Become a Patron!

Cloupor Mini,Beware

D

Donald Bickers

ive had my cloupor mini 9 days,man what a beast,,,,,this morning I fired it up ,and got a message "To Hot" and the case was definitely hot,so I took the battery out and the inside of it is melted,what a bummer!!!
W2bIthW.jpg

and it wont power up at all now

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were there any issues with it previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Donald Bickers

Were there any issues with it previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no,worked perfectly,,,,no warning ,it just gave me an error message of "To Hot" and started getting really hot,so I took the battery out,,,,and the battery wasn't hot either

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Contact Clouper and see what they say.. Hopefully they will make good

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I smell class action suit against Clouper.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tomorrow is day 8 with mine.. lets see what happens

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They really should be recalling these, but being China they won't, they will leave it a few months and then hope most people have forgotten and release a new mod.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They really should be recalling these, but being China they won't, they will leave it a few months and then hope most people have forgotten and release a new mod.
I predict they change their name and pretend nothing ever happened.

D

Donald Bickers

Contact Clouper and see what they say.. Hopefully they will make good
I contacted the seller and he sent me to cloupor,so I sent an email to service at cloupor,just waiting on a return email

Last edited by a moderator:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I contacted the seller and he sent me to clouper,so I sent an email to service at clouper,just waiting on a return email
So a seller who's not standing by his own product? He should take it back and he should have to deal with clouper for suppying him faulty products. What vendor is that?

D

Donald Bickers

What I hope not to see is a news story about one causing harm or fire damage:(
its just a good thing I was right here at the time and saw the error message,and not outside messing around,,,,who knows if it would have caught on fire if unattended

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, that's lame....sorry for your clouper loss :) I have some of the regular dna 30 cloupe's and never had any issues :(

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry for you situation,

Try to pursue your warranty immediately and please let us know how it goes for you!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I call bullshit on the seller as well as clouper, the seller for pushing the shit off his desk onto another's desk and clouper for selling shoddy mods

D

Donald Bickers

So a seller who's not standing by his own product? He should take it back and he should have to deal with clouper for suppying him faulty products. What vendor is that?

heres my email to them

I ordered this on 1-14-15,and received it on 1-20-15,it has worked great until this morning,i was using it and I got a warning screen that said "To Hot"and the unit was very hot,i took the back off and the housing on the inside of the battery cover is melted,it wont work at all now,,i have only had this a little over a week,im not sure of what I should do,if you could help me I would appreciate it very much
Thank You,,Don Bickers

heres their return email

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you use your VIP card contact info at cloupor . com and they should refund your order or send you a new one due to you being under their warranty.

heres what I sent back

so this means your not going to stand behind your product,,,,,,that I have to deal with clouper myself,,,,in china no less

and what they sent back to me

This is the protocol that needs to be taken, another customer did the same thing and was issued a full refund.

bunch of fuckin crap if you ask me
when I ordered this it took 5 days to get here,now from what it looks like its gonna be a month or so to get it taken care of

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I predict they change their name and pretend nothing ever happened.
I predict your are RIGHT They have always ignored complaints in the past and after what they wrote to phil B you can tell they don't give a darn.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They need to recall them or they will never be trusted again by anyone.
I doubt Cloupor will recall them. A number of the Chana mods melted down and shorted out, Cloupor did jack shit to address the issue, vendors ended up taking the units back for refund or replacement.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
heres my email to them

I ordered this on 1-14-15,and received it on 1-20-15,it has worked great until this morning,i was using it and I got a warning screen that said "To Hot"and the unit was very hot,i took the back off and the housing on the inside of the battery cover is melted,it wont work at all now,,i have only had this a little over a week,im not sure of what I should do,if you could help me I would appreciate it very much
Thank You,,Don Bickers

heres their return email

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you use your VIP card contact info at cloupor . com and they should refund your order or send you a new one due to you being under their warranty.

heres what I sent back

so this means your not going to stand behind your product,,,,,,that I have to deal with clouper myself,,,,in china no less

and what they sent back to me

This is the protocol that needs to be taken, another customer did the same thing and was issued a full refund.

bunch of fuckin crap if you ask me
when I ordered this it took 5 days to get here,now from what it looks like its gonna be a month or so to get it taken care of

Please name the vendor, we as a vaping community need to beware and know about vendors who pass the buck to the manufacturer and don't stand behind what they sell.

D

Donald Bickers

I doubt Cloupor will recall them. A number of the Chana mods melted down and shorted out, Cloupor did jack shit to address the issue, vendors ended up taking the units back for refund or replacement.

vendors ended up taking the units back for refund or replacement.

