Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Havent checked in, in a while:

Been playing teacher to a 2nd and 4th grader.
Teachers need a raise...
These 2 kids are going to at least learn how to do math, CORRECTLY AND LOGICALLY
FUCK THAT COMMON CORE CRAP IN ITS FUCKING EARHOLE!!!!

The wife is doing great and enjoying being back at work.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Checking in - we are all okay here

Rainy day, and BS to deal with accountant today :eek:

Some pathetic dweeb stole my VU content and posted it on ECF - so vape drama for distraction

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Look what Finally woke up to start the day
Sparkey ay 2.jpg
ya he was weeping why sleeping..
now his eye is Turning Black and Blue...
yet the lump is way down from yesterday.
just could not pass up this KODAK Moment { talk about Living Color }

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tuseday check in:
Made the mistake of going after the rest of our supplies. Different town but everyone still rude there too. Goods on the shelves starting to disappear again, you can almost see the impending food crisis coming. I am glad I grow most of my food. Still, with the mandatory mask mandate, seeing some that just wont wear a mask, one I seen today was a fireman from that town, hmmm good example setter there:gaah:, I guess some think they can't get it.:rolleyes:
We're still healthy and well here:), trying to occupy our minds to pass the time, too wet to go out and work in the garden.
Glad to see for the most part that everyone here has avoided gettin this virus:eek:. Stay safe and take care of your health.:wave:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 160272
Gah! That looks gnarly!
Hope he's a little more careful now!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doing well here today. Knee is feeling and working much better. Still have a couple days left on the antibiotics. Swelling is almost gone. Hardly any pain. Work is going pretty good. Minimal interaction with the homeowners. Lots of sanitizing and hand washing and mask wearing.

Wife is still working from home. The two dogs are loving having someone home all day with them.

Wife and I made a homemade pizza this evening for dinner. Damn was that good. Reminded me of the ones my mom used to make when I was growing up.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Checking in - we are all okay here

Rainy day, and BS to deal with accountant today :eek:

Some pathetic dweeb stole my VU content and posted it on ECF - so vape drama for distraction
Bit of a weird one that Dweeb, is not responding to others responses. At least the others are taking him down for it.

View attachment 160272
Yeah that would have been a decent hit he took. No headaches, an actual headache as opposed to typically painful at the wound sites!? Constant tiredness? Hopefully all ok.

Tuseday check in:
Made the mistake of going after the rest of our supplies. Different town but everyone still rude there too. Goods on the shelves starting to disappear again, you can almost see the impending food crisis coming. I am glad I grow most of my food. Still, with the mandatory mask mandate, seeing some that just wont wear a mask, one I seen today was a fireman from that town, hmmm good example setter there:gaah:, I guess some think they can't get it.:rolleyes:
We're still healthy and well here:), trying to occupy our minds to pass the time, too wet to go out and work in the garden.
Glad to see for the most part that everyone here has avoided gettin this virus:eek:. Stay safe and take care of your health.:wave:
Good you are well. Kept an eye out for news things going on over there, or up there as we are down under, but dont see or hear what is really going on I feel. Saw one bit on a guy store guard getting killed because he refused entry to a women without a mask or confronted her about it and she shot him. Killed over that, just crazy.
Doing well here today. Knee is feeling and working much better. Still have a couple days left on the antibiotics. Swelling is almost gone. Hardly any pain. Work is going pretty good. Minimal interaction with the homeowners. Lots of sanitizing and hand washing and mask wearing.

Wife is still working from home. The two dogs are loving having someone home all day with them.

Wife and I made a homemade pizza this evening for dinner. Damn was that good. Reminded me of the ones my mom used to make when I was growing up.

Cool, no knee geyser eruptions, the mental images are fading now. Albeit they were cartoon ones and people were paying to see it, but it was still gross!

