4. Coffee and Cream
  5. Fruity cereal w/ Vanilla cream
  1. Doodles amazing custard
  2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream
Thank you for the contest!

copied and pasted? just do it yourself, dude. You aren't as slick as you think you are.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those are the juices I like. Don't know about the other post.
It was word for word, letter for letter, number for number, and the capitals and lowercase letters were the same! If you copied and pasted its not like its a big deal, but don't straight up lie about it ha ha. I don't care.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just leave it alone with your comments. And it will be all good then. Just saying....

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just leave it alone with your comments. And it will be all good then. Just saying....
Just leave it alone with your copying and pasting, and then I will leave it alone with my comments. Like I said, I really don't give a shit. But if I go out of my way to enter a contest, researching and typing flavors that sound good, and someone else half-asses it by copying and pasting someone else's choices, I feel like that is a douche move. And literally, there is NOTHING you could say to convince me you typed that out. It's VERY obvious. Not only is every letter and number in the exact same spot, and all the letters are the same capital and lowercase........ But they are in the SAME ORDER. What are the chances of that?

Lets see, 26 possible letters, upper and lower case.... 5 possible numbers. However many punctuation marks... Not to mention the five exact same flavors. Did you know that even if you picked the same flavors and typed them EXACTLY the same, there are still 600 possible orders you could have put them in? 12345, 12354, 12435, 12453, etc etc. Don't bullshit me. I spend time helping these vendors promote their giveaways, and they are LITERALLY giving money to us consumers. You are stealing, by not checking out their site like they asked. I am a web developer and I own websites too. It's ridiculous and stupid, and you know it.

I'm telling you this for your own good, being lazy is an epidemic and a problem. You want to know how I know that? Because I was the same way for years.

Don't be lazy. If you are going to take FREE PRODUCTS from a company, the LEAST you could do is visit their website like they asked.

Last edited:

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just leave it alone with your copying and pasting, and then I will leave it alone with my comments. Like I said, I really don't give a shit. But if I go out of my way to enter a contest, researching and typing flavors that sound good, and someone else half-asses it by copying and pasting someone else's choices, I feel like that is a douche move. And literally, there is NOTHING you could say to convince me you typed that out. It's VERY obvious.

I'm telling you this for your own good, being lazy is an epidemic and a problem. You want to know how I know that? Because I was the same way for years.

Don't be lazy. If you are going to take FREE PRODUCTS from a company, the LEAST you could do is visit their website like they asked.
For starters I did go to the site. As far as lazy goes I'm not a kid, I have kids that are older than you. I'm to old for any kid of high school name calling..Grow up!

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For starters I did go to the site. As far as lazy goes I'm not a kid, I have kids that are older than you. I'm to old for any kid of high school name calling..Grow up!
What name did I call you?

You are just mad cause I called you on your bullshit.

There is NO WAY IN HELL you typed the same exact flavors, in the same exact order, with the same capitalization and the same wording. There is statistically a WAYYYY better chance of me winning the lottery...... without buying a ticket.

I get it, you are stubborn and lazy. You shouldn't be ripping vendors off though, its a dick move on your part.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What name did I call you?

You are just mad cause I called you on your bullshit.

There is NO WAY IN HELL you typed the same exact flavors, in the same exact order, with the same capitalization and the same wording. There is statistically a WAYYYY better chance of me winning the lottery...... without buying a ticket.

I get it, you are stubborn and lazy. You shouldn't be ripping vendors off though, its a dick move on your part.
Stubborn and lazy? I work two jobs and work on a horse farm. That's lazy? To days kids are lazy. I should know I have 3 kids. So just go back to playing your Xbox.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Stubborn and lazy? I work two jobs and work on a horse farm. That's lazy? To days kids are lazy. I should know I have 3 kids. So just go back to playing your Xbox.
I don't have an X-box, I don't watch TV, and I am not a kid.

If you are as old as you claim to be, you KNOW BETTER than to steal from generous people; and if not, clearly you ARE the douche you appear to be.

Don't reach for straws to insult me, because that's not what this is about. This is about your obvious attempt to plagiarize an entry for a contest.

You work two jobs and work on a horse farm? Then buy your own vape shit and leave the contest to the people that ACTUALLY participate. Cool?

I don't understand why we are arguing. I KNOW what you did. YOU KNOW what you did. Let's stop bullshitting. Just admit it already and type up your own answer to the question, like the kind, generous vendor asked you to.

I am a very nice guy in general, but I have been taken advantage of a lot in my life. I have had friends and even girlfriends steal from me and fuck me over. Not everyone generous enough to give stuff away on the internet is bold enough to call people on their shit, but I am. Seriously, just fucking look at the website, type up your own answer, and stop insulting me as a way to deny the lazy action that you obviously made.

I am not trying to resort to personal attacks, but like I said, I have been taken advantage of in the past, and it seems to me like that's what you are trying to do to this contest (and the vendor who posted it).

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have an X-box, I don't watch TV, and I am not a kid.

If you are as old as you claim to be, you KNOW BETTER than to steal from generous people; and if not, clearly you ARE the douche you appear to be.

