Become a Patron!

Craving For Smoking

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's different for everyone. Some, like myself, spend some time being dual users (using both ecigs and cigarettes). For me, I went quite awhile having my morning and before-bed cigarettes, and vaping during the day. Eventually I was able to give those cigarettes up as well. For others, they put the cigarettes down immediately and never looked back. Once you've spent enough time vaping, cigarettes taste nasty as hell. Upping your nic level on the ecig can help if it's not quite cutting it during the day.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did about 4 months of doing both, cutting down my cigs as I upped my vaping. The morning, after meal, commute, and before bed cigs were the hardest for me to let go of. Then one day I woke up and said to myself "starting today I'm only going to vape", threw the remainder of my last pack of cigs into my local vape shops last pack jar and haven't looked back. Over 3 months without one now and no desire to pick one up. I like the coil building, and love the flavors. I'm down to 3mg of nic too.

It's different for everyone. Some, like myself, spend some time being dual users (using both ecigs and cigarettes). For me, I went quite awhile having my morning and before-bed cigarettes, and vaping during the day. Eventually I was able to give those cigarettes up as well. For others, they put the cigarettes down immediately and never looked back. Once you've spent enough time vaping, cigarettes taste nasty as hell. Upping your nic level on the ecig can help if it's not quite cutting it during the day.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's really hard to quit smoking, especially when it already became a habit. But congratulations on your dedication :)

BTW what are your favorite eCig flavors?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you guys handle the craving for smoking. I carry a pack with me for everywhere I go. Do you all do that, or do you throw them away? What helps you to focus your mind away from smoking thought?
For me, I vaped for the first time and it kept me satisfied to where I never lit up another cigarette from that day forward going on 5 years ago.The correct combination of a good model Ecig and juice with (for me) the correct MG of Ejuice was enough to do the trick, not everyone as you can see from the different posts here, have the same results, but that is what worked for me. What are your combinations (ejuice and gear) ?

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vaped and smoked for about 6 months. My vape just wasn't as satisfying. I was using a cig a like and I thin that is where my problem was. Once I got a tank and an ego battery I was able to stop smoking all together. I just one day said if I don't have cigarettes in my possession I can't smoke them. When a friend was around that smoked the same brand I would bum one off him. One day I was so excited to have a real cigarette and it tasted horrible, just awful I could not even finish it. I was done at that point and have never smoked another.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's really hard to quit smoking, especially when it already became a habit. But congratulations on your dedication :)

BTW what are your favorite eCig flavors?
Thanks. Like Heather, one of my probs that caused me to be a dual user for a very long time (year and half) was that I was using a cig-a-like. I was direct dripping it with 36mg liquid, but it still was tough since those things put out so little vapor.
fav flavs - strawberry, watermelon, plum, and other fruit flavors, though I also like things like chocolate and cream cookie, lemon lime mixes, and custards.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me, I vaped for the first time and it kept me satisfied to where I never lit up another cigarette from that day forward going on 5 years ago.The correct combination of a good model Ecig and juice with (for me) the correct MG of Ejuice was enough to do the trick, not everyone as you can see from the different posts here, have the same results, but that is what worked for me. What are your combinations (ejuice and gear) ?

I had exactly the same experience, which I thought was extraordinary after 40 years of smoking a pack a day!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
How do you guys handle the craving for smoking. I carry a pack with me for everywhere I go. Do you all do that, or do you throw them away? What helps you to focus your mind away from smoking thought?

I started with a gas station cig a like...
10201841374866210 (3).jpg

The first day I vaped I traded one vape for one cig all day long.... On day two, 2 vapes to 1 cig.... Day three... 3 or 4 vapes to 1 cig... Day four... I threw the rest of my cigs out and never looked back.

If you feel your craving the stinkies... you may wanna up your nicotine level a bit. Even if it's just for the first week or two to get you over that hump.

