Become a Patron!

Cover Labels?

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello everyone.. I wanted to ask a question about steeping in a crock pot. The wife gave me 1 of her 2 crock pots to use, and I just got a new shipment of juices in yesterday, so I'm about to set up to steep for 4 hours. My only question is should I cover my labels with packing tape to protect them from coming off? I know to just fill about 1/2 way with warm water and then set the temp on low, and heat for 4 hours, but I thought maybe I should cover the lables with packing tape to protect them....Can anyone advise me on this?

The flavors I got are the Fruity Hoops, Demon Energy, Lemonade, Blueberry, Hawk Sauce, & Wintergreen from Mt. Baker and I have some Kayfuns & Taifuns all cleaned out and just waiting. So anticipating the results......:)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fill my crockpot up to the level of juice in the bottle. Yes, the labels will get damaged, because they sit in hot water for so long.

You might be able to put the bottles in a plastic bag to protect the labels?

Oh, and to keep the temp at 150 degrees I also have to crack the lid of the crockpot!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I fill my crockpot up to the level of juice in the bottle. Yes, the labels will get damaged, because they sit in hot water for so long.

You might be able to put the bottles in a plastic bag to protect the labels?

Oh, and to keep the temp at 150 degrees I also have to crack the lid of the crockpot!
Well, my wife suggested I put some packing tape over the labels, and then use a permanent marker to number the bottles, & on a piece of paper put down what juice was in what bottle number. So I did. And I jacked the temp up on high until my thermometer tells me I am closing in on 150, then I'll drop it to low, and keep a watchful eye on it.

If this works out well, it will really make me happy that I found a short cut to steeping.

Last edited:

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use bags, and I also tape over the labels to prevent condensation from ruining them.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well guys, I let the juices steep for 6 hours, and I cut the crock pot off at the 6 hour time & just let them cool off in time. When I went to bed at 11:15, they were still just a tiny bit warm, so I dried the bottles off real good, & took them into my office & put them on my desk to just sit thru the night. Tomorrow I will put the juices into my needle tip bottles & load up my Kayfuns & Taifuns to start testing & see just how they turned out.

I'm really amped about testing them, this is the first time I have ever used a crock pot to shorten the steeping time of weeks in the closet, & if it worked out right, I'll be repeating this process again whenever I get a new batch of juices in. Ok, so thanks for the advice for the ones that responded, I really appreciate it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well guys, I let the juices steep for 6 hours, and I cut the crock pot off at the 6 hour time & just let them cool off in time. When I went to bed at 11:15, they were still just a tiny bit warm, so I dried the bottles off real good, & took them into my office & put them on my desk to just sit thru the night. Tomorrow I will put the juices into my needle tip bottles & load up my Kayfuns & Taifuns to start testing & see just how they turned out.

I'm really amped about testing them, this is the first time I have ever used a crock pot to shorten the steeping time of weeks in the closet, & if it worked out right, I'll be repeating this process again whenever I get a new batch of juices in. Ok, so thanks for the advice for the ones that responded, I really appreciate it.

Well , i have been staring at the screen and waiting with much anticipation since you logged off yesterday at 11:16 pm , any updates , i don't know how much longer i can last in this position , my ass is killing me.

VU Sponsors