Become a Patron!

Coil Build Help First time

I have (little boy rda Clone) however it came with 4 posts instead of 3 i saw in actual pics 0_o. Anyways, it looks like this as far as the posts go. (picture below)
My Question is. Unlike in pic below, i if you count the screws as ( a b c d ) i have the first coil on (a and c) and the second ( b and d ). now my question is, is this right? or can i do (a and b) and (c and d) like the picture below???

Also, is there any specific way to tame down the heat? I get a pretty good couple seconds? of vape and then it gets hot. would this be due to just how i made the coils or the juice running out? I dont have much cotton as id like to have but it works and i really dont wanna spend another hour lol rebuilding (alot of fails so far first time).
Four_negative_posts_stainless_steel_igo_w9.jpg

I have (little boy rda Clone) however it came with 4 posts instead of 3 i saw in actual pics 0_o. Anyways, it looks like this as far as the posts go.
My Question is. Unlike in pic below, i if you count the screws as ( a b c d ) i have the first coil on (a and c) and the second ( b and d ). now my question is, is this right? or can i do (a and b) and (c and d) like the picture below???

Also, is there any specific way to tame down the heat? I get a pretty good couple seconds? of vape and then it gets hot. would this be due to just how i made the coils or the juice running out? I dont have much cotton as id like to have but it works and i really dont wanna spend another hour lol rebuilding (alot of fails so far first time)

For the coils i did 6 lines / twists what ever each. If that is anymore needed info. .
Four_negative_posts_stainless_steel_igo_w9.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's better to do a to c, and b to d. Makes it easier to center the coils.
Take a look at http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?. Read the info about heat flux and heat capacity after clicking the "How it works" in the bottom left corner.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Short answer yes you can. Long answer I wouldn't. With the coils done (a and c) and the second ( b and d ) you get the coil closer to the center of the deck. This allows you to space your wicking more evenly on each side of the coil.

As far as the heat it depends on what device you are using it on. If on a mech then a higher OHM build will produce less heat. This is why a prefer regulated mods, I can adjust the power to where a build/juice is how I like it.

Threads merged
Thanks i dont know why it made 2.

Short answer yes you can. Long answer I wouldn't. With the coils done (a and c) and the second ( b and d ) you get the coil closer to the center of the deck. This allows you to space your wicking more evenly on each side of the coil.

As far as the heat it depends on what device you are using it on. If on a mech then a higher OHM build will produce less heat. This is why a prefer regulated mods, I can adjust the power to where a build/juice is how I like it.
Huh i dont really understand how id have that advantage of getting the coil closer to the center. It sure is alot easier to do ab cd though. On next rebuild ima just do that. When i get more experience ill try my hand with separating them. It was hell doing it the first time.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil1 is a build with a 3 post rda that is not centered on the deck. Coil 2 is a centered build so the coils are centered on the deck. I prefer the centered builds now but the other is easier. It gets easier the more you build. As long as you can get a vape that you are happy with, IMHO it doesnt matter what the coils look like.

Edit: pics were randomly grabbed from google.

Attachments

• coil1.jpg
    coil1.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 13
  • coil2.jpg
    coil2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 10
Coil1 is a build with a 3 post rda that is not centered on the deck. Coil 2 is a centered build so the coils are centered on the deck. I prefer the centered builds now but the other is easier. It gets easier the more you build. As long as you can get a vape that you are happy with, IMHO it doesnt matter what the coils look like.

Edit: pics were randomly grabbed from google.
nvm I see what it is. So the coil2.jpg is what is recommended for the (center coil alignment.

VU Sponsors