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me, it was to the point, when I decided to start vaping, smoking was no longer an option. Atleast that's what I told myself the days leading to my first trip to the vape shop. They started me off on a sub ohm set up because I told them the little cig looking things wasn't enough. They also set me up at 18mg of nic. That didn't go. I dumped it out as soon as I got home and put some of my girls 12 in. From there it still wasn't going good because I can't hit a sub ohm tank like I did my cigs. It was rough for the first 2 days but I kept telling myself, its this or nothing. Simply have not bought a pack since. I have smoked OP's (other people's) quite often, about 1 a work day for the first month or so, but after that it's to the point now that I can't stand the taste of a cig.

I think a BIG part of it is mental as I've tried quitting, and e-cigs in the past. And neither have work in the past.

Also, it has been since memorial day, this year, so I'm still pretty newb.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I started off as a dual user.

By the end of the second week, I preferred the E-Cig to the stinkies and just stopped using the analogs.

I still have the last unopened pack on my desk as a reminder.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Along time ago-I vaped for almost 3 weeks on a Gas Stores E-cig pack and it finally died and I went back to smoking, I started researching into vaping again almost a year later (Almost year ago) and after I ordered a Istick 30w and Atlantis Tank when I found them as a Combo online I didnt feel the need to pick another Cigarette up since the day they came in the mail. You just need to find the setup that satisfies you and its a good idea to make sure the "Vape Gear" you get is easily accessible and parts are easily replaced. After you switch to vaping completely you almost gag when walking past people that smoke or smell it on your old clothes and that alone can almost keep you away from smokes. With the new vaping gear out there and juices available its almost crazy to smoke anymore....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To kick my ass over that edge and scratch that itch vaping 36 and 48 could not, I was using snus and snuff with vaping.
Cut the snus out then now and again still take a snoot full of snuff.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I started out with an eGo battery, a cheapie clearomizer and some not so good tasting 18mg menthol juice that I found at a cigarette outlet. That wasn't doing it for me, so I got some 24mg. I only used that for about a week, it was too strong. I had a tough time finding juice I liked, I didn't know of any shops around me at that time, so I started doing research online.

I tried a couple flavors from an online vendor, they were better than what I had been vaping, but still not getting me where I wanted. An employee of the outlet told me about a local company that sold juice, so I ordered stuff from them. BAM! Good juice! I was so excited :)

It took me 3 or 4 weeks to quit completely. I decided to stop taking my cigarettes outside with me on breaks and lunch at work. I was getting through the times in between, only smoking on my way home. I stopped carrying cigarettes with me at all, and not suffering through it, so I threw them away. AT this point they were tasting disgusting, anyway.

My boyfriend stopped smoking immediately. It took me a little longer. Good juice, the right strength, and pushing myself out of my comfort zone did the trick. If I find myself craving a cigarette now, I vape through it. Keeping stronger juice on hand for those moments helps, sometimes. And sometimes I need a juice that tastes like tobacco to remind me I don't like it, anyway.

Good luck to you, and welcome!

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it might be easter to pick a strong flavor and higher nic%. Those helpesky me out in the morning and after meals. Carmel Macchio from EC blend. Best in the mornings.

wilbur

Member For 4 Years
I handle my craving by rolling up a cig made from D & R's quality tobacco (they recently came out with a line of
ejuice based on a few of their best selling baccys) & enjoying it.
I'll get there eventually, but for now I like that vaping has greatly reduced my cig use.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I handle my craving by rolling up a cig made from D & R's quality tobacco (they recently came out with a line of
ejuice based on a few of their best selling baccys) & enjoying it.
I'll get there eventually, but for now I like that vaping has greatly reduced my cig use.
Keep at it Wilbur!

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The right atomizer that works well, the right flavor and the nic level all came together for me one day.
A Kayfun/Russion, natural flavors only and 12 nic was more pleasant and satisfying than smoking.
I had to build my own coil and change my wick every few days but...so what! It is worth it.
It has been two years without the slightest urge.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be a weirdo. I quit abruptly. Picked up an ego battery and a T3 and never looked back. I knew myself well enough to know that my impulse control is garbage and that if I could smoke, I would. I got lucky because I got some juice that I really enjoyed right then on a setup that performed well enough for me right off of the bat.

