Become a Patron!

couple questions and a slight vent

twitch99xl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
approaching 10days off cigs got a long road trip tomorrow no biggy....except i cant taste anything!!!! i am dying for a nice full rich flavorful hit but just not getting it, temptation to grab a smoke is high right now.
i have tried menthol's / mint flavors, dear god my stomach hates those things, Coffee, alcohol, cinnamon nothing is allowing me to taste :(

any ideas?

...."disregard please" damn noob didnt use the search feature

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there and welcome to VU, Glad your here:) I'll move this over to Ejuice area for you, Enjoy the forum:)

jomomma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
welcome aboard the EXsmoker train! sounds like you have the dreaded 'vape tongue'. we have all experienced it at some point. dehydration is an issue for vapers so you need to drink alot of water. i`ve also found brushing my teeth twice as many times a day for a couple days also seems to help get rid of the vape tongue. your body is going thru alot of changes now that you are 10 days out from smoking. that also adds to some of the issues with taste imo. i also find going to a more bland flavor to give my tastebuds a rest seems to help. [like a vanilla or creamy subtle vape] i am sure others will be on here later to add their ideas for you. hang in there. by tomorrow i wouldn`t be surprised if your juice tastes better than ever. [it is that quirky ;)]

jomomma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
*musta hit the lined out somehow* lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eating something salty usually resets the ol' olfactory senses for me. I love olives, and sometimes crunching on some dill pickle slices helps.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you just quit your taste buds are probably still blown out so you will need an over flavored premium juice, not a vape shops juice that they mix up.

This may not help you for your trip but try some Naturally Extracted Tobacco juice from doodlebug's or a number of other places. That is the closest I've had to a stinky cig and that IMO will help you get through the first month or so of not smoking.

Plenty of flavor so you can taste something and that familiar cig flavor that your brain is probably missing.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
this is going to sound a little weird but, when I was aking the switch I would get that a lot. I was never a fan of water; ane , so I started drinking less coffee and more water. The addition of more water and once in a while I would eat a small piece of pickled ginger. between the two. problem was solved. A good NET tobacco flavor would probably help as well.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just love NET tobaccos. So yeah, try it.

Then again I am one of the strange ones that KEEP vaping tobaccos with no urge to smoke anymore.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy a NET in the mornin with a cup of joe. The mornin smoke was my favorite smoke of the day. Once I am out of the house for work it's desert or creamy fruit for the rest of the day.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm.
Pregnant?
:p
Bite your tongue! LOL! Besides, there was no ice cream involved.....:D
I just love NET tobaccos. So yeah, try it.

Then again I am one of the strange ones that KEEP vaping tobaccos with no urge to smoke anymore.
I've recently discovered a love of some tobaccos since I figured out they don't taste like cigarettes. To me they taste like a freshly opened pack of cigarettes smells. I used to love that smell.....:)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bite your tongue! LOL! Besides, there was no ice cream involved.....:D

I've recently discovered a love of some tobaccos since I figured out they don't taste like cigarettes. To me they taste like a freshly opened pack of cigarettes smells. I used to love that smell.....:)
Exactly.

When we switch over to vaping from smoking, there is no way to imitate a cigarette. I have some flavoring that is supposed to imitate a "burnt" taste. Smell like burnt paper to me. Have not found a way to make it work so far.

However, as you said, NETs taste like the smell of tobacco. Love it. If you try some of Evan's NETs, you'd love them. RealextractsInSeattle. Good stuff Mang.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've glanced over the site a couple times, looked good.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As has already been mentioned... vaper's tongue. Many remedies work for people, but for me, only time fixes it. But smoking... will only prolong it. Your taste buds are regenerating/healing. You're still getting your nic by vaping, so try try try not to give in. If you do, just pick up the vape again, don't beat yourself up, but smoking won't make it any better and will taste NASTY. Hang tough, hydrate, it WILL get better.

twitch99xl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i made it through and im back to my lovely cereal flavors full force thank goodness, ill admit i did take a hit off a cigarette only to nearly throw up after soo im done with that!, forgot to take extra coils along and was without anything for 2 days

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i made it through and im back to my lovely cereal flavors full force thank goodness, ill admit i did take a hit off a cigarette only to nearly throw up after soo im done with that!, forgot to take extra coils along and was without anything for 2 days
Oh yay! You got your flavor back. Taste back... 2 whole days without? Wow, that's great!!

VU Sponsors