Don't reach for straws to insult me, because that's not what this is about. This is about your obvious attempt to plagiarize an entry for a contest.

You work two jobs and work on a horse farm? Then buy your own vape shit and leave the contest to the people that ACTUALLY participate. Cool?

I don't understand why we are arguing. I KNOW what you did. YOU KNOW what you did. Let's stop bullshitting. Just admit it already and type up your own answer to the question, like the kind, generous vendor asked you to.

I am a very nice guy in general, but I have been taken advantage of a lot in my life. I have had friends and even girlfriends steal from me and fuck me over. Not everyone generous enough to give stuff away on the internet is bold enough to call people on their shit, but I am. Seriously, just fucking look at the website, type up your own answer, and stop insulting me as a way to deny the lazy action that you obviously made.

I am not trying to resort to personal attacks, but like I said, I have been taken advantage of in the past, and it seems to me like that's what you are trying to do to this contest (and the vendor who posted it).
Poor sheltered child. That has been taken advantage of..( your own fault)

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it would be nice if this thread can stay on topic to the contest. @SMOKIE @Whiskey
It would be nice if everyone really participated. Why should I have to follow the rules if other people aren't?

If I just copy and paste the person above me, in every giveaway thread, am I still eligible to win? I would much rather do that, because I want to win, but I have other things to do, too.

Not trying to be difficult or asshole-ish, its a serious question.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First off, I want to thank all of the vendors that are generous enough to offer free products to people on the forum, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and anywhere else. You guys bring this community together and you provide fun to ALL of us with your giveaways and reviews of products.

But I don't want to focus on the incredibly kind vendors that sacrifice their own hard earned money for us. Instead, I want to focus on the participants of these contests.

Let's start off with talking about WHY vendors post giveaways, shall we?

Why does a vendor post a giveaway asking you to pick your favorite (five) flavor(s), or another giveaway where you have to visit their website? It is so the traffic and exposure of their website will go up. Why do they want more traffic? For a lot of reasons: their site becomes more visible on search engines, they grow because of new potential customers seeing what they have to offer, and because they enjoy providing a service to a community like ours! Our's is a community that actually appreciates their vendors, peers, and their choice of lifestyle (vaping vs smoking).

Anyways, let's get on to the point.

Someone mentioned I should post this here (they probably said it as a joke, but fuck that!).

I noticed in a certain contest that a certain "entrant" had copied and pasted someone else's favorite flavors. It might sound ridiculous, but the way it was done was incredibly obviously copied and pasted, and I have some logic for why I believe that:
literally, there is NOTHING you could say to convince me you typed that out. It's VERY obvious. Not only is every letter and number in the exact same spot, and all the letters are the same capital and lowercase........ But they are in the SAME ORDER. What are the chances of that?

Lets see, 26 possible letters, upper and lower case.... 5 possible numbers. However many punctuation marks... Not to mention the five exact same flavors. Did you know that even if you picked the same flavors and typed them EXACTLY the same, there are still 600 possible orders you could have put them in? 12345, 12354, 12435, 12453, etc etc. Don't bullshit me. I spend time helping these vendors promote their giveaways, and they are LITERALLY giving money to us consumers.

Here is the original post:
  2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream
Thank you for the contest!

Here is the obviously copied post:
  2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream
I wouldn't have a problem with this if I wasn't a webmaster and a generous person. If someone is giving you the chance to win something for free, just visit their damn website! Is it really THAT difficult that you have to take advantage of the vendor's kindness?

What do you guys think?

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If everyone did what that guy did, the vendor would make nothing from the giveaway, and would in fact lose money.

Know how I know this? Because it has happened on websites I have owned.

It literally took me two minutes to decide and type the flavors I thought sounded good. If everyone else in the giveaway did it, why shouldn't he have to? I don't care if it is one milliliter of juice, it costs money to give shit away. And people taking advantage is what is wrong with the world.

You know what? If he gave away stuff too, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But this world is about giving and taking value, and he is taking more than he has offered.

The point of the giveaway was to narrow down their flavor choices, and obviously they want a real answer on what flavors to keep. Posting a bullshit answer means that the result is skewed, potentially making them keep flavors that less people want, meaning their profit margin could drop. Literally, he is fucking with the well-being of the business.

I am guessing you don't run your own business?

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just an analogy here: you set up some magical thing where ten of your friends offer to pay 10% of your rent each, anonymously but with some kind of receipt saying they paid it.

One friend gives you a receipt that is identical to another one you got, and 100% of your rent isn't paid. Is it not a big deal that someone claims credit for that 10%?

I know it is an extreme example, but assuming the vendor is like 90% of vendors, they have incredible competition and it isn't the easiest thing in the world to keep it above ground. Giving things away is a sacrifice, hoping that your potential customers won't try to cheat you out of what you are hoping for. And in this case, they are.

What is this vendor hoping for? A couple of minutes of your attention.

Are you really going to defend the cheater over the generous vendor? I don't care how miniscule of a rip-off it is.

If someone offered you a chance to win $10 for just looking at their products, are you really going to just shut your eyes and take the money?

