Become a Patron!

Coil wars

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys ohm boy Josh on YouTube is hosting a coil war on ig to all builders its like a build off with prizes to the winners starts tomorrow. Sorry im new to vu and don't know how to post links but check out his YouTube channel for info

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I see no way possible that you don't win. Your builds are amazing
The thing is though I do best when Im "In the mood" or when an Idea hits me...under pressure to think and then build something perfect in time constraint and precision isnt my forte. I did have something this morning that I thought would have been great...took almost 3 hours to get together and finished, when I went to coil it it all collapsed, I found it wouldnt work since there is too much space for the Ribbon to move around and it sucked...Starting over from scratch I think Im going to rehash something Ive done before but Dual Coil and hopefully it qualifies me for the next round..then Ill try something crazy again.

This was going to be the build entered before it failed when coiled up...
.4 Ribbon Claptoned with 46KD:

20160809_103616.jpg 20160809_103717.jpg 20160809_110611.jpg

20160809_114037.jpg 20160809_120237.jpg 20160809_120247.jpg

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The thing is though I do best when Im "In the mood" or when an Idea hits me...under pressure to think and then build something perfect in time constraint and precision isnt my forte. I did have something this morning that I thought would have been great...took almost 3 hours to get together and finished, when I went to coil it it all collapsed, I found it wouldnt work since there is too much space for the Ribbon to move around and it sucked...Starting over from scratch I think Im going to rehash something Ive done before but Dual Coil and hopefully it qualifies me for the next round..then Ill try something crazy again.
Good luck with it! you definitely earn it with all the time and effort you put in. If you don't win, at least you impressed everyone here :)

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good Luck raymo, your stuffs as good as anyones and I'd say you have a good shot at winning.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone interested This is my Actual Entry:
I did a Macro Color shot first, hopefully Im allowed to post more then this for entry
13767474_1041965472537061_1408039593_n.jpg

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice work raymo2u im very happy your in the war . I made this thread after looking at hours of your coils on your thread but didn't see anything on here about coil wars on vu.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice work raymo2u im very happy your in the war . I made this thread after looking at hours of your coils on your thread but didn't see anything on here about coil wars on vu.
There arent many "show builders" here on the forum, there's a good handful but most of them are in it for the vape itself...I would love it if more people decided to join in though.

Win or loose Ill be happy if I get mentioned in OBJ's videos :D

Thanks for the appreciation!

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There arent many "show builders" here on the forum, there's a good handful but most of them are in it for the vape itself...I would love it if more people decided to join in though.

Win or loose Ill be happy if I get mentioned in OBJ's videos :D

Thanks for the appreciation!
Yeah Ray that would be cool if Josh put you in a video. Best of luck but more importantly have fun your a true artist hope to have a pair of your alien masterpieces my self soon.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey raymo2u how are you doing in the war ?
IDK, I havent checked since this morning but not as well as I though...right now the public is judging by "liking" the pics they think should be qualified in the actual competition. Right now Im in 3rd with 59 Likes...alot of people think that the post I made on MY IG account is what counts but it is the "repost" on the Coilwars page that counts.
My Entry is HERE:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI5bxcfg5FY/?taken-by=coilwars

I though you had to make a build and pic FRESH and FOR the comp...I see users on there with their "best pic" from month or 2 ago being used as their entry pic...o well...I know Ill qualify and then builders will judge my work...real builders know whats eye candy and what is difficult to make....
As the challenges start builders that are skilled in one certain type of coil will be weeded out, this is where I feel I excel...

I dont want to sound "braggy" or superior then other builders but Im pretty confident in what I do...I did make that build, take pics, edit it and also pumped out a massive order of alien coils for AVS and other members at the same time...Now that Im finished Ill have all the time I need to build and edit...

Last edited:

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the update ray. Its interesting that other builders just posted pics of coils they made months ago . You on the other hand built and took pics same day . It seems to me the other guys played there best cards first hang in there bud im sure you have a few ace's up your sleeve

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IDK, I havent checked since this morning but not as well as I though...right now the public is judging by "liking" the pics they think should be qualified in the actual competition. Right now Im in 3rd with 59 Likes...alot of people think that the post I made on MY IG account is what counts but it is the "repost" on the Coilwars page that counts.
My Entry is HERE:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI5bxcfg5FY/?taken-by=coilwars

I though you had to make a build and pic FRESH and FOR the comp...I see users on there with their "best pic" from month or 2 ago being used as their entry pic...o well...I know Ill qualify and then builders will judge my work...real builders know whats eye candy and what is difficult to make....
As the challenges start builders that are skilled in one certain type of coil will be weeded out, this is where I feel I excel...

