Become a Patron!

Cuboid Pro with ProCore Aries - Joyetech

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Cuboid Pro with ProCore Aries from Joyetech. The Cuboid Pro Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/cuboid-p...ore-aries/

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Cuboid PRO Battery(no cell)
1 x ProCore Aries Atomizer(inc.mouthpiece)2ml/4ml
1 x ProC1-0.4ohm DL. head
1 x ProC4-0.15ohm DL. head
1 x Spare Glass tube
6 x Silicon Ring
1 x QC USB cable
2 x Manual and Warning Card
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

After opening the standard Joyetech packaging the first thing that struck me was the high build quality of the Cuboid Pro, it's a very solid device. Front and back is glass with a black shiny look to the device and the rest of the device is entirely metal, the mod is quite heavy and feels so solid with no rattles. The only cons are unavoidable with it having a large touch screen, they are it's very boxed shape and one hell of a fingerprint magnet. Despite being quite large and being boxed shape an effort has been made to curve the edges so the ergonomics are not too bad. The front just houses the 2.4" TFT colour display, the back of the device is plain apart from branding "CUBOD PRO" at the top and the Joyetech logo at the bottom. The right side of the Pro has a rectangular (wider at top than bottom) large fire button at the top and USB port at the bottom, the opposite side is plain apart from the indented Taptec fire pad, (yes like the Cuboid Tap, they have included a bit of taptec technology) which can be turned off. The bottom of the device has the battery hatch with safety marks and generous venting, moving to the top we have the very nice spring loaded 510 with very long throw. The metal chassis is entirely the colour of choice, i received the Silver one but there are plenty of colour options, the included ProCore Aries tank fully matches the colour of the device. My mate has had the red one for a few months and the finish is still perfect so Joyetech have done a really good job.

ProCore Aries Specs:

Material: Stainless Steel
Size: 25.0mm*51.0mm (standard)
25.0mm*44.0mm (2ml)
Capacity: 4.0ml/2.0ml
Color: silver, black, red, yellow, blue
Applicable heads: ProC series heads

ProCore Aries Overview

I have reviewed versions of this tank before and already have the ProCore Aries from when i bought the Cuboid tap. I found the ProCore X performed identically to the Aries, so underneath i will paste in the ProCore X review i did not long ago then let you know the couple of differences. Any picture's will be of the ProCore Aries and not the X.

I have used a few of the ProCore tanks, the first was the ProCore Aries which came with the Cuboid Tap i bought a while ago and the X must be the fourth version of the tank i have used. The tanks themselves i can find no difference in performance between them for that reason i only tried the X with the 0.25 (claimed MTL coil) to see if a MTL vape was possible has it hasn't been with the other tanks. I like the ProCore coils, there are stock coils with better flavour from the off but the ProCore coils seem to keep flavour for much longer and last. I found 40w the best vape with the 0.25 and i did enjoy vaping with it but of course it was a restricted lung hit. I then tried at all sorts of lower wattages and having the airflow almost shut but there is no way with this tank you can MTL and doubt in any tank design you will get a MTL vape from this coil head as the bore just isn't narrow enough (maybe a very airy MTL vape at very best). Disassembling the tank was straight forward apart from if you want to change the glass (much better with the 4.5ml glass), as it was a very tight fit with the top section so a bit of very careful wiggling was needed. If you then wish to fit the 4.5ml glass you just need to screw on the extension pipe then put the tank back together. The ProCore X has slight texturing in the form of lines but are for Aesthetics rather than grip as how the tank is filled and the ease of movement of the airflow ring, no grip is necessary. The top fill system works great but creates a problem which for me personally means it's not a tank i would probably use much. The top is pushed inwards then it pops up revealing the fill ports and locks back into place very nicely, however this means nothing can protrude underneath the top cap, so a drip tip can't be fitted in the usual way. Joyetech have got around this by having a metal cylinder on top of the top cap and the supplied drip-tip goes over this as a sleeve so you are stuck with the supplied drip tip. I have used far worse drip tips, it really isn't that bad, but for me it is quite a big issue that i can't fit my own.

