Become a Patron!

Custom Attys

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
trying to start a small side business making custom RDA 's and such! The stellair is the base I used to make the atty. I can powder coat them and I'm looking into anodizing also!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 126

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still the stillaire deck. Prices will be based upon the alloy you want. Copper, aluminum, steel etc... Also on what type of design you would like, How intricate the milling is. Basically what I will need is your deck off of your atty and some measurements of how tall/wide/big you would like it to be. This one I have posted pictures of is polished aluminum. The drip tip is part of the atty top but I could make them without an attached one so you could put your own tip on. Personally I love the drip tip being part of the atty as a single piece!

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Prices? Options?

Okay so I will offer Copper,Brass,bronze,Nickle,Titanium,Aluminum,and steel. Titanium and Nickle will be the most expensive due to prices of the material.

T

Taver13

dude, thats awesome, stainless steel? so can can give you any deck and you could mill me up something, im game.

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sure could. I can mill it so it would fit flush and look clean on your mod like mine in the picture. Stainless steel would be cheaper then most of the other metals and be very durable as we all know and look good polished. What deck are you looking to put it on?

dude, thats awesome, stainless steel? so can can give you any deck and you could mill me up something, im game.

T

Taver13

I sure could. I can mill it so it would fit flush and look clean on your mod like mine in the picture. Stainless steel would be cheaper then most of the other metals and be very durable as we all know and look good polished. What deck are you looking to put it on?
im surprised, because i know that the tooling for stainless is more expensive/it destroys endmills and the such, im probobly thinking plume veil deck im sick of those damn bottom holes leaking, but im a bit on the fence about the deck

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a machinable friendly stainless they make. I would either use that or stainless 304 which is used in cook wear but isn't as machine able. I do not have to have the deck to make it but it would make it much easier to make and I would be able to test fit it on the deck assuring it fits properly. Unless you have digital calipers which will read out exact Millimeters then I won't be able to insure a proper fit. If you can find somewhere I can buy just the deck I will purchase it but it will be added to the cost of making the atty.

im surprised, because i know that the tooling for stainless is more expensive/it destroys endmills and the such, im probobly thinking plume veil deck im sick of those damn bottom holes leaking, but im a bit on the fence about the deck

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just gotta come up with funds

Can you post pictures of the deck? I think I would be able to make it for around $35 or so. But you would have to cover shipping fees. I'm located in Georgia

T

Taver13

There is a machinable friendly stainless they make. I would either use that or stainless 304 which is used in cook wear but isn't as machine able. I do not have to have the deck to make it but it would make it much easier to make and I would be able to test fit it on the deck assuring it fits properly. Unless you have digital calipers which will read out exact Millimeters then I won't be able to insure a proper fit. If you can find somewhere I can buy just the deck I will purchase it but it will be added to the cost of making the atty.

i actually do, i used to work in a machine shop, but when i get some cash together, id definatly send you whatever deck i decide on

T

Taver13

dont have it on me ATM, but ill post it up when i do, i left it at work on my work rig

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah that sucks post some pics up tomorrow when you get it. What kind of design are you looking to have done for the atty?

dont have it on me ATM, but ill post it up when i do, i left it at work on my work rig

T

Taver13

nothing overly crazy, im gonna do some measurements and figure it all out, mostly i want to reduce chamber size for flavor

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a thought, if you get some buyers you will obviously have the specs on the one's you've done but you can also pick up a couple clones of the most popular rda's from fasttech for like $10 a pop. That way you can build your line to bring others in that may not want to part with their favorite piece for a few weeks.

Great idea, really like the style... kind of diesel.

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotcha. Would you want the drip tip to be a part of it? Or just a hold so you can put yours in it? I've been using the one I just made and I'm really enjoying the tip being a part of the atty and having it non-removable. Pulls good and puts out pretty good sized clouds!

nothing overly crazy, im gonna do some measurements and figure it all out, mostly i want to reduce chamber size for flavor

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes very true! I would say average turn around on the custom attys would be under a week. The sooner the deck would arrive to me the faster I could make it and get it back to you. I can make the stillaire's without needing a deck because I have one and have made one that fits just as good or even better then the oem top! If I did get lots of requests and buyers then I would most likely buy clones and save the hassle of shipping the decks back and forth.

Just a thought, if you get some buyers you will obviously have the specs on the one's you've done but you can also pick up a couple clones of the most popular rda's from fasttech for like $10 a pop. That way you can build your line to bring others in that may not want to part with their favorite piece for a few weeks.

