Become a Patron!

Crown or smok tfv4 tank...rba usage

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I have an Aspire Triton w/ rba which works good but not great. Rebuilding the coils is kind of a pain. I have a Lemo 2 which always seems to have wicking problems, and a Goliath V2 which I've grown to hate passionately.

I want to get a tank that has good airflow, doesn't have a weird or crappy rba. I was looking at the crown w/ rba and smok tfv4 w/ rba. I don't like buying pre built coil heads so the triple/quad coil stuff is irrelevant to me. I'm concerned about leaking issues on either and the hinge on the smok breaking or loosening up over time. Also vape quality is quite important.

I currently have an invader mini 50watt mod with temp control. Any advice would help.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can say with out a doubt, Artic Horizon is a kick ass tank. Using mine now. Nice to great flavor, Nice clouds. 21.00 or less. I can build a coil for an EGO c4. Horizon needs 24.5 watts for me, either coil. :cool:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Aspire Triton w/ rba which works good but not great. Rebuilding the coils is kind of a pain. I have a Lemo 2 which always seems to have wicking problems, and a Goliath V2 which I've grown to hate passionately.

I want to get a tank that has good airflow, doesn't have a weird or crappy rba. I was looking at the crown w/ rba and smok tfv4 w/ rba. I don't like buying pre built coil heads so the triple/quad coil stuff is irrelevant to me. I'm concerned about leaking issues on either and the hinge on the smok breaking or loosening up over time. Also vape quality is quite important.

I currently have an invader mini 50watt mod with temp control. Any advice would help.

My vote definitely goes to the Crown..
I have the Arctic, Starre and Maganus tanks that are sitting back on the shelf sence getting my two Crown subtanks a few days ago... came with three coils-
.5, .25 ss and a .15 ni200 for TC.
A RBA deck is available for it but I didn't order one...I thinks its about $10, but I'm not sure..
I like the .25...stainless wire and Japanese cotton makes for a tasty vape..flavor and vapor are off the charts at 65-70w....wide open adj airflow is great, and it comes in black and stainless..definitely won't go wrong getting the Uwell Crown, this tank is awesome!
924b0edaa78bcc4e9217fa2fed6454b6.jpg

Seen here on my well used IPV4

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the single RBA coil when got the TFV4, it is now sat in the draw collecting dust, either it would leak or get dry hits, and I'm no noob to building either, but this thing is just to tricky for the wicking.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just waiting for the tvf4 too show. Way it sounds it's a show off Atty. Makes tire fire clouds. For reasons only known to sea lions, I love making clouds. Just a hobby. :cool:

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I got the single RBA coil when got the TFV4, it is now sat in the draw collecting dust, either it would leak or get dry hits, and I'm no noob to building either, but this thing is just to tricky for the wicking.
It looks like it'd be as a kayfun to wick with those large juice channels. My lemo 2 was a fickle one too. I had to loosen it and tighten it constantly just to get juice up to the cotton.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like it'd be as a kayfun to wick with those large juice channels. My lemo 2 was a fickle one too. I had to loosen it and tighten it constantly just to get juice up to the cotton.

I'm fuckin' Phyco on clouds. Just for grins. My lungs cloud MY room if I want. Air Production! It's a toy I want to abuse. If it has faults I can correct, I will do so. Clouds are Bitchin' :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have had a medical issue. You have 5 minutes before your brain shuts down. (and you go bye, bye). Ever wonder. You think I'm so screwed, that's it. Wake up, you ain't dead. Smoking is never going to happen again. Pretty simple. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The inventiveness of these are a joy for me. Most can't believe what it takes to make a Atomizer, or the cost of the machines that make them. Watch some CNC vids on YouTube. You will get some idea. :cool:

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wait...what?? Why do you hate the Goliath v2? All I've heard is rave reviews overflowing with positivity and praise, seriously...

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Primarily because of the rba portion. It doesn't wick right. Filling from the bottom is an issue because then you have a 50/50 chance of an "atomizer open" message when you put it back together.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
This Uwell Crown in an absolute DREAM! Awesome flavor and clouds. Great airflow and easy to maintain and fill. No leaks, no dry hits either.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
See http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv4-rba-or-uwell-crown.115879/

The Dual RBA for the TFV4 is the dogs balls. IMHO. (condensed version of above thread on my part.)

Don't do anything rash with the single RBA though, There is one currently in my laboratory, situated at an undisclosed location... (hollowed out volcano) awaiting it's shall we say.. transformation.

I won't say more until the outcome is decided, but I WILL say I'm being assisted in my good works by Dr.s Dremel and Drill, and Sister Silicone.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
See http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv4-rba-or-uwell-crown.115879/

The Dual RBA for the TFV4 is the dogs balls. IMHO. (condensed version of above thread on my part.)

Don't do anything rash with the single RBA though, There is one currently in my laboratory, situated at an undisclosed location... (hollowed out volcano) awaiting it's shall we say.. transformation.

I won't say more until the outcome is decided, but I WILL say I'm being assisted in my good works by Dr.s Dremel and Drill, and Sister Silicone.
pictures or it didnt happen

now is being the dogs balls a good thing or a bad thing...i forget

would you be chance modifying the rba deck for vertical coils

VU Sponsors