Become a Patron!

Crown NI200 Coils

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Has anyone tried these coils yet and what are your thoughts?
I have been using my crown with only the SS coils .25 & .50 that came with the tank. The flavor on these are nothing short of amazing (the .25 more so than the .5). Since I enjoy a TC vape, I got the RBA section and have been using TI in it and that too has been very good no matter what build I put in it (never tried NI200 in the RBA section). So yesterday I finally received my NI200 coils that USPS kept hostage for a number of days (a bs story for sure) and I put it in the Crown. Checked the resistance on my Sig 75 and it reads right at .15 as it should. Did the typical soaking and breaking in and no matter what setting I try out, all I taste is that funky metallic taste. So I wanted to see what others are setting theirs at to get the best flavor. One of my VU vape buddies @Hank Spankman has been offering suggestions but nothing seems to helping. I have tried everything from 400 F - 520F, 30 Watts to 45 Watts and its the same metallic crappy taste. I may just have a bum coil and I will put a new one in later tonight but wanted to see who else is using the Ni200 dual coils and what your experiences are. I may have to go back to the RBA TI build if I cant get the NI200 to my liking. At least until a good solid mod for SS TC is out ;)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
My NI coil bapes great, bit tool a bit to break in. Vape it mostly around 420-550 depending on the juice
So far mine just flat out sucks. No flavor at all to speak of. I keep vaping it hoping its a break in period but I would have thought I would get some flavor after 20 mls of liquid that I am up to now. If it doesnt show any signs of improvement by later this evening, I will pop a new coil in and see if that solves it. I really want to love the TC coil so hopefully this cures it. If not I do have the RBA section and looking now at SS TC devices.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the same boat with nickle coils. Everything has a metallic taste. I believe that some people are just more sensitive to it. I can taste titanium as well, but it isn't as bad. Perhaps once stainless steel temp control becomes a common option we will finally have a truly excellent TC experience.

I went back to kanthal on my Crown RBA head using UD Clapton wire. It's pretty stellar. Once my lower gauge 316L stainless steel wire gets here I'll start trying that. I did use 28 gauge SS for a bit, in temp control using a low temp Ni setting on my VTC Mini. It worked without any dry hits right until the Crown was bone dry. The wire just heated up a little too fast at 28 gauge.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Usually ni200 doesn't bother me. These are just ugly tasting. I just put a new one in to soak. Hoping that one is more like what everyone else experience has been.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the Ni200 taste great. Their SS coils are better, but the nickle is good. Better than the kanger stuff I had. But in the beginning it's pure crap. Took a solid half tank to go away. Good to go after a full one. Don't know what to say about 20ml. Their SS tastes like crap for the first few hits, but goes away faster than the ni200.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I am finally getting some flavor that I would call acceptable for the crown. You are right the SS is great almost right away but these Ni200 do take some time. I am also finding that like the dual SS coils, the Ni200 also need a fair amount of power to get them going. I have been used to Ni200 set at around 32 watts but since these are dual Ni200 coils anything below 45 watts is pretty crappy. I have mine at 45 W and 510 F. These are much higher than what I have been used to but the flavor is coming through nicely and the vape is still pretty cool. If these were single coils I am sure they would be much hotter. Looking at the power output as the fire button is pressed, it does take it a bit to reach the 510 degrees. I will stay with it and maybe once the coil is broken in, I can decrease the temp a bit.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just put the Ni200 coil in the crown today after loving the .25. It took about 8-10 vapes to break in an get rid of the metallic taste but now it is running fine. I still prefer the .25 but this is good but slightly less flavor. I'm running it on my sig 150 tc at 50j and 520 F but it still takes a bit to ramp up. Certainly not a bad coil but I definitely like the ,25 better.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I just put the Ni200 coil in the crown today after loving the .25. It took about 8-10 vapes to break in an get rid of the metallic taste but now it is running fine. I still prefer the .25 but this is good but slightly less flavor. I'm running it on my sig 150 tc at 50j and 520 F but it still takes a bit to ramp up. Certainly not a bad coil but I definitely like the ,25 better.
Agree. Mine is also at 50 watts on sig 75 and 520F. Not bad but .25 is better

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

So I just bought A pack of the NI 200 coils and after breaking it in fantastic flavor and output I'm running the K box 120

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strange, I hear about the metallic taste from the Crown Ni200's all the time but have never experienced it myself. I have not been through a lot of them since I don't vape nickel very often, probably around 5 of them and all of been great. As for settings, I mainly use them on my Snow Wolf mini at 480 degrees and the watts are automatically applied. When I do pop the crown on a different mod with manual watt / joule, I'll usually set it to 45.

Now, the Crown .25 coils in SS temp mode is wonderful. If you are looking for a mod with a good SS temp vape, look no further than the RX200. With the new update allowing for TCR settings, it is very smooth and consistent. I hope those other coils work out for you.

skt239.. appreciate it bro and honestly I have been tired test for the two three hits on 410 crank it up till about 480/500 awesome production awesome flavor I think people are getting coils that aren't authentic I don't know that's my best guess

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
skt239.. appreciate it bro and honestly I have been tired test for the two three hits on 410 crank it up till about 480/500 awesome production awesome flavor I think people are getting coils that aren't authentic I don't know that's my best guess

No problem.. I've heard rumblings about counterfeit coils and the crown for a while now. I have to wonder if they actually exist in such large numbers or if its Uwells spin to cover up for poor manufacturing practices.

Conspiracy? Just call me the Alex Jones of vaping. Actually no, don't. I never want to be referred to as the Alex Jones of anything.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have gone through 9 of the .15ni Crown coils, for me it takes a good couple of days to break in, at a good 15 or so ml a day. I use a ipv4 at 45j and 500f, recently I got a Cuboid, I do it at 50--60w and 500--520f.
At first the .25 was over the top for me, once I figured the ni and temp control out, there is no turning back. The Crown Temp Control is really great for me.

I saw a bunch of Uwell Crown coils at the local market and they were 100% fake! They definitely do exist. Shop in a brick n mortar store and you shouldn't have any problems. Or check out any well rated online store. Avoid ebay!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run Ni200 in the Crown all the time. They tend to last longer than the SS coils. They do have a kind of funky taste for the first 1/4 of a tank. I break mine in at 65w and 420f. After a 1/2 a tank or so I pump her to 85w and 500-550f depending on the juice. I get a minimum of 2 weeks out of a coil most of the time 3 or better.

I've been using the .25 & the .5 coils. They never really tasted right & burned iut in 2 or 3 days. Broke down & bought a ni200 coil today (first time using TC) & the flavor has been amazing! I'm at 52w 510. Don't taste anything metallic, but i am very new to it.

VU Sponsors