Become a Patron!

Completely new to Vaping, some help needed

Hello everybody! First I'd like to say(again lol) that I'm completely new to Vaping. I saw a video of some guy Vaping on Facebook and figured I'd try it out too. Now, I'm planing to start by buying the "Joyetech eGo-T" with the 1100mAh battery. What is your opinion? Is it a good starting kit? I can't really find anything else in my local Vaping stores that matches my really tight budget. Can you give me any newbie/starter tips? I figured out what the ingredients of the E-liquids mean and what does what, but I'm kinda unlcear about how should I take care for the E-cigarette?
Thank you in advance.. :)

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't get juice on your connector, if you do clean it out. Dont tighten down your charger or evod/clearo too tight. Other than that, its a solid device to begin with.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of budget do you have?

And what kind of price did you local Vape Shop have on the hardware you are looking at?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome. I can't offer much help since I was stupid when starting, but wanted to say hi.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a decent price - I recommend Evod-style clearos for starters due to ease of use, and at least two of everything in case something breaks down or you're stuck with a dead battery. Also, you'll need a pack of replacement atomizer heads (the things that actually vaporize the liquid), as they can die in a period of time ranging from 3-4 days to 1-2 weeks depending on your usage and liquid selection. So if a kit is $15, figure an initial investment of $30 for 2 kits, another $10-12 for a 5-pack of replacement heads, and whatever your local cost is on a bottle or two of liquid...good luck, and enjoy the cloud!

Thank you for the info! I see now that the store also offers "Vision V3" cartomizers with replacable atomizer heads, so maybie I'll buy that together with the eGo.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not familiar with the Vision V3, but you definitely want something with a replaceable atomizer - the clearomizers that you have to throw away once they're gunked up generally tend to be junk to begin with...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would add a bit and get a starter VV like the vision spinner, instead of the ego-t and a aerotank mini.

OBDave - the vision V3 does come with replacable atomizer. It has a 2.4ohm coil in it, and you can choose between that and a 1.8ohm one. I dont know which one would be better.. i read that the lower resistance coil produces better clouds but takes a toll on the battery.. I will try both and see which one works best.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a link to the Clearo it comes with? That really means a lot in how you'll like it. When I got started vaping the second time 3 years ago I had an ego T setup and the included clearo was horrible and almost put me off vaping until I found a good one.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I just looked and see that those are the old "stardust" style clearomizers - feel free to give them a try, but most people nowadays (including me when I quit about a year and a half ago) quickly switch to bottom-coil style clearos like Kanger Evods or Protanks, or Smok Aro.

I'll also second nightshard in recommending you check out a variable voltage battery rather than a fixed-output type...the cost is a few dollars more, but this will allow you to change how your device vapes without switching between different ohm coils, and is actually really helpful in learning how you like to vape and what your juices like - based on different vg/pg blends and flavor profiles, some juices like more power (like the 1.8 ohm coil would deliver on a fixed battery) or less (which you'd get from the 2.4 ohm). Pre-manufactured coils are also notoriously horrible in sticking to their stated resistance - variable voltage might allow you to adjust output rather than junking a coil that comes out of the box higher or lower than you'd expected.

VU Sponsors