I pretty much had to cordon myself off for a few days to pull it off, though. I took a vacation from work. I put myself in a no-stress situation and just toughed it out. I was pretty much non-functional for a few days. I locked myself up at home and turned to my hobbies. I slept and ate a lot. I also worked out a lot. I realized that I needed to get in better shape and I wanted to see what my body could do if I wasn't smoking. That was a huge motivator for me to keep away. I felt really guilty about having cravings, which led me to work out more and thus want to smoke less. I focused on taking care of my body and feeding my mind with good books and good music... ...just getting completely immersed in it. That stuff was my sole reason for being.

I dunno, I was at a point in my life where I really needed to make some other major changes, so I shifted my focus on doing some serious soul searching and changing many of my habits. It was quite the distraction for me. There's no place for smoking when you're busy reinventing yourself. Emotional turmoil is a welcomed-given. It's the trade-off for the payoff.

It was sort of like an at-home detox. After 5 days, I started to forget what a cigarette was like and from then on, it got a lot easier for me. It was a shitty week. Just one shitty week. Sometimes, I would stay up all night watching movies and riding out cravings. I think I'm lucky to have ADHD sometimes, too, because to do anything, I have to really put forth the mental energy. If I let myself, I can daydream for hours on command and just completely forget what I wanted to do when I started off on mental tangents.

Just remember, you can recondition yourself to completely not crave cigarettes. They actually become off-putting after a while. It can take some time, but it's really just a matter of reprogramming yourself day by day. You just have to be patient and honest with yourself. It's only temporary.

You just have to get creative when it comes to getting that positive reinforcement going on when you vape. Every time you smoke, you're reinforcing that behavior. The same goes for vaping. I think everybody finds their own way, but having the right setup that gets you a more satisfying vape helps immensely. Finding the right juice helps, too. For me, I would just vape when doing things I liked. It wasn't quite satisfying at first, but over time, the pathways in my mind widened out and I came to associate vaping with things like watching a good movie, having an engaging conversation, playing guitar, having a delicious meal, and so on.

Basically, vape when you're doing stuff that encompasses your consciousness. You'll start wanting to vape when you're bored or stressed rather than smoke because you associate vaping with stuff you greatly enjoy doing, whereas with smoking, you know it's killing you and you're just suffering through it and taking time out of your day to get past it so you can focus on what's important. That was the idea. My smoking buddies thought I was crazy, but it worked!

And at the same time the positive associations I had with smoking were getting foggier.

I think the physical aspect of coming off of tobacco is unavoidable. No matter how much nic you vape, the delivery system is completely different. You're gonna feel tired and foggy-headed. You might get depressed, moody, and anxious. You have to be patient with your body chemistry. Personally, I think it's better not to prolong the process, but that really depends on the severity of your withdrawals and the demands of your day-to-day.

I guess this comes off like I'm giving advice, but this is more meant to be a snapshot of my mindset when I was making the switch. If you want to quit, you will find a way to make vaping work for you

Last edited:

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first thing in the morning and after meal cigarettes are the most difficult to shake for me. Lately here its only been half a smoke or so first thing in the morning (I feel guilty and its slowly starting to taste bad), and half a cig after dinner.

Thanks for this thread as its helped me realize theres others in my boat too. I'm hoping to take out the morning and after meal stinkies after during this weekend. And I definitely agree with what was said in the posts above me, I really have to take myself out of my comfort zone in order to 100% quit. This new RDA however is really helping out satisfy me.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I still have an unopened pack in my car. It's been a month of vaping.
Honestly done even want a analog cig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwtechwiz

Member For 4 Years
On the advice of a co worker, I started with a Kanger sub mini and Istick 30 watt mod. I was determined to get as far away from a tobacco taste as I could, so I went with fuits and coffee flavors to start, at 6 mg nicotine. I'm now at 3, with a couple of flavors at zero. It took me a day or two to get used to the difference in hitting a sub tank vs. an analog, but I never picked up another analog after my first vape. OK I did pick one up after about two weeks, started to light it and nearly hurled. Won't ever go there again!!

