Become a Patron!

Cotton bacon prime coils?

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered some cotton bacon prime off amazon that was a 2 pack deal they came with a bag of coils with each 2 pack they look like 24g spaces 5 wraps. I'm curious does anybody know what kind of wire they are made of so I can figure out what ohms they are. I just don't want to put them on a deck and not being what I would like and just wasting them. I might have to reach out to cotton bacon and ask them but if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks
Mreevesho

Thanks
mreeveshp

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You might should reach out to the seller and ask. It could be anything.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If magnets stick to them, they're Kanthal. If not, they're 316L or Nichrome.

Also, if you dry pulse them and they change colors they are not Kanthal.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If magnets stick to them, they're Kanthal. If not, they're 316L or Nichrome.

Also, if you dry pulse them and they change colors they are not Kanthal.
Thanks I didn't even think of the magnet.

The only way I will dry pulse them is if I really decide to out them on a deck. I might just use them for other people's builds that I do just charge them less.

Thanks
mreeveshp

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do not use coils you do not know what they are made of because of possible bad chemicals and gases formed. When in doubt DON'T~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would think what the coils are made of you received are listed on their website or where you purchased them. JMFO

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do not use coils you do not know what they are made of because of possible bad chemicals and gases formed. When in doubt DON'T~!
That's how I've always been when anything has come with coils I have so many that came with rdas, rats, etc that I have in a drawer doing nothing

Thanks
mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would think what the coils are made of you received are listed on their website or where you purchased them. JMFO
Their was nothing listed on CB's site or the amazon link I ordered from I have sent an email to CB to ask if they know and am just waiting for a reply

Thanks
mreeveshp

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Their was nothing listed on CB's site or the amazon link I ordered from I have sent an email to CB to ask if they know and am just waiting for a reply

I am surprised because any pre-made coils I ever got are always listed on the package. Good to know that CB doesn't tell you WTF you are getting.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Umm... Am I correct in assuming that you're saying you make and sell coils to people, but are planning to sell these coils to someone without knowing what they are?
Absolutely not I should have worded it different. If i find out what they are and they just aren't in the ohm range that I like to use then I will use them for someone that it might match what ohms they want but do the build cheaper since I didn't have to make the coils. But they will absolutely not go into any deck until I know exactly what they are. I have always been as safe as possible and have even turned people away because they want a mechanical setup with the ohms too low to safely use.

I hope this clears everything up the last thing I want is for anyone to think I am advocating unsafe practices.

If I never find out what the coils are made of they just go in the trash or sit in a drawer in a bag with all the other ones that have came with anything and I don't know what they are just to be forgot about

Thanks
mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NO, I believe he is saying he will sell them at a reduced price............. Sort of use at your own risk?? WTF?
Umm... Am I correct in assuming that you're saying you make and sell coils to people, but are planning to sell these coils to someone without knowing what they are?
I am surprised because any pre-made coils I ever got are always listed on the package. Good to know that CB doesn't tell you WTF you are getting.
That's how I've always been when anything has come with coils I have so many that came with rdas, rats, etc that I have in a drawer doing nothing

Thanks
mreeveshp

Just an update I could never get a definitive answer on what they are made of. The amazon seller said could be kanthal could be stainless and CB didn't know or didn't seem to so they are now gone in the garbage. I was hoping to use them if I knew what they were made of to put in people's deck that didn't have the money for me to build fresh ones since I charge for the wire and the time. But since i don't know I'm not risking it on them or myself. If anyone ever gets coils with CB Prime and finds out what they were made of please let me know for future reference

Thanks
mreeveshp

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update I could never get a definitive answer on what they are made of. The amazon seller said could be kanthal could be stainless and CB didn't know or didn't seem to so they are now gone in the garbage. I was hoping to use them if I knew what they were made of to put in people's deck that didn't have the money for me to build fresh ones since I charge for the wire and the time. But since i don't know I'm not risking it on them or myself. If anyone ever gets coils with CB Prime and finds out what they were made of please let me know for future reference

Thanks
mreeveshp

Yeah I never use freebie coils included in what ever I buy I usually just toss them. 99.99% of the time they're made with Chinese Shitwire. I don't trust them

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors