Become a Patron!

Copper RDA turning cotton green...

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
I recently got a Copper Broadside mech mod and a Copper Kennedy 25mm RDA and the RDA seems to be turning my cotton green. Have only had the RDA since Saturday and have cleaned it with vinegar but it keeps doing this to the cotton. Is this normal?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
are u sure the juice isn't turning the cotton green?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I recently got a Copper Broadside mech mod and a Copper Kennedy 25mm RDA and the RDA seems to be turning my cotton green. Have only had the RDA since Saturday and have cleaned it with vinegar but it keeps doing this to the cotton. Is this normal?
What metal is your build using?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Strange, I've got a few copper RDA's and no issues with them turning the cotton green. As @SirRichardRear asked what is the wire you're using (brand and type), I'd put suspicions on that.

Also post a pix
yeah if it's not the juice, I'm thinking it's the wire. but i mean if the wire was turning the cotton green you'd think the flavor would be nasty?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Acidic juice I guess.

Not that anything will happen to you, under normal use, even with the oxidation, but why would you vape on something made out of uncoated reactive metals? We don't even cook in copper cookware any more and they were supposed to have a non-reactive coating in the first place.

budd77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an authentic K25 and have had a K24 clone and neither turned the wicks green.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had it happen a few times. Usually with Kanthal on copper decks or under copper toppers. Since switching over to SS, the problem has seemingly gone away. I chalk it up to reactivity between wire, juice, and atty.

VU Sponsors