Become a Patron!

Cloupor mini

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coming out dec 27...
Thinking about getting one and joining the modders.
Thoughts from modders out there?

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did the same. Don't know them so hopefully we get them!!!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hopefully it can actually fire 30w across the ohms unlike their t6 and t8 not being able to meet specs. and im confused why they went with a screw for the 510 adjustment rather than a spring, are they not paying attention? i like the size though

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so i guess a regulated mod is from a company and an unregulated mod is one we make ourselves?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
so i guess a regulated mod is from a company and an unregulated mod is one we make ourselves?

Not necessarily.
A regulated mod has a means of controlling the wattage and or voltage.
Unregulated has no means of controlling it. A mech mod is unregulated. A Sigelei 100 Watt box mod is regulated.

You can build mods that have chipsets that control power.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I didnt think 45-50 was asking to much but still not that familiar with mods and prices

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If they want to compete with the Istick they do have to drop the price by about $10 IMHO

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The initial batches of a new product almost always sell at or near the suggested retail price... they don't typically start dropping price until a little later. So if you don't like the price at first... just wait for it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same approximate price point as the IPV Mini. I would expect a month or two after release you could get either one for $5 - $10 cheaper.

Looks like 2015 is gonna start off as the year of the $50 +/- mini mods.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same approximate price point as the IPV Mini. I would expect a month or two after release you could get either one for $5 - $10 cheaper.

Looks like 2015 is gonna start off as the year of the $50 +/- mini mods.

Yup - and I couldn't be more excited!

I think the 30-50watt market needs to be paid more attention to rather than the insane high wattage devices.. I want to see some more innovative looking devices instead of the same boring looking box mods that seem to keep coming out..

janne303

Member For 4 Years
Why not make it 50w? Does it really work good with a Aspire Atlantis?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As with all of this stuff it will drop some. 30 watts, will handle the new Aspire and Kanger sub tanks (25mm may look pretty odd). Adjustable 510. Replaceable battery with a magnet back. Providing the Cloupor chip is accurate and holds up it seems to me a pretty good alternative to the Istick.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

janne303

Member For 4 Years
I see it turned up on FastTech for $36.36. 12 business days though so it's really a pre-order. http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10009433/2032101-authentic-cloupor-mini-30w-variable-wattage
More pre-order $29.99 http://vapingcheap.com/cloupor-mini-30w-box-mod/
Not a pre-order fan myself and given Cloupor's track record I think I'd want to see some reviews. The design looks like some thought was put into it. Quality remains to be seen.

I preordered it! $36.36 aint nothing to cry about hehe. I also used the xmas14 code for 5% off.

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll wait for the beyang 3.0 hoping that will be great. I hardly touch my mechs since I got my iStick.
I've been waiting for it to show up. It looks interesting although the flashlight is a shrug option for me. The specs and size look good. Beyang is new to me so it's really a question of the chip's accuracy and programming and overall quality. Shame it doesn't have an adjustable 510 though. The Istick's popularity has opened China's eyes to the mini market so for a while at least there will be some choices. Just a question, like all the Chinese mods, of quality.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There seems to be a lot of excitement about this cloupor mini and not much talk about the Smok Xpro M50 mini which comes in at 50w and just a hair larger. http://www.smoktech.com/product_10128.html
nice find, i actually like this one better. will probably cost more but ill pay for it since its higher quality. i was also looking forward to the regular size xpro but didnt get it. at least smok can make an accurate chip. and they are using zinc aluminum alloy same material vaporshark uses, and looks like the same size. nice buttons and 510 and classy colors. well done smok

Dudditz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer the m50 over the BT50 as its smaller and I have no interest in the bluetooth and app. I ordered a M50 from China for $59 and expect to have early January.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
same here i like small devices and tanks that still pack a punch. been using my rdna40 and lemo drop non stop for a few weeks now, perfect size for me

Dudditz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do like my vaporshark rdna30 however I am expecting the md50 to be more pocket friendly with a smaller depth and width.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At first I was looking for the M50 but I ordered the BT50 ... the main advantage I saw was the ability to set custom firing ... start at say 15w for a second and drop back to 11w ( or whatever settings you'd want )... that option isn't available on the M50

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When will these companies learn. We want charging ports on the side. Not the bottom. SMH. Nice looking device otherwise.
There must be some reasoning to put the charging port on the bottom though. Maybe the companies think these are cell phones? The istick is great, but the 1ohm and higher is such a limiter. Definitely keeping my eye on this cloupor and the smok one.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not being able to run something sub-ohm IS NOT the limiter that many have come to believe... That thinking was brought on by the mech mod users since they had no other way to increase their power level than to go to sub-ohm coils. Regulated mods do not require sub-ohming to have the same performance that a mech mod with a sub-ohm coil produces. That isn't to say that something such as the iStick isn't limited, it is... but those limits are in the voltage, wattage and amperage areas.

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ordered one tonight from GearBest. They had a (now expired) coupon code for $30 off anything in the store. So for $6.44 + $1.99 tracking I await for my mini to ship. My luckluck, they will cancel the order and I will give FT my money.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ordered one tonight from GearBest. They had a (now expired) coupon code for $30 off anything in the store. So for $6.44 + $1.99 tracking I await for my mini to ship. My luckluck, they will cancel the order and I will give FT my money.