Another nice day here. We dont have any trouble much in our little town. Was a few fights over the toilet paper and some crazy stuff when it started with some arrests but everything in the shops here are back to normal apart from the social distancing. In fact everyone you see down the street at the shops are acting totally normal and only social distancing in the shops where they have to. The hoons are dragging around town again in their cars and people out and about like normal. We see on the news the Police fining people in major cities for the things that happen in our town all the time but to be honest since the start of covid here I have hardly seen a police presence. Think thats why everyone is acting so slack about it all now and why when I see how it is everywhere else it seems more like watching a movie.
Stay safe everyone.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have hardly seen a police presence.
Our super slick Chief of Police basically announced on TV that police would not be responding to anything that wasn't "violent". Dumbass. I rarely see cops around when I'm heading to and from work. People are speeding all over the place, racing on main roads, just ridiculous.

Our company gave us letters to carry with us, in case we get pulled over for being on the road, but no cops around these days. It's just weird. Really weird.

I saw just a bit ago, on the news, we've hit over 5,000 cases here. Less than 3 weeks ago it was just barely over 1,000. Every time I see they're wanting to re-open the businesses, it scares me a little. I do really wonder, how long will this all take to get back to some kind of normal? I feel like it's going to be quite a long time, sadly.

All you guys gotta stay safe. I feel like we live in our own bubble, and we're all neighbors of sorts. It's kinda fun that way.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning y'all. Just checking in. Everything is good today if you like to be shut in all the time. The days no longer have names, or meaning. WTF good is the weekend, when every day is the fucking weekend? I gotta get out, and back to my normal life. I am too social to be stuck in the house day after day, after day, after day....I feel like a caged animal.

BTW. WTF is the watermark VU puts on every photo I post? They aren't VU's photo's, they're mine. And why does VU resize all our photos? Both are a real PITA! I am a photographer, and I take great care to make my pictures look good, so when I post them, people can click on them to see them full size to really appreciate all the details. I like everything else about VU, but these 2 things are really annoying!

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Going to be one hot day here in San Diego... well for SD that is ;) 86* then it will drop back to normal temps of the mid 70's for a few more weeks, then humid hell for almost 3 months LOL.

Family is well, wife is well; today me not so much.

Woke up in the middle of the night with what I would characterize as something poking my ear drum... throbbing pain level from 2-10...sounds are dampened and muted... might have some odd ear infection... no idea... never had one before.

E-Mailed my doc with symptoms and concerns, awaiting for a response.

The discomfort goes in and out... but when it jumps to the 10 level, it makes my right eye squint... and equilibrium goes wonky... YAY joys of getting old...fuck LOL

Anyway... be rad every, be safe.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So my Uncle Tom has recovered. My aunt is still unresponsive. A nurse held the phone to her ear so my uncle could tell her how much he loves her.

It’s not looking good for my aunt.
am glad your posting reguraly..
even if it is very sad news.

yet to see your posts and KNOW your ok...
i find comforting.
so keep posting an no more milk cartons ok?

sparkeys still sore as ever {ribs}.
the face oooooo dat face da poor black and blue swollen up face.
{ looks like he was beat by las vagus loan sharks now }
yet no dizzy no upset tummy no ringing in da ears NO headach? <---hard to believe

yet he is doing real well.
so far.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Good morning VU!

Going to be one hot day here in San Diego... well for SD that is ;) 86* then it will drop back to normal temps of the mid 70's for a few more weeks, then humid hell for almost 3 months LOL.

Woke up in the middle of the night with what I would characterize as something poking my ear drum... throbbing pain level from 2-10...sounds are dampened and muted... might have some odd ear infection... no idea... never had one before.

The discomfort goes in and out... but when it jumps to the 10 level, it makes my right eye squint... and equilibrium goes wonky... YAY joys of getting old...fuck LOL

Yep, you've got an ear infection my friend.

