Become a Patron!

Copper Goon

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
I want to have my Copper Goon finish match my Copper Switch Mod.

Can I take 2k grit sand paper to get the bushed finish off?

EvlSmrk

Member For 4 Years
You can. Will leave a matte finish. If you want shiny, follow it up with some time on a polisher, if able.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you wat to use 2k then 4k wetsand.
then if you want you can use some polish like mothers and a microfiber.
probably the worst part of the goon is it never matches with anything perfect.... gotta hit it with the grit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Up for results, my brass goon needs a good polish. I'm kind of hung up on using mother's on it since ill be inhaling off it and all. That shit sticks around long after even a good cleaning.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Up for results, my brass goon needs a good polish. I'm kind of hung up on using mother's on it since ill be inhaling off it and all. That shit sticks around long after even a good cleaning.
I am not sure about brass but I know a while back eliquid would take the tarnish off my copper nemesis mod

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not sure about brass but I know a while back eliquid would take the tarnish off my copper nemesis mod
I know liquid doesn't do it for brass for sure, the inside looks horrible lol. I've got to take the posts out here soon to do a full cleanup, I've neglected it since I stopped taking build pics.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah I would put some liquid on a micro fiber cloth and polish the mod with it to take the tarnish off, took a little work

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
Not trying to hijack this thread but... since you guys are talking about copper drippers im gonna fire a question out there. Ive been wanting to get a copper goon for my vcp boss mod, question is what dose it do for flavor? all I've herd about them is it tasted like sucking on pennies, I've never been able to get to try a copper dripper out for myself. Are they something you have to clean a lot (inside wise) and their fine? just looking on some insight on copper drippers.

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Not trying to hijack this thread but... since you guys are talking about copper drippers im gonna fire a question out there. Ive been wanting to get a copper goon for my vcp boss mod, question is what dose it do for flavor? all I've herd about them is it tasted like sucking on pennies, I've never been able to get to try a copper dripper out for myself. Are they something you have to clean a lot (inside wise) and their fine? just looking on some insight on copper drippers.
I have not really noticed any flavor change but you do get a metallic taste on your lips time to time. We'll I am using a complyfe copper drip tip too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i taste nothing aside from juice being vaporized from any of my copper or brass rdas.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never done copper but my brass goon has been fine. It smells even after cleaning but the fast is fine.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use Bartenders Friend. a squirt with some water will shine that sucker up nice. Rinse with Hot water and vape. The Bartenders Friend contains fine grit and Phosphoric acid (food grade). That will shine up any metal short of cerakoated steel.

VU Sponsors