Become a Patron!

Couple things Boreas vs Aromamizer Supreme

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I own at least 3 each of these awesome tanks, I have no problems building, wicking (they both keep up chain hitting). I have no complaints with the decks (plenty of room) flavor or and clouds. There are a couple things that I can't seem to figure out concerning the Boreas......no, not filling. No matter what kind of build I put in the Boreas....primarily 24/32 claptons, it always does the snap, crackle and pop deal, noisy as hell sometimes, less so right after a refill oddly enough, but picks up quickly, lol Also I get the afterburn sizzle after releasing the fire button. I know the fix for that is to keep hitting for a sec after releasing the fire button, but I don't think/want to have to do that.
The Supreme doesn't have these quirks, no matter the build. It's not a juice, PG/VG thing either, tried switching between tanks.....same thing on the Boreas no matter what.
I hasn't stopped me from using the Boreas, it's that good!!! (miss u Roxy) but I'll take the Aromamizer when going out, just to avoid the looks/comments.......don't need to hear the "don't u know how to build man?"....yeah I do!....just a bit on the noisy side is all, like to know its workin ya know! Lmao
So, anyone have any suggestions/ideas wtf I'm doin wrong? Like I said, taste, clouds, fine, no dry hits, etc, its just a noisy vape and I've tried everything I figure might help. Less cotton (doesnt keep up) coils up higher, level w/posts, coils lower, in, out.....and even if you suggest it could be an oring problem....on all 4?? at the same time?? nah, can't be that either. Juice/air are both wide open and then closed by 1/2......I'm at a loss

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like the Boreas is wicking just fine. I'm the opposite. I prefer the popping. Those tiny explosions are flavor bursts :giggle:

The thicker the wire, the more afterburn we have. Release the fire button as you're still taking a hit. That will cool it down.

If these minor things still bum you out. I'll gladly take the Boreas from your hands :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own an Aromamizer but I plan to real soon. My Boreas does not snap, crackle or pop at all. All I get out of my Boreas is smooth flavorful clouds. in fact I'm probably going to pick up 2 more Boreas

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like the Boreas is wicking just fine. I'm the opposite. I prefer the popping. Those tiny explosions are flavor bursts :giggle:

The thicker the wire, the more afterburn we have. Release the fire button as you're still taking a hit. That will cool it down.

If these minor things still bum you out. I'll gladly take the Boreas from your hands :D

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I've heard really good things about the Boreas so far

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have a 28k/38n alien in the Boreas right now on a G2, and since you mention it, there are a couple pops pretty much every hit. But If I got any "looks/comments", I would just wipe the driptip and say, here give it a try. Comments then would be; Where can I get one :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24/32 Claptons, use a smaller gauge wrapping wire and also space the coil. Try 24/34, 34g is the largest I'll use for wrapping wire. I usually stick with 36g and 38g to wrap with, heats up and cools down much faster.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Right. What was I thinking, suggesting high gauge aliens over a standard clapton for the Boreas? :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors