Become a Patron!

Copper 510 Pin Discoloration- og Herakles

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I noticed that the copper 510 pin on my og Herakles has become discolored, sort of a dull, lighter than original color. I noticed this after soaking the tank in denture cleaner, including the base, though not sure how long it has been like this. It is reading normal ohms on my mod, close to either 0.6 or 0.2, depending on the coil.

Is this in any way dangerous, and is it diminishing performance? I checked online for a replacement, but could not locate any, short of replacing the entire tank. Should the pin be cleaned or polished? I don't care how it looks, since it is not visible. Should I only soak the upper portion of the tank when I clean it, or use something else to bathe the tanks?

I'd been kicking around the idea of getting a Mermaid or Herk Plus, but I have a good supply of og Herakles coils left..... plus a TFV4 for when I want more of a cloud tank. Thanks.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol the copper plating on the pin is just oxidized from the cleaner.
I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Edit: just re read your question. I don't think it's oxidized but you probably cleaned it with the denture cleaner. I would think its no different if not better then before

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol the copper plating on the pin is just oxidized from the cleaner.
I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Edit: just re read your question. I don't think it's oxidized but you probably cleaned it with the denture cleaner. I would think its no different if not better then before

Thanks.....

VU Sponsors