Not much new here... Keeping busy by reconstructing my vape cave and cleaning/rearranging the office. The folks are getting their driveway re-paved, trucks woke me up at 8am! :gaah:

Before....
xLi649XpSB_znALnoDDyFs0xA12ACiH1fhq-0pbiUJwDF3J-G4TE67Aw0iasIKh8D8X-u3L7qHmVo9OTjwLsMxnh06-ATRP2btHLvo-IgNMu2Lg-tYD5hyPPDoAd8W3g9DXintZy7MtaDnGHkitFDyua1u-BXbiJp6CnuU9Cljh5xNZsf0uJXeY9AOSyf1Lo9i27I88e8MAGeE7wbXqYMikIc1MAtBZl7e0hhfLZz0_7fMowugTUGGj0WGZhxR0Bu3DadpkbPd-MPMAVL01WDFzlWuQfDAsfdm8FZOeQ5UpzL29PbDGHhkbSANAacbWkmPp3rznk_E0TaB21eoyVSsTdfdhlQRvqmtsaYrAm37HznFQ3gOVCshuDYAactix9j9dkMlHEkv_3YQBjbV6MliM0RapmnN8BlRlTsPZd6g0UKvIsrqck7OY7X_p4FDDYSzF9-Su86NXphcyU1eC14H1juZ3ywPjRUrZh078W77ljY8B_SaR6AfGIvv3wFVI2rOPiDNxMyn0EhSho-0mabeerk3a8kxbxUJHMijB2299NDHGDxHmPShHyYuiqpoxUhCVCYlUIiNyX0zH3L9CYBEAmsd2d8pOrpRxMKt-x9uN8cJffaVWS59qtbhwkQIg2ofyYOQxT32OZyd_yo9VnzdJXVAYnMkJo_vhm2N8pGtXoO1OB0numi1wKCEuukwLtJW6_qPDOQCoT9eoxsX8R7_uMVfLErSZG4qWGQfUAHdnK6RMcrVViDQSg=s933-no

After....
20200505_173605.jpg 20200505_173718.jpg

I haven't filled it up yet because I still need to secure it to the wall so it can't tip forwards.

Everyone's still healthy... Well, other than my yard which looks like an over grown jungle. It's been too wet to mow it yet :rolleyes:

Hope y'all are keeping in good spirits and finding things to entertain yourself with. :) I'm sorry for all of those who have loved ones that are sick.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning VU!

Well that shooting pain sounds like a regular old ear infection, but the effect on equilibrium sounds like an INNER ear infection, so you might have both! Hopefully doc will fix you up with meds quickly, because that probably won't get better on its own, and your balance and swimmy-headedness could get a lot worse. Let us know what happens, ok?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning VU!

and equilibrium goes wonky <--- Thats NOT good.

seiously clear all items like coffee table <-- sharp edges
rugs you could stumble on.. Bassicaly child proof your home.
cuz if you go down cuz your equilibrium goes wonky..
trust me ya don't wanna land on anything with a hard edge.
or YOU TO could look like ya were beat up by las vagus loan sharks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
and equilibrium goes wonky <--- Thats NOT good.

seiously clear all items like coffee table <-- sharp edges
rugs you could stumble on.. Bassicaly child proof your home.
cuz if you go down cuz your equilibrium goes wonky..
trust me ya don't wanna land on anything with a hard edge.
or YOU TO could look like ya were beat up by las vagus loan sharks.

That's true, Bunny. My uncle had an inner ear infection that made him so swimmy in the head he couldn't stand to walk, sit up, or move his head. He was miserable. So sick on his stomach, too, from the disorientation. It can be very unpleasant.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Our super slick Chief of Police basically announced on TV that police would not be responding to anything that wasn't "violent". Dumbass. I rarely see cops around when I'm heading to and from work. People are speeding all over the place, racing on main roads, just ridiculous.

Our company gave us letters to carry with us, in case we get pulled over for being on the road, but no cops around these days. It's just weird. Really weird.