Great idea, really like the style... kind of diesel.

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright well the sooner you can get me measurements or send the deck the sooner I'll have it to you! I could probably get it done in a day easily. Mine only took a couple of hours to machine. I'll need to set up a way to recieve money. Possibly PayPal?

probobly be part of it

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Comparison my custom atty vs stellair bore for the tip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 36

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you post pictures of the deck? I think I would be able to make it for around $35 or so. But you would have to cover shipping fees. I'm located in Georgia
At that price you will probably have some business coming in :)

You might want to think about shopping for some sample decks on FT though so that people don't have to send theirs in.

And will you be able to do AFC rings?

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is an AFC ring? not use to vaping slang haha

You might want to think about shopping for some sample decks on FT though so that people don't have to send theirs in.

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Googled it and found out. I should most likely be able to do AFC rings. Just depends on the persons budget and what they are looking for!

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How about wide bore/chuff tips for certain attys?

I love the little boy rda but would like same size and style tip it comes with but in ss to match the top cap vs the black one it comes with

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes I could make one of those. Just need the measurements!

How about wide bore/chuff tips for certain attys?

I love the little boy rda but would like same size and style tip it comes with but in ss to match the top cap vs the black one it comes with

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still the stillaire deck. Prices will be based upon the alloy you want. Copper, aluminum, steel etc... Also on what type of design you would like, How intricate the milling is. Basically what I will need is your deck off of your atty and some measurements of how tall/wide/big you would like it to be. This one I have posted pictures of is polished aluminum. The drip tip is part of the atty top but I could make them without an attached one so you could put your own tip on. Personally I love the drip tip being part of the atty as a single piece!
Agree 100%, drip tip part of the atty, nice work, I'm seriously interested

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you have any problems with heat with the drip tip as part of the atty? Seems like it could get really hot, especially on sub-ohm builds...

Really could see it getting hot on a copper one!

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope the aluminum one I made that I've been camping pretty hard on doesn't get very hot. The aluminum dissipates the heat pretty good. I'm running a dual coil build at around 0.6 ohms I think and it stays cool. The old stellair top got hotter then this one.

Do you have any problems with heat with the drip tip as part of the atty? Seems like it could get really hot, especially on sub-ohm builds...

Really could see it getting hot on a copper one!

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
to all interested I have decided I will be making 2 custom tug boat RDA's and selling them. they will not be alike and almost all RDA's I will build will be different from the other making them all 1 of a kind.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I will want to do little boy next few weeks ,will contact you when Im ready :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
to all interested I have decided I will be making 2 custom tug boat RDA's and selling them. they will not be alike and almost all RDA's I will build will be different from the other making them all 1 of a kind.
Interested in one of those tugboats

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
#tuglyfe
daaecd4f3f5d7b40a8474b8ec281ab94.jpg

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update. Couldn't wait so I ordered stainless steel and 2 tug boat V2's. Hoping to make them next week:D

Reactions: dre

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
will do. might do some crazy heat sink fins on this batch. medium size bore tip for sure. it's a great size I used on my prototype

Keep the stock 2.4 air holes :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly wish I enjoyed dripping more. I barely touch my Stilare except for taste testing. Think you are going to get a bit busier shortly.

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that is the goal I'm aiming for with making these 2 custom tugs! I'm going to post them for sale on here and see if it draws any attention. trying to find a happy medium for big clouds and still have good flavor with style:)

Honestly wish I enjoyed dripping more. I barely touch my Stilare except for taste testing. Think you are going to get a bit busier shortly.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that is the goal I'm aiming for with making these 2 custom tugs! I'm going to post them for sale on here and see if it draws any attention. trying to find a happy medium for big clouds and still have good flavor with style:)
I think that the personalization capabilities will be a big selling point for. I wish you a lot of success. Just don't start doing pre-orders... :rolleyes:

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not plan on doing pre orders. I would make a couple RDA's a week maybe. small batch type of deal. serious vapers are crazy for unique items that are hard to get. I want to make very unique and well working RDA's!

I think that the personalization capabilities will be a big selling point for. I wish you a lot of success. Just don't start doing pre-orders... :rolleyes:

NicksCustoms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just got the Tug's in from fast tech. took forever. hoping to start working on them tomorrow and get them for sale!

VU Sponsors