I dont want to sound "braggy" or superior then other builders but Im pretty confident in what I do...I did make that build, take pics, edit it and also pumped out a massive order of alien coils for AVS and other members at the same time...Now that Im finished Ill have all the time I need to build and edit...
U've got my vote buddy @raymo2u :)

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Somebody remember to post after the semis start so we can vote. Just voted with my wallet and bought one of Ray's coils from AVS.

Edit, just realized semis are judged, oops. We can still like the entry though.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Somebody remember to post after the semis start so we can vote. Just voted with my wallet and bought one of Ray's coils from AVS.

Edit, just realized semis are judged, oops. We can still like the entry though.
Yea Aliens was the first real round, the entries are being judged now and a heads up that round 2 will be Staples/Staggertons.

This was my entry for Aliens Challenge (A Double Interlock Enigma):

20160820_161729.jpg 20160820_160604.jpg 20160820_161242.jpg

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice going Raymo2u im knew you would do well . I do have a question for you do you think being in coilwars has made you a better builder? What are your thoughts about the war so far .

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great job Raymo2u I think you had alot of great builds in the war. Your a hell of a builder and to make it this far is a hell of a big deal . Good luck to the rest of the builders.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great job Raymo2u I think you had alot of great builds in the war. Your a hell of a builder and to make it this far is a hell of a big deal . Good luck to the rest of the builders.
Yea I am proud to even get in the competition but I did try and voice the fact that if ghostvaper was a judge then I probably would be the one to go home, he and I do not get along but Im not sure if that played a role in the judging....If there is another coil wars or competition Ill be in for sure though...Im hoping my team mate Teddy_Dampft wins the comp but the competition is strong!

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn that sucks man he did seem full of himself on the last video loll. But this means you'll have more time for your customers hint hint ill be getting up with you soon.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn that sucks man he did seem full of himself on the last video loll. But this means you'll have more time for your customers hint hint ill be getting up with you soon.
Keeping up with demand wasnt ever a issue ;) Most of my competitors would take all week for their building..I would finish directly after being told what the challenge was and then pump out 4-6 builds per day afterwards for fun...not to mention wholesale aliens for AVS and customer orders :cool:
Massey_Vapes and others refered to me as Robot Raymo because "there is no humanly way to get as much as I was getting done while having a Job, kids and all my other activities

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't take a offense please but with all you have going on day to day hows the nickname ROBOT RAYMO2u you da man the coil king in my book.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Keeping up with demand wasnt ever a issue ;) Most of my competitors would take all week for their building..I would finish directly after being told what the challenge was and then pump out 4-6 builds per day afterwards for fun...not to mention wholesale aliens for AVS and customer orders :cool:
Massey_Vapes and others refered to me as Robot Raymo because "there is no humanly way to get as much as I was getting done while having a Job, kids and all my other activities
You are the man. Hey did u see rip trippers is having a coil war contest on Instagram? You should do it. First place is like 1000 bucks or something

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep making these 10 and 12 inch strips..... They come out good when I do them manually..... They take time though.....
View attachment 64755

Sent from iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
Nice man! The furthest I have made myself is fused Claptons, I haven't actually attempted aliens as I am sure I will mess them up.

How did you find making them? Is it as hard as it appears to be?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice man! The furthest I have made myself is fused Claptons, I haven't actually attempted aliens as I am sure I will mess them up.

How did you find making them? Is it as hard as it appears to be?
Not hard... I find wrapping by hand is easier....... Try a (3) core.... I tried a (4) core and it was more challenging...
ef652a1148ba3dca603331297649eca8.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not hard... I find wrapping by hand is easier....... Try a (3) core.... I tried a (4) core and it was more challenging...
ef652a1148ba3dca603331297649eca8.jpg

Ok, sounds like a plan! how do you go about wrapping by hand though? I haven't watched any build videos in quite a long time (I went through a stage of trying all different builds, then kind of settled down when I found what I liked) and in every video I seem to remember a drill being used?
Is it just for the actual wrapping you do by hand? Sorry for so many questions, it is just new to me by hand.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch this video..... Will get you the basics... Then patience by hand...
I do the final step by hand sitting on the sofa.. it takes time, but at night I have plenty of time....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch this video..... Will get you the basics... Then patience by hand...
I do the final step by hand sitting on the sofa.. it takes time, but at night I have plenty of time....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Thanks man- I recognise that video, I am pretty sure it may be one I watched and thought "Nope" lol- it is the actual wrapping part that worries me where you go in the opposite direction, I worry it won't sit right, but I will have to give it a try.

I will try it by hand as you do see how I get on, I haven't got much to lose for trying I guess :).

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U shouldnt worry about it man, just clapton it in the the direction ur least comfortabel with.
and clapton ur decorded stretched alien wire in the direction ur most comfortabel with

VU Sponsors