Differences with the ProCore Aries

The only difference between the two tanks is slight aesthetic difference at the top of the tank and the fact the ProCore X comes with both a 2ml glass and 4.5ml glass with extension pipe. The Aries instead comes in either a 2ml version or 4ml version, i received the kit with the 4ml ProCore Aries.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cuboid Pro Specs:

Mod size: 56.0mm(L)*30.0mm(W)*131.5mm(H)
Screen type: 2.4 inch TFT/CTP(Capacity Touch Panel) screen
Screen resolution: 320*240 dpi
Output wattage: 1-200W
Output mode: VW/VT(Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR(M1, M2, M3) Mode
Features: responsive touch screen, well designed UI, easy-to-go interface, tap button, vibration motor, 2A quick charge, multi-protections, power bank, preheat, real-time clock, custom wallpaper
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for VT/TCR mode
0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Depth of 510 pins applicable: 4.0-5.5mm
Battery using: Dual replaceable high rate 18650 cells (CDC25A)
Colors: silver, black, red, yellow, blue
Max charging current: 2.0A
Max output current: 50A
Max output voltage: 9V

Using the Cuboid Pro

I like the battery hatch, it comes out to the side ten lifts up, this design i found works better than the usual hatch. After putting your batteries in (orientation is clearly marked) it's the normal 5 clicks to turn on the device. The display on the pro is colourful, big, and so much information is on the screen yet it's not cluttered at all. There is a settings icon, bottom central which is mainly for customisation and resetting things but pretty much however you vape wattage or temp control, everything can be done from the main screen. Top left there is a moon symbol, touching this is for stealth mode, top right we have a cloud touching this is for your mode, each touch takes you to the next mode so you can change from wattage to any of the three wire types or your memory slots. The centre at the top you have the choice of displaying either ohms, amps or seconds vaped, to change this just swipe. Underneath these top icons is an adjustment bar and underneath this is an unfinished circle with + and - symbols either side. With-in this circle displays information like wattage/temp resistance and voltage. You can adjust the wattage or temperature two different ways, touching the + and - symbols scrolls the wattage/temp at the normal speed you would expect but you can adjust it more quickly using the adjustment bar. When in temp control touching the information inside the circle changes the temperature to wattage, you can now change your wattage for temp control. One thing i forgot right at the top is a small battery symbol showing your battery status, touching this changes the screen to show 2 giant batteries to clearly see the status. The bottom of the screen has a folder icon to the left, smiley face to the right and the settings icon central. Touching the smiley face brings up the puff counter that can be changed to a pedometer (lol) but when on other screens this smiley face icon changes to a cloud that can be used as a back button. Touching the folder icon brings up the wallpapers, Joyetech do supply you with some but none i would use, you can upload your own and in total there is 100 slots which i think is brilliant and a lot of people will like this feature. Finally there is the settings icon which to break up the text i will run through in a separate section because due to me trying to explain in text form how all the functions work i have probably made one of the most user friendly and enjoyable devices to use sound quite complicated it really isn't.

Settings

Touching the settings icon brings up a list of options which are, time and date, brightness, screensaver, vapor hub, data reset (resets puff counter and pedometer(lol)), USB charge on/off and system info which gives the hardware and software versions. When choosing screensaver it gives you the option of displaying an analogue clock, digital clock or an uploaded photo. Choosing Vapor hub lets you alter the screen timeout, set preheat, turn taptec on/off and also has a nicotine calculator.

Performance

Vaping with the Pro was as enjoyable as playing with all it's features it is a very good device. The touch screen worked very well and always registered my touches, sometimes the response wasn't instant but it never got to the point of annoying or frustrating me. You can comfortably fit a 25mm tank on the pro and a 26mm only has the slightest of overhang. I would say the battery life was fair, the screen is big and very colourful which is going to use battery power so your batteries aren't going to last quite as long as in a more basic device. The device has 2A charging capability and is fully firmware up-gradable.

Pros

Great build quality
Large colourful screen
Good screen layout
Touch screen works well
Very user friendly
Upload pictures
Temp control
Good battery hatch design
Fair battery life
Taptec option

Cons

Very box like
Fingerprint magnet
Sometimes slight delay in touch response (i never found a big deal)

Conclusion

The Cuboid Pro has the best screen layout i have come across and the touch screen works well. The device both performs and is a boredom reliever with all it's functions and customisation options. It's a big bonus that the kit includes the ProCore Aries.

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Cuboid Pro with ProCore Aries tank for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/cuboid-p...ore-aries/

VU Sponsors