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With me, I started to the patch, found out I was badly allergic to the adhesive in Nicoderm CQ, plus I still needed that hand mouth action. I had a few friends that vaped and stopped smoking, so I was at Walmart, saw the Mystic Haus pen vape and tryed it ... a week later I upgraded to a Vision Spinner 2 with Kanger Sub Nano, and a few weeks after that, I help a friend get their Sigelei out of hock, and while it was in my custody, I tried it, Forwent the money she owed me and traded her for her iPV3, Troll RDA, VTC4 Batteries, and Herakles Tank, and never looked back :)

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My journey took over a year. I started with a cig-a-like, the famous "Blu" which did absolutely nothing for me. I would take a few puffs on the Blu and then smoke a cigarette. About a year later I saw this guy at a hotel with an ego around his neck and decided to give it one more try. I went to a local smoke shop and they suggested a dual battery ego kit and some juice. I was going to get 12mg but the cig store clerk said "If you really want to quit, go high nic and then you can back it down." So, I did....24mg. I remember the first "hit" was STRONG!!!! But, I remember thinking, this might work. I had about 1/2 a carton of cigs left and made up my mind that I wouldn't buy anymore. Each day I would reduce the number of cigarettes. I clearly remember that last day, I was down to 2 a day, morning/before bed. Smoked my morning cig that day and it was so so. I couldn't wait for bedtime so I could have my bedtime cig. 2 puffs and I couldn't stand it. That was it, threw the last 1/2 pack away and have never looked back. Haven't really even had any urges. Now I vape 3-6mg and as you can see below, that's been 1 1/2 years!!!!!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I couldnt completely quit until I went sub ohm. I found the protank coils I made worked, but didnt cut the mustard. If I had the rebuilding experience I have now, they may have worked.

Once I got a mech and started using rda's I finally quit for good. It was that satisfying volume of vapor I was always looking for.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK,

So a little bit of progress this morning. I've been hovering between 2-4 cigs a day for about a week now. Each day it seems the cigs have a nastier taste to me (maybe its just mental or me just wanting to taste my vape now). This past weekend I was now at a solid 2 cigs per day (morning and after dinner) but I managed to stagger them around. This morning I totally cut out the morning cig and went straight to the vape, and lo and behold, no cravings!

This really is a comfort zone issue and just changing my habits now! I'm hoping to be down to none by this weekend!

I couldnt completely quit until I went sub ohm. I found the protank coils I made worked, but didnt cut the mustard. If I had the rebuilding experience I have now, they may have worked.

Once I got a mech and started using rda's I finally quit for good. It was that satisfying volume of vapor I was always looking for.

I got my first RDA 2 weeks ago after I had switched up my battery to an Xpro M80 Plus. I'm like you Pauly Walnuts, where I didn't start getting satisfied with my vape until I went sub ohm (I have a sub ohm tank but it wasn't quite pushing me over the edge). For me, like you, the RDA gives me the volume of vapor I was looking for when I exhaled, and more importantly that volume contains enough nicotine to keep me satisfied. There is definitely something else other than nicotine however in analog cigarettes that keeps you hooked... freaks me out honestly...

Anyway, hopefully I'll be 100% on the vape this week! I know I can do it!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK,

So a little bit of progress this morning. I've been hovering between 2-4 cigs a day for about a week now. Each day it seems the cigs have a nastier taste to me (maybe its just mental or me just wanting to taste my vape now). This past weekend I was now at a solid 2 cigs per day (morning and after dinner) but I managed to stagger them around. This morning I totally cut out the morning cig and went straight to the vape, and lo and behold, no cravings!

This really is a comfort zone issue and just changing my habits now! I'm hoping to be down to none by this weekend!

