Become a Patron!

Crazy ramp up

Phillballn24

Member For 1 Year
Hello all!
Recently I did a new build in my vape. I have a dual coil set up with Kanthal coils, that' hitting .048 ohms, but for some reason my ramp up time is insane...like 3.5 to 4 seconds insane....not sure what i did wrong, I'm pretty new to building so o probably messed up somewhere haha. Does anyone know what could cause that long ramp up time?
Setup:
Dual kanthal wires .048 ohms
Smok Veneno mod
4 2mm loops

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're really at 0.048 ohms, your mod is struggling to fire it. That mod has a minimum resistance of 0.05.

If you meant 0.48 ohms, turn your wattage up.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I think you're right. My actual goal wasn't to be that low, but for whatever reason that's where it ended up. I'll go ahead and just do a new build

Whatever build you have, just add a couple more wraps. Assuming you have room to do so.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More wraps will make the coil slower. .... need less metal in the build.... try redo using smaller gauges of wire. I isn't the issue Metal Mass is.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
He's using a regulated mod with ohms under the mods minimum resistance. I'm betting his wire mass is very low.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's using a regulated mod with ohms under the mods minimum resistance. I'm betting his wire mass is very low.
Regulated mods don't fire when build is too low.... slow ramp up signifies the mod is firing....
Slow ramp is caused by too much metal for the power supplied.

Since OP gives no real build details and complains of slow ramp..... I assume mod is firing... therefor cause must be too much wire.

Regardless we are both just making wild assed guesses at this point.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regulated mods don't fire when build is too low.... slow ramp up signifies the mod is firing....
Slow ramp is caused by too much metal for the power supplied.

Since OP gives no real build details and complains of slow ramp..... I assume mod is firing... therefor cause must be too much wire.

Regardless we are both just making wild assed guesses at this point.

That's true. I'd like to see a 0.04 ohm build that has that much wire mass lol. Feel like you'd have to try very hard to reach that point.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true. I'd like to see a 0.04 ohm build that has that much wire mass lol. Feel like you'd have to try very hard to reach that point.
Plain kanthal at .04... yeah not gonna be that slow at 4 wraps... but some kanthal claptons or such maybe.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ya, you need a different build. Those are more for something like a parallel mech mod.

VU Sponsors