I know of one they missed

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please name the vendor, we as a vaping community need to beware and know about vendors who pass the buck to the manufacturer and don't stand behind what they sell.
For sure we can all send our thoughts to them in a email.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am watching this post and some on fasttech closely. i have one that i received on the 14th of Jan. and been using it alot during the day. I use it during my 45 min commute to work, breaks at work when I'm out side cause of work, well you get the idea. only time I don't have it in my hand is sleep and showers. Any way I charge my batteries externally and switch them out when about 2/3 down, so far no errors no heating up. ran a .8 orchid on it at 20 watts for a while and was doing fine. Had to stop my orchid started to leak a bit. Was my first orchid build and didnt wick it properly. So I baby my Mini pretty much. I hope it lasts.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am watching this post and some on fasttech closely. i have one that i received on the 14th of Jan. and been using it alot during the day. I use it during my 45 min commute to work, breaks at work when I'm out side cause of work, well you get the idea. only time I don't have it in my hand is sleep and showers. Any way I charge my batteries externally and switch them out when about 2/3 down, so far no errors no heating up. ran a .8 orchid on it at 20 watts for a while and was doing fine. Had to stop my orchid started to leak a bit. Was my first orchid build and didnt wick it properly. So I baby my Mini pretty much. I hope it lasts.

same here.. i haven't used a build below .5 on it .. but i've been using it between 20-30 watts and today is day 7 .. I'm hoping I got the v2 but from what i hear, theres no way to tell which version it is?

anyways - all I can do is cross my fingers.. I have a 30 day warranty through the vendor site I got it from so hopefully if its going to shit the bed, it happens before then!

D

Donald Bickers

well the 4Nine/Kayfun is out of retirement,,,she was a little lonely anyway:cool:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ive had my clouper mini 9 days,man what a beast,,,,,this morning I fired it up ,and got a message "To Hot" and the case was definitely hot,so I took the battery out and the inside of it is melted,what a bummer!!! You know I just saw your pictures in show your mini mod and how proud you were of your new cloupor mini and felt bad for you Sorry. You might show a before and after pic n that thread to warn others everyone needs to be warned getting serious.
W2bIthW.jpg

and it wont power up at all now

Well......that blows I was gonna pick one up this weekend but now I think I'll get a Sig mini 30 instead, I have yet to hear about people melting them.

D

Donald Bickers

Meanwhile back on the farm
Cloupor contacted me Friday and wanted a picture,i sent pic,and they said they would take care of it this week.
Cloupor contacted me this morning and wanted to know what I paid for it,so I replied with the price
now im waiting on them to get back to me
overall im happy with their customer relations,,,,,,so far,,,,

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor contacted me Friday and wanted a picture,i sent pic,and they said they would take care of it this week.
Cloupor contacted me this morning and wanted to know what I paid for it,so I replied with the price
I had an issue with my first T6 not powering on when a battery was installed. I shot a quick video, scanned the receipt for USPS shipment, and both the vendor and Cloupor took care of everything immediately. The only thing that sucked was the waiting time for overseas shipment, but this was to be expected and unavoidable. One can say what one wants about Cloupor's products, but they do take care of their customers.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good deal they probably connected the pic with the one here. The guy at work that had melt down on his seat needs to get on here with a picture he can't seem to there attention.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope my hopefully-here-soon ZNA knock-off works as should...Cloupor-built.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
actually, cloupor does better in customer service than quality control. i had a dead cana mod from fluid vapes. it was 5 months old, dead for 3, when i saw a post at ecf about contacting cloupor. i contacted them and they paypal-ed me the cost plus shipping.

so i just call it a fire sale. under $50 for a 30 watt with removable battery? oh yeah! if one toasts, cloupor will replace it. so i bought a bunch. :p

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
actually, cloupor does better in customer service than quality control. i had a dead cana mod from fluid vapes. it was 5 months old, dead for 3, when i saw a post at ecf about contacting cloupor. i contacted them and they paypal-ed me the cost plus shipping.

so i just call it a fire sale. under $50 for a 30 watt with removable battery? oh yeah! if one toasts, cloupor will replace it. so i bought a bunch. :p

It must be nice to have an endless vaping budget such as yourself ;)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if it was an endless supply, i doubt i'd be using cloupors. :rolleyes:

well you could have a couple really high priced box mods instead of 9 cloupers (if thats the correct count) but i guess you need a bunch of mods to go with all those tanks haha

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it's 8, one's a vaporshark.

my tanks need batteries. i'm not changing anything. only take em off to fill juice. ;)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Man when you find something you like you go for it.

VU Sponsors