I saw people posting that deal on FB but I didn't believe it. That is a helluva deal. Really had no interest in one but for that price I would have grabbed one. Hope it pans out for you.

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw people posting that deal on FB but I didn't believe it. That is a helluva deal. Really had no interest in one but for that price I would have grabbed one. Hope it pans out for you.
As predicted, they canceled the order claiming there was an error with the coupon code. Oh well. I will just get a refund and wait on something else.

Rawmade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Cloupor Mini ship date has updated to ship in 2 days on FT, down from 12 days. Tempting.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was tempted to get this but don't like that it appears it may have the same annoying overhang that the istick has with atomizers over 17mm.

I'm leaning towards the Sigelei Mini 30w myself. The 3 sides are the same distance so no weird overhang and has a spring loaded 510 connection.
d58070a663ed023ebc4aeb26a10aad40.jpg

5054e28e316a7f235709b1872c0ca1f7.jpg

79f118177e339163812f06c2d264d63d.jpg

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think the price is all that unreasonable but for the price I would probably buy something else. I also know that once the market is flooded they will drop a few bucks which is where I would like it to be and with the deals Joe listed it seems to be priced right but I will hold off on the beta testers reports. Either way though I am interested for its size and hope Cloupor isn't making another questionable mod but they have experience with the dna 30 so probably alright. 2015 is going to be another interesting year for vape gear it seems.

Teo22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am going with FastTech!!!
First time I bought from GearBest and got 4 Cloupor MINI 30's and paid via PayPal. First time I see, since 12/21 4 $31.98 and all 4 are separated from the rest of my activity on PayPal, and they say PENDING. So, I've been trying to find out through GearBest if they will be charging shipping! Since 12/21 they will not answer, and chat clicked off when I kept asking if there is going to be a charge for shipping.
Today, I called PayPal and asked them what is pending, they told me that they have not asked for the money yet. And I don't know if you have ever seen something that PayPal added after you pay, That says "You have the right to ask for a refund, the first 10 days, if they don't pay what you authorized".
So I asked PayPal "they can't take more money than what I authorized, can they?" the lady told me yes, on pending money they can charge up to $13.00 for each transaction, and I have 4, so I could get the 29.99 plus I added tracking for $1.99, it came out for 31.98 each. And the charge can be for shipping or the cost went up, or what ever.
So, you have 10 days to cancel, or after 10 days if they haven't completed the transaction, you lose the right to cancel and have to ask the company, GearBest if you can cancel.
So, I paid $2.50 more for each one from FASTTECH, but they completed the transaction right away and I have free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this helps!!!!!!
Now, to call PayPal and cancel my transactions from GearBest.

UPDATE
Well, I called back and this guy did not know anything, but he did not disagree that they can charge more money. He did not know anything of the 10 days and he said the only thing you can do is you have 180 days to put in a dispute.
Oh well, I don't know, Sorry everyone, but I don't like this PENDING crap from GearBest

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been keeping an eye on this little mod, looks interesting. Given Cloupor's slight set backs with a few models they still generally deliver on a good product, so I'll remain optimistic. The DNA 30 clone was/is quite popular and it hasn't experienced problems with the chip, the latest version has been solid. Since the enormous success of the i Stick many companies are looking to get their niche in the market to see who can come up with the best specs and form factor while keeping the price reasonable. The i Stick could have sold for $50 if not more easily but they priced it low to make it more affordable to the general public, you can get them for as low as $35 but the average price for a "full kit" at many online stores remains around $45-50 and it's selling very well. My local brick and mortar can't keep them on the shelves even at $60 which makes sense since they have to cover their overhead costs to run the business but still to find them at $35-40 is big bang for your buck. So let's say the Cloupor will go for $50 once it is released next month and mainstream U.S. vendors begin to stock them, that in my opinion would be a good price. The MVP 2.0 started out more and now sells for $50 on average so the price point is more than fair. This is what they're offering with the Cloupor 30 watt mini mod. Quite a lot an extra 10 watts, ability to use your own batteries, Voltage output all the way up to 7V, sub ohm .45, passthrough while you charge, adjustable 510 and change your battery without any tools and screws. Two solid colors to choose from and nothing tacky, looks professional. I could see taking this to the office and for business functions. When one of my regular vendors gets this in I'm going to have to strongly consider it.

• Output power: 7W-30W
  • Houses single 18650 battery
  • Output voltage: 3.6V-7.0V
  • VV/VW Mode can be switched manually
  • Vaping time counting
  • Micro-USB charging port - passthrough
  • Resistance 0.45-3.0 ohms
  • Adjustable 510 center pin
  • Ohms reading calculats to 0.01ohm
  • Reverse battery protection
  • Left & Right Mode
  • Magnet back cover, no need to use screwdriver, more convenient
  • Instead of screen lock, It can be turned off
  • Over charge protection
weight 180 grams, slightly over 6 ounces which is light
height 77mm which is only 3 inches
Width 36 mm about 1.5 inches
Colors Black or Silver

*MAGNETIC DOOR* This means flip it open, insert your battery, flip back and you're done. I hope this becomes a standard in the industry.

cloupor-mini-box-mod-30-watts-precommande.jpg

VU Sponsors