Become a Patron!

Cloupor Mini or iStick 30W??

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a small mod with USB pass through for my Orchid. Bummed that I basically have to build .5 or above for both, but I guess you can't have it all.

These are basically the same price on FT so I'm having a tough time. I already have a couple spare VTC5's, so the cost is basically even. Can anyone comment??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USB charging is not recommended for the Cloupor, even though it comes with the USB charge cord. Cloupor has had many negative issues charging by that means. I love mine, but I always remove the batteries to charge them.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had no issues with mine, none at all. But others have had them catch fire using the USB. Just get a charger and enjoy it, I certainly do. Nice little mod. :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I've got a charger already, but it's usually full with my rotating sets for my Sig100. Guess I should just stop being dumb and use the Orchid on that. Plenty of battery life to go around!

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My girlfriend has the cloupor mini and she has had no problems with the charger but we have 2 chargers so she just takes out the battery its faster

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that makes sense. I run my Orchid at around 35 watts, so my Sig shouldn't be any lower than 95% battery aftet my commute anyway. I always have a backup set with me anyway. I think I just wanted an excuse I buy a new mod! I also have a few mechs to choose from already...

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude lol sounds just like me i ordered the cherry bommer clone last week and now im looking at the regulated temperature control mods but up to 150 watts at least lol hell i got 700$ invested in juice already but i plan on opening a brick and mortar store in my home town next year so im playing around with all of it

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well i would think its a good one my girlfriend has the cloupor mini to which is the same both good to me if u want a 30

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I STRONGLY SUGGEST the Sigelei 30 watt mini.

Works great and you can charge via the USB without burning down your house.

The Isticks are all Rent-A-Mods.

Battery goes and you throw away the whole mod.

With the Siggy you can swap them out on the go if needed.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I STRONGLY SUGGEST the Sigelei 30 watt mini.

Works great and you can charge via the USB without burning down your house.

The Isticks are all Rent-A-Mods.

Battery goes and you throw away the whole mod.

With the Siggy you can swap them out on the go if needed.
I agree or the cloupor mini i have had no issues with it

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I agree or the cloupor mini i have had no issues with it

Glad you are digging on the Clouper!

Gotta ask though, do you charge the batteries internally using the USB charger?

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you are digging on the Clouper!

Gotta ask though, do you charge the batteries internally using the USB charger?
No the internal is only for updates on mine which is the cloupor 150w but my girlfriends cloupor 30 mini has charged hers before but... its just faster to grab 2 18650 batterys out the charger than charge it ...u know

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should probably just hold out for something with temp control. Been wanting to give that a go with some titanium wire.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After all the horror stories I heard about charging via usb, I never even took the cable out of the box. It takes two seconds to pop in a fresh battery. ;)

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Love my Cloupor Mini. I can't imagine a simpler package for a single 18650 and no cheezy chrome as well. For under a couple bucks get a silicon skin from Fastech, an utter joy to fondle. There are various style skins, look for those with seams offset to one side with shallowest button profiles.

VU Sponsors