Become a Patron!

Coils not heating evenly

I recently started building coils a few months ago. I started with regular builds and now working my way up to Advanced builds.
The build I'm having issues with is my fused clapton builds ranging from 26g /36 g nichrome 80 or kanthal cores and wraps. I am currently using a dna 250 tuglyfe box, with a Kennedy 25 mm 2 post rda with 6 wraps around 3mm.
The coils do not fire evenly. One coil ramp up is quick and glows hot orange. While the other ramp time is slow and barely glows.
I tried squeezing with a ceramic tweezer while feathering the fire button between 35-45 watts, raked the coil and rubbed the interior of the coils with a screw driver.
I tried these coils on three separate rdas (apocalypse v2, mterk vapeamp rda) same problems. I also took off the working coil and tested the slow firing coil. Boom hot orange and quick ramp up time.
Can somebody help? Thanks for your time.

I haven't thought of that. So what you are saying is test each coil individually to get there resistance. If they are different the coils will not work well together?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You 2 coils have a different resistance?
That would be my guess as well. Measure the resistance of each coil separately.

Also recount your wraps, this happened to me and after counting the wraps again noticed one had an extra. Had the same problem, one coil glowed while the other barely heated up.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't thought of that. So what you are saying is test each coil individually to get there resistance. If they are different the coils will not work well together?
Correct, the one with the lowest resistance will always fire up faster and run hotter.

VU Sponsors