Become a Patron!

Cotton turning very dark brown/nearly black much quicker/at all in rta?

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
For context I'm using the RBA deck on the fireluke.

So when I have the top with the drip tip off, i can see straight down in on the coils and cotton and the cotton appears to be very, very dark, and now after a day more or so nearly black.

Why does it do this when it never does this over the same amount of time ij n my RDA? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just the nature of the beast?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
RBA decks are smaller around than RDA decks so the vapor is more condensed.

That could have something to do with it because since the juice is packed into a smaller place it could be darkening the coils faster.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Could also be over stuffing the cotton then vaping at higher wattages ...this will brown cotton up quickly when juice can’t soak through quickly enough

Do you have exactly the same coil types in both products? different coil builds crust up differently as well there’s always that

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you vaping? Juices that are high in sweetener will turn cotton dark and gunk coils more quickly.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A major factor is how big of a coil you have stuffed in

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
A 3mm ID. and the capillary action is def. There no dry hits and it's always soaked. Same cotton in both. Not sure about the coil material as it came with the fireluke.

Also is it something that can happen with all products (rta) that it can be leaking a small amount of juice out from above AND below the outside of the airflow control ring?
Like ALL the way around where the AFC connects to the base and also above that where the AFC meets the glass or is it a faulty tank all together?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If it’s leaking like that could be on you mate

having said that the fireluke with the RBA deck does get some condensation build up on it

The stock coils it comes with are good ...fused Clapton’s do crust up quicker than an alien or single wire I’ve found

I have a wicking guide somewhere if you wanted to check it over just to rule that out

Let me know I’ll link it here for you

VU Sponsors