Become a Patron!

Coil Help??!!!

so, I have a baby beast tank and I always use T8 coils along with my Smok Alien 220 mod. It seems like my coils only last me a week and then they taste burnt. I vape on 60-70 watts and I also chain vape, I am a delivery driver so I can vape all day. I use the Rox - Cotton Candy juice. What am I doing wrong????

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Coil Killing Parameters

1) High VG liquids - being thick and syrupy, these juices wick slowly, also sometimes VG is used as a sweetener (especially Palm and Corn Stalk extracted VG), this makes it start to crystalize in the wicking and on the wire of the coil creating eventually carbon
2) Liquids with extra sweeteners, I see you are also using a candy type flavor, like VG these sweeteners crystalize and create carbon over time
3) Darker Liquids or Liquids with any colorings at all, the further you move from clear or pale very slight yellowish in color liquids, these colorings do not vaporize off very quickly, these will collect and create carbon. Tobacco and coffee flavors are notorious coil gunkers due to this very issue
4) Flavorings, any creams, bakery flavors, desert flavors, custards, yogurts, vanillas, caramels, like #2, being these liquid flavorings are naturally sweet, again the sweeteners crystalize and become carbon.
5) Heat and Airflow - get a coil to hot will scorch the wicking, coils are cooled through evaporation of you juice and liquids, combined with intake of colder air

Most times you hear about people getting weeks, even months out of a coil, you are not taking into account they may be using DIY liquids with very minimal flavorings, completely clear unflavored liquids, that, or, like myself I do a lot of my own coil builds, I'll run a coil until it just literally pops and fails, I do this by just changing the wicking material after a removing the old wicking and dry firing the coil clean. Getting a full week out of an 8 wire coil head at such watts and with a naturally sweet liquid, you are not doing anything wrong, it is just that sweet cotton candy flavor and your chain vaping, nothing you can do other than decrease how much you vape, or move to a less sweet flavor.

VU Sponsors