start making my own coils etc as 1 no time, 2 no experience and don't wanna blow myself up!

So if anyone would like to give me a bit of help setting up my device then great.

If not, thanks anyway.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

Cheers guys!!!

I don't have any personal experience with temp control, but I do understand how they work.

Your coil resistance is within the mod's specs. It's on the lowest end of the spectrum, but it is technically within its range of capability. That and I haven't seen too many pre-built temp control coils at a higher resistance than .15.

Your biggest problem is your juice.
50/50 VG/PG is great in your Mini Protank on your ego, but it is no good for sub-ohm vaping. Any time I've vaped anything less than 80% VG I've gotten horrible spit-back and usually get a coating of juice wherever it's hitting inside my mouth. Higher than 20% PG is just too thin if you're going to sub-ohm vape, lung hit, and want any semblance of cloud on exhale.

If 12mg nicotine works for you then that's what works. You mentioned less throat burn and nicotine and PG both burn, but differently. Nicotine burn is more like when you swallow food that's too hot/spicy (to me), like peppery burn. PG burn is more subdued like a cup of coffee that's almost too hot to drink; it's uncomfortable, but not like drinking boiling water.

Personally, anything over 3mg is too much for me. I got the pale cold sweats nausea racing heart thing going the last time I had 6mg...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

drew83

Member For 4 Years
I do get a bit of juice in my mouth...few spots and sometimes hot!

Ok will try a lesser nic level too. I have been on 12mg for a couple of months with my old ego style pen. Got this new set up monday and trying to balance it out.

Will look about for a lower nic higher vg juice.

Cheers guy

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I shouldn't have called it cloud chasing. I don't just want to blow clouds. I am 6weeks no cigs. Just looking to get more exhaled vape more flavour and less throat burn.

I am not gojng to start making my own coils etc as 1 no time, 2 no experience and don't wanna blow myself up!

So if anyone would like to give me a bit of help setting up my device then great.

If not, thanks anyway.

your VG level maybe a 70/30 or Max VG
the next step IMHO is upgrade your device.. 40W may never give you large clouds as you probably have seen in the vape shops ..
if you are hell bent to use TC then you surely can get a more satisfying vape with incrased Wattage/Joules depending on your device.
Since you said you do not want to start building yet these would be my suggestions.. In the build world there are many ways ..hope this helps thats the question I was looking for so I could give a better answer

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As stated by a few already, maybe go a little higher VG, decrease your nic level and try different juices....good luck....hope you get to the point where you totally enjoy your vape to keep off the smokes!

VU Sponsors