I got my first RDA 2 weeks ago after I had switched up my battery to an Xpro M80 Plus. I'm like you Pauly Walnuts, where I didn't start getting satisfied with my vape until I went sub ohm (I have a sub ohm tank but it wasn't quite pushing me over the edge). For me, like you, the RDA gives me the volume of vapor I was looking for when I exhaled, and more importantly that volume contains enough nicotine to keep me satisfied. There is definitely something else other than nicotine however in analog cigarettes that keeps you hooked... freaks me out honestly...

Anyway, hopefully I'll be 100% on the vape this week! I know I can do it!
Oh yea, theres seriously "other shit" in cigarettes and its easy to tell. Vape for a few days then take a hit of one WOOOOO!!!!!!, feel those happy chemicals, yea those happy chemicals are from bad chemicals in the smoke.

Im glad to hear you are doing well and keep up the good work. The more comfortable and consistent you become with your builds, the less you will need a cig as a safety net.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yea, theres seriously "other shit" in cigarettes and its easy to tell. Vape for a few days then take a hit of one WOOOOO!!!!!!, feel those happy chemicals, yea those happy chemicals are from bad chemicals in the smoke.

Im glad to hear you are doing well and keep up the good work. The more comfortable and consistent you become with your builds, the less you will need a cig as a safety net.

Yeah its freaky as hell just how much that "other shit" has you hooked when you smoke. I remember when I first figured that out as I was fighting with vapes that would keep me satisfied. Right now, I do have my "go to" build which is roughly about a .4 ohm dual coil setup in my Mutation, but I'm experimenting with the coil diameter size. I like my ohms between .3 and .4 and making sure I hit enough surface area with the coil. I've tried a 1.5mm sized coil, but I might switch back to 2.0mm as I liked the wick size for it. The wicks for a 1.5mm coil seem a little small for my tastes.

Anyway, back on topic, I do feel myself losing the cig safety net here really soon. I think I'm just hanging on to it due to force of habit.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah its freaky as hell just how much that "other shit" has you hooked when you smoke. I remember when I first figured that out as I was fighting with vapes that would keep me satisfied. Right now, I do have my "go to" build which is roughly about a .4 ohm dual coil setup in my Mutation, but I'm experimenting with the coil diameter size. I like my ohms between .3 and .4 and making sure I hit enough surface area with the coil. I've tried a 1.5mm sized coil, but I might switch back to 2.0mm as I liked the wick size for it. The wicks for a 1.5mm coil seem a little small for my tastes.

Anyway, back on topic, I do feel myself losing the cig safety net here really soon. I think I'm just hanging on to it due to force of habit.
What gauge wire are you using and at what wattage in that mutation?

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought my first setup half an hour after buying my last pack of smokes. I transitioned over 5 days and on my last day of smoking, I had the last one on the drive to work. It's been six weeks or so and it hasn't always been easy. There have been times that I wanted an analog, but when the craving hits I tighten up the draw on my tank and take a mouth to lung type hit several times. Then I go I go back to full open and am fine. The cravings tend to happen only when circumstances fall exactly into place (ex. drinking beers after a good dinner with friends and getting into a heated debated about football, politics, or whether the 6L6 is a better output tube than the EL34 in a guitar amp).

Nonetheless, the biggest thing for me was starting off with good gear and good juice. The nice people at a local shop really helped me out even though I paid way more than if I had bought online. I have tried the cheap stuff in the past (I have an old Blue around here somewhere) as well as the pill, the patch, the gum, cold turkey, and even hospitalization (appendix removal.....5 days). And there was basic training and AIT back in the mid 90's where I couldn't smoke. But I kept going back to smoking. This actually works.....and after almost 20 years of smoking Camel Filters, I don't miss the stinkies at all!

Just got to push through, occupy your mind for a moment or two, vape on and then the urge fades away. Not saying that it is easy....but it really and truly is!

