Become a Patron!

DA ONE TECH Boxy - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, here we have the BOXY from Da One Tech Vapor in the Gentle Silver. I passed the black one Ion as a free giveaway. It does come in five colours though.

FcOjsLt.png

KLLZTls.png

This device is a tiny little pod style unit that uses their proprietary pods that consist of a horizontal coil and cotton wick and a pretty neat side slide-n-fill port on the front side of the pod. This thing is small, about the size of a tube of lipstick or classic Bic lighter and I think its more geared to the lady folk out there in size and appearance as it has a neat little "mirror" on the button side of the device which could come in handy for checking your teeth after a meal or lipstick or whatever while you're out on the town. The pod is organic cotton and food-grade PCTG and it will last for about 300 puffs needing a recharge.

So, let’s get to the device here. Pod slips in the top and is held in by pressure fit, I experienced no problems with it staying attached while using or while in the pocket. Now, the pod itself is a clear proprietary pod which houses a small horizontal coil and wick along with a front facing air hole which appears to be 1mm in diameter. To fill the pod all you have to do is slide down the door on the pod itself and stick the nozzle of the bottle in and squeeze. The door has a silicone seal and flapper which would prevent excessive spillage if left open and also acts like a valve to let air escape as you squeeze juice in. If you look at the picture you can see the slide and it’s nice you don’t have to remove pod for filling.

ouUjIfD.png

The device is push button to vape, would have been nice to have auto draw on something so tiny and especially with the button being flush mounted and smooth which can make it hard to find without looking or fumbling around for it. Under the button is the "mirror" which also has the battery level indicator hidden stealthily behind it and is visible only upon pressing of the fire button. Device charges by USB-C which is great, charging cable is included in the package along with the as expected documents and warnings etc. Charging is done through the bottom of the device and allows for pass through vaping so you can vape while you charge. For this review I used 50/50 Halo Tribeka and had no problems with wicking, leaks or anything of the sort. Flavor was a little muted but acceptable. The device charges in about 30 minutes and has a constant output and pass through charging.

So all in all a neat little device. Small, constant output, pass through, refillable pod from front and decent flavour. I suppose the only niggle is the battery life is not exceptional but it’s so tiny you expect that. It’s 89 x 17 x 17. So 550 may is certainly not bad. It only weighs 25g after all.

In the box you get the device, a pod and the type ‘C’ charging cable.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors