Become a Patron!

Coil+Battery question

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off i'm running a Cartel Stillare RDA and a Cartel 26650 LE mech mod. The battery is 3500mAh, 20cD 60maxD 4.2v. The dual coils are 7/6 wrap 28g kanthol, 'sleeper' coils running at 0.26ohms. So, there's that.

My question has to do with battery safety. A few people say this is unsafe, others say its completely safe. What say you VU community? Is this an unsafe build, or as long as i'm within the continuos discharge rating, is it safe? There seems to be a lot of different information out there, and im no electrical engineer but i do have experience.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would think that as long as you are within the CD rating you should be OK.

Me I would build in a safety factor of 10% to cover my ass.

Others are sure to join in before long.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If 60 amps is the CDR, and 16 amps is the drain... you've a substantial margin.

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The constant discharge rate is 20. About a 20% margin. :)

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't, and i doubt i will be able to. Im not completely sure on the brand.

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so it's an MNKE, and I'm finding 20A continuous discharge and 60A pulse discharge to be the most common. 15A-60A on their 3300mAh, and 30A-60A on their 4000mAh. Kinda sad how jumbled this information is. You would think the manufacturer would at least have that info, but they only listed the 3300mAh battery.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so it's an MNKE, and I'm finding 20A continuous discharge and 60A pulse discharge to be the most common. 15A-60A on their 3300mAh, and 30A-60A on their 4000mAh. Kinda sad how jumbled this information is. You would think the manufacturer would at least have that info, but they only listed the 3300mAh battery.
I went from the MNKE to the purple 26650 Efest batt rated 32Acont/64Apulse ..my .15 ohm builds pulls 28A at 4.2 v and these 3500 mAh Efest batts must be close to specs as they last almost all day on one charge and blows clouds that have to be see to believed...batteries just keep getting better all the time it seems..lol

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Krom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im gonna have to get some of those, or anything else out there rated at 30A+. Im gonna build a semi-mech box mod with the batteries in parallel. 60Amps here i come! Gonna be so hot i'll have to find a way to flow the air to cool it.

VU Sponsors