Become a Patron!

Comparison of popular clones currently on the market

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've been managing a vape shop for the past 3 years. Over that time I've built and tested basically every rda we have carried. Keep in mind these are all JUST MY OPINION, however I wanted to compile a list to help those that are new to rebuildables in possibly making a decision on which one to choose. I used the following atomizers as they are not only popular, but easily obtainable as well. They are also devices that I use on a day to day basis, so I've spent a lot of time building and vaping each one for a decently long period of time. They are listed in no particular order.

(please note, I build all of the atomizers I'm tested with simple 24g dual micro coils at .4 ohms and at 25, 35, 42, 50, and 55watts. I position the coils in each device so they line up with the air flow control as seamlessly as possible)

Doge:
  • Great vapor production 10/10

• Poor flavor production 4/10

• Huge airflow (dual 11mm slots)

• Adjustable copper pin

• Large finned topcap to disperse heat and keep drip tip cool

• Positive post hole is 2mm, negative post holes are 1.5mm (can accept larger wire and mutli-coil builds)

• Large build deck/juice well holds a lot of cotton and juice
Atomic:

• Great flavor production 9/10

• Average vapor production 6/10 (airflow might be too tight for some people)
  • Top cap screws in instead of being press fit with o-rings

• Airflow is adjustable via spinning middle barrel

• 3 air flow size options (3mm,2mm,1.5mm)

• Small build deck/juice well wont hold a lot of juice or cotton
Mutation X V2:

• Stainless steel construction

• Good flavor production 7/10

• Great vapor production 9/10

• Series of 9 staggered air holes give great airflow options by spinning top cap

• Conical top cap increases flavor, reduces JIM (juice in mouth), and directs juice back into the juice well/build deck should it splatter upwards

• Negative posts milled into build deck

• Dual positive post holes make building a breeze
  • Deep build deck/juice well holds fair amount of cotton and juice
Plume Veil:

• Great flavor production 9/10

• Good vapor production 7/10

• 3 separate sources of air flow (2 holes in top cap, 1 hole behind each negative post, 2 slots on middle barrel)

• Delrin conical insulator for drip tip adjusts up and down to increase/decrease the size of the chamber to give more heat, flavor, and vapor

• 24k gold plated pin and build deck

• Average build deck/juice well holds small amount of cotton and juice

TOBH Atty:

• Great vapor 8/10

• Good flavor production 7/10

• Adjustable airflow via 3 holes per side on middle barrel

• Conical cap for increased flavor, eliminating JIM, and directing splattered juice back to build deck/juice well

• Copper 510 connector pin

• Constructed of stainless steel

• Large build deck/juice well holds fair amount of juice and cotton

• 1.8mm post holes

• Positive post hole positioned higher than negatives for ease of installing coils
Darkhorse:

• Poor flavor production 5/10
  • 16 different air hole options and the biggest drip tip I've ever seen make this the airiest rda I've tried to this day
  • Middle barrel can be flipped upside down to cut airflow in half

• Gold plated positive post and 510 connector pin

• Huge 2.7mm post holes can accept larger wire and multi-coil builds (and any ridiculous twisted wire you can possibly come up with)

• Black nylon insulated drip tip adapter as well as large bore drip tip

• Shallow build deck/juice well wont hold large amount of juice or cotton
Marquis:

• Average vapor production 6/10 (air flow might be too tight for some people)
  • Great flavor production 9/10 (by far my favorite flavor chaser, yes, even over the plume veil)
  • Comes with tools that make wrapping/installing coils the easiest thing ever for both vertical and chimney coils
  • Airflow hits coils from the back of the build deck which not only means great flavor, but making it impossible to leak unless the atomizer is tilted with its air holes facing downwards
  • Comes with 3 different drip tip adapters
  • Peak insulator keeps drip tips cool while also allowing you a large area to drip into when removed
  • Deep juice well accepts a large amount of cotton and e liquid
Little boy:

• Average flavor production 6/10
  • Negative posts drilled into build deck and are positioned higher than the positive post, making it easier to insert leads
  • Copper 510 pin
  • Very large drip tip allows for great airflow accompanied by the massive air flow control on the top cap
  • One negative to the air flow control is the fact that this rda leaks heavily because of it
  • Average size juice well

If I have missed anything or gotten something wrong, please correct me. Also, if you have any suggestions for newer/readily available rda's you'd like for me to run over, please let me know. If you would like for me to go more in depth with one, I would be more than happy to do so. I know you could watch a youtube video and hear everything about these, but sometimes it's cool to just have the cliff notes.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this. I've been waiting on my Marquis and TOBH to arrive. Thought I would pass on the Mutation X but now will reconsider.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Those RDAs listed above, are they clones or the originals?

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those RDAs listed above, are they clones or the originals?
Marquis is the only original. All the others are clones. That being said, the only difference I can find with the marquis clone from tobeco and the original are the coil tools don't fit in the air holes so you can build chimney coils with their assistance. I've built a few of the tobeco clones and was honestly surprised at how well they were done.

I figured reviewing clones would be best instead of authentic for the new builders section.

VU Sponsors