Side bar: since meeting the woman that is now my wife, I have not been "allowed" to smoke inside. Being able to vape inside has made a huge difference in keeping with it as I have no reminders on my desk (ashtray, empty packs in the trash can, etc) to remind me. I have lighters around that are left over from smoking, but I use them for many other things than lighting a smoke.

pritbeters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a dual user for a good month until I switched over to subohming with my first Kanger Subtank Mini, and after that just the taste was disgusting to me. I also have a Pax vaporizer for tobacco, and used that and eventually let go (too bad the Pax was $200 errrrg). I still crave them every single time I eat. I try to do something and stay busy whether it be jerking around on my iPhone or watching TV-- anything that would get my mind off of it!

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a dual user for a good month until I switched over to subohming with my first Kanger Subtank Mini, and after that just the taste was disgusting to me. I also have a Pax vaporizer for tobacco, and used that and eventually let go (too bad the Pax was $200 errrrg). I still crave them every single time I eat. I try to do something and stay busy whether it be jerking around on my iPhone or watching TV-- anything that would get my mind off of it!

I have a Pax too. Don't use it anymore but I didn't use it for tobacco

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm one of the lucky ones that picked up my E-cig and tossed the cigs, never lit another up (5years now)

Me too! I was so amazed that ater 40 years of smoking the little throwaway did the job (of course I kept upgrading, but I never even craved a cigarette).

jjhabe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been 15 days without a cigarette. I knew a few people that had vaporizers, but not well enough to learn from them. I ended up on vacation with my bff since high school, and she'd been using it for a couple of months. She took me to her favorite local shop, bought me everything she'd started with, and I haven't smoked since. I didn't hang out with very many smokers, and I hated all the crap that went with it. Trying to find a lighter, an ashtray, a place to smoke, the nasty smell, etc. Now I've explored the flavors and found one I love. Tonight I had a few drinks and worried that might be my downfall. I lit up a cigarette, and ew! For me it's been finding a great vape shop and a flavor I love, with some variety if I feel like it. It hasn't been cheap, but I think it's worth it. Plus it's so much fun! I don't feel all stinky when I walk into a room of non smokers and I don't have to spend time alone outside. I know after smoking, and quitting, for almost thirty years I may hit a wall, but it's the best chance I've had. Find a vape shop with a good staff, and I think your chances will improve a ton! I also think having a site like this with positive feedback and people that have been where you are just increases your chances!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been 15 days without a cigarette. I knew a few people that had vaporizers, but not well enough to learn from them. I ended up on vacation with my bff since high school, and she'd been using it for a couple of months. She took me to her favorite local shop, bought me everything she'd started with, and I haven't smoked since. I didn't hang out with very many smokers, and I hated all the crap that went with it. Trying to find a lighter, an ashtray, a place to smoke, the nasty smell, etc. Now I've explored the flavors and found one I love. Tonight I had a few drinks and worried that might be my downfall. I lit up a cigarette, and ew! For me it's been finding a great vape shop and a flavor I love, with some variety if I feel like it. It hasn't been cheap, but I think it's worth it. Plus it's so much fun! I don't feel all stinky when I walk into a room of non smokers and I don't have to spend time alone outside. I know after smoking, and quitting, for almost thirty years I may hit a wall, but it's the best chance I've had. Find a vape shop with a good staff, and I think your chances will improve a ton! I also think having a site like this with positive feedback and people that have been where you are just increases your chances!
Congratulations!

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally i was more mentally prepared to quit this time, and oh yeah i had an awesome mod to help me out. I realized i was typically smoking a pack a day if not more, and chain smoking at times. My wife was preggo with our now 1month old girl-have two boys as well- so i told myself this kid will never see me smoke a ciggarette. Put a bit of pressure on myself that way, and i started cutting back. Day one i halved my cigarette consumption, and day two i did a few less. After about 10 days i was smoking at random times maybe twice. My thoughts were that it might not just be the nicotine my body is going crazy for so i weened myself off the other junk too. Now when I see smokers i actually feel sorry for them. Most of us liked smoking right, but at times were like I wish i could quit. For me vaping was the only way. I think not having them on your when you have made up your mind to quit helps though too, and if you do break down and smoke one don't beat yourself up, but continue vaping, and possibly try a stronger nicotine level. sorry this got a bit long winded

VU Sponsors