Again, I don't care how miniscule it is, it is the principle. If a 'friend' of mine steals something of mine knowingly, they are no longer welcome in my life. This is the same shit. I don't care if it is a dollar.

If a dollar is sitting on my bed and someone comes into my room and takes it, I am going to be mad. Like the dude said in the movie American Graffiti: "It's not the size of the scratch, it's the principle"

What makes this guy so special that he can just ignore what the contest post said?

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really doubt the company cares if some dude pasted his list or carefully crafted it line by line.

It's not about "carefully crafting" anything. It is about seeing what they have to offer and what flavors/products are not as important to us consumers.

I don't even care if he copied and pasted the titles from the actual website! At least that would have meant he visited like he was asked! Instead, he copied and pasted someone else's entry. Which saved him maybe 90 seconds? Why not just do it for real, like everyone else?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you made a thread about it ej. Because now I have a place to put all the posts that don't belong in the contest thread, while I mull over why members have to continue to argue in a contest thread hence ruining the thread for others to get a chance at entering.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
  2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream

Oh wait, this isn't the contest thread.
and I am a dick! :p

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well darn, I actually changed that list a few times while browsing - you mean I could have copied it!
Have a great day everyone!! (..and don't forget to have fun!)

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For some one who is in to self improvement, I guess you need to belittle some one to make you feel better about your self. That is very shallow.
When did I belittle you? I called you lazy because you copied and pasted. Because you couldn't just take a minute, support a vendor, and type up your own list. And you continue to argue that you didn't do it.

And clearly you know nothing about me. I guess you were too lazy to click through and read what I have to say on my website also, huh?

Glad you made a thread about it ej. Because now I have a place to put all the posts that don't belong in the contest thread, while I mull over why members have to continue to argue in a contest thread hence ruining the thread for others to get a chance at entering.
Other people can't enter now because of me? How did that happen?

All I did was call a person on his shit, and he proceeded to insult my entire generation, just because he is stubborn as shit and thinks he can convince me that he is right. Well, guess what? I am stubborn too, and I am not illiterate. I feel that he is compromising the entire point of a giveaway. If everyone just copied one answer over and over again as their entries, the giveaways would be retarded and the vendors would stop doing them.

Apparently I am the only one who gives a shit about the vendors and the integrity of the community.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other people can't enter now because of me? How did that happen?

All I did was call a person on his shit, and he proceeded to insult my entire generation, just because he is stubborn as shit and thinks he can convince me that he is right. Well, guess what? I am stubborn too, and I am not illiterate. I feel that he is compromising the entire point of a giveaway. If everyone just copied one answer over and over again as their entries, the giveaways would be retarded and the vendors would stop doing them.

Apparently I am the only one who gives a shit about the vendors and the integrity of the community.

You don't call someone out on a contest thread, you want to dispute what I did? Here in this area is where you can call out someone all you want, but it will not be done in a vendors contest thread.And no, Apparently you don't care about vendors or the integrity of the community or you would ot have done a call out in their contest thread.
@TygerTyger

Last edited:

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not disputing anything. I am done with this whole thing. I have been over it for like three days. I have more important shit to worry about than some little feud on an internet forum. This has been blown way out of proportion.

I'm in a fucking GREAT mood today, it's my mom's birthday and I don't want to deal with this shit. Just delete this thread and pretend like dude never CP'd and I never pointed it out. I (edit: QUITE) literally could not care less.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't delete, but you can sign out anytime, maybe go enjoy your day with mom on her birthday and not worry about "some feud on an internet forum" have a great day :):)

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read the linked website and it occurred to me that often when we are cleaning up our act we can become pretty judgmental and self righteous for a while. Letting go of others' behavior which doesn't fit your own outlook isn't easy, but is pretty useful in our journey. Here's to a happy mellow 2016!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd slam a butt hurt meme in here Shark , but I am on a tablet, :D:cool::p

th_tumblr_lhfqmqZFgG1qdu611o1_500_zps4e31fe7a.png

Last edited:

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
  2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the OP yeah you're a dick.
Even if he did C&P what you wrote so what big damn deal there is no rule against that.
Plus you have no proof he actually did that maybe there is at least 1 other person on the planet that likes the same things you do.
Or are you such a special snowflake that only you and you alone could like those things?
Next time you want to call somebody out make sure you have proven documentation of their shenanigans or I'll call you to the floor.
Oh and thanks for the wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this thread has cost me.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OP - Yeah your a Super Dick

2. Banana nut bread
  3. Cinnamon Danish
  4. Coffee and Cream

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You C&Ped my C&P you son of a bitch! I am outraged and stuff!!!!
Oh yeah. What are you going to do, create a new thread of butt hurt?

New recipe name: C&P my C&P

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. What are you going to do, create a new thread of butt hurt?

New recipe name: C&P my C&P

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
No this 1 here has more than enough butt-hurt for everybody to pile in/pile on.

• Doodles amazing custard
  • Banana nut bread
  • Cinnamon Danish
  • Coffee and Cream
  • Fruity cereal w/ Vanilla cream

VU Sponsors