Become a Patron!

Copper RDA worries

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
So, a friend was selling a copper goon v.1 in perfect condition for 25 dollar... And the beers were on him, so..XD...

But, I've been doing some research and a lot of people say that copper is very unsafe, and turns cotton green and tastes metalic and shit, and vaping it is toxic and you will die and the world is gonna end...

Are these people talking about older stuff, or what, cause I've been using it for about 3 hours now, and its been kickin ass... My ass XD, cause I have 20mg nic...

But really though, if its bad for me I need to know so I stop using it

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, a friend was selling a copper goon v.1 in perfect condition for 25 dollar... And the beers were on him, so..XD...

But, I've been doing some research and a lot of people say that copper is very unsafe, and turns cotton green and tastes metalic and shit, and vaping it is toxic and you will die and the world is gonna end...

Are these people talking about older stuff, or what, cause I've been using it for about 3 hours now, and its been kickin ass... My ass XD, cause I have 20mg nic...

But really though, if its bad for me I need to know so I stop using it
No it's not bad. People have been using copper mods since they came out. I'm about to use one in 20 minutes after I rebuild it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep it clean and below about 700 degrees you are safe..... the more to you let it be exposed to oxygen then more it will patina. Keep it clean and polished or protected it will stay shinny and safe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Keep it clean and below about 700 degrees you are safe..... the more to you let it be exposed to oxygen then more it will patina. Keep it clean and polished or protected it will stay shinny and safe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Thats good, but I have a problem that I think is not normal... I shine it, and its nice beautiful . and by the next morning it has dark fingerprint smuges that cannot be just wiped off

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats good, but I have a problem that I think is not normal... I shine it, and its nice beautiful . and by the next morning it has dark fingerprint smuges that cannot be just wiped off
Patina. It happens to copper. Just have to use it and polish it. I like the patina though. Usually force patina copper and clear coat to get rid of the penny smell. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

it's called oxidation, which causes tarnish, patina.... and IS a natural process. the result of metal being exposed to air and moisture.
wash your hands more, skin oils are what turn dark, and wipe mod down with a clean cloth between uses OR Coat the metal with a protective barrier.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The inside of the RDA needs to be kept clean, the outside of the RDA, or a mod doesn't matter much. If the inside of the RDA shows a greenish/blueish coloring, it needs to be cleaned. You can use Catchup and an old toothbrush for example. Let the Catchup soak in the RDA overnight, use a brush, in order to brush it down, rinse it, and dry it thoroughly.

VU Sponsors