I saw just a bit ago, on the news, we've hit over 5,000 cases here. Less than 3 weeks ago it was just barely over 1,000. Every time I see they're wanting to re-open the businesses, it scares me a little. I do really wonder, how long will this all take to get back to some kind of normal? I feel like it's going to be quite a long time, sadly.

All you guys gotta stay safe. I feel like we live in our own bubble, and we're all neighbors of sorts. It's kinda fun that way.

Just because businesses reopen does not mean that we have to go to them.
My plan for keeping my wife safe will be far more cautious than the governments plan.
MY PLAN is what I follow. The government clearly does not put the safety of it's citizens first in this.

EDIT: I do understand why the government is doing what they are doing because of economic impact. A VERY bad economic impact. But I will still follow my plan not theirs.

Last edited:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
am glad your posting reguraly..
even if it is very sad news.

yet to see your posts and KNOW your ok...
i find comforting.
so keep posting an no more milk cartons ok?

sparkeys still sore as ever {ribs}.
the face oooooo dat face da poor black and blue swollen up face.
{ looks like he was beat by las vagus loan sharks now }
yet no dizzy no upset tummy no ringing in da ears NO headach? <---hard to believe

yet he is doing real well.
so far.
I’m doing ok emotionally through all of this. Whatever the outcome, I just want my aunt to have peace and comfort. And yes, no more milk cartons lol

Thinking about you and family, Amber. Hugs to you all.
thank you so much! :hug:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!
Good thing I'm a homebody, this virus stuff is getting really old.
Nothing new here. Cat is watching birds on the porch and dreaming of fresh pigeon. Hubby is playing in his workshop. I'm on laundry detail. SSDD, lol.
Stay safe and healthy :hug:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
I hate homeschool
and here i was gonna ask ya to teach me how to --------------------------------
never mind.
an just to inform you
got da choke hearts

So am ready to do my homework

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quick check in, overslept again. That's getting old.

@~Don~, hope you hear from your doc soon. Feel Better!
@Amber Petti, warm thoughts to you and your family. And for you as well, @Anibird.
@DaBunny... poor Sparky. Man that looks rough.
@ everyone else, stay safe. Someone go help @misswish with her laundry so we can do another cookout soon!

@f1r3b1rd

upload_2020-5-6_13-33-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-6_13-33-37.png
    upload_2020-5-6_13-33-37.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 6

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doc didn't reply, but a doc that was covering for her did.

Said she thinks I have wax build up... and attached this 5 day cleaning plan.

..."But if things get worse or you feel discomfort that is abnormal please contact us to have a look"

So I responded with the quoted part above... Umm, "This is why I contacted you all in the first place, its abnormal discomfort already, still want me to just irrigate for 5 days?

Continued with, "is it normal practice to irrigate when there is a possibility of infection and said ramifications of letting said possible infection run a course of an additional 5 days, or am I missing something that this magic Mineral Oil and warm water concoction rinse you want me to do being adequate? ... Doesn't seem very proactive...

Wife says I am mean, which I know I can be... but really... just think I jammed a Q tip in my ear and impacted wax against my ear drum... wash it with some mineral oil first and lets go from there... don't mind me saying my equilibrium is off... my ear drum is throbbing and me already saying I did an ear rinse with a rubber bulb syringe

I mean, I am not even close to being knowledgeable as a doctor... even with the years of helping the wife through nursing school... but I did stay at a...

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
SSDD the last few days, didn't feel like wasting the electrons.

Made a Target run this morning for meat and various other supplies and stuff. The Target in my town gives the carts a fresh wipe down as you walk in which is cool.

@Amber Petti I'm glad your uncle is ok and praying for your aunt
@Countrypami That's a nice looking setup you got there.
@Rob B. To get rid of the VU watermarks use a hosting site to upload your pics like imgbb.com or imgur.com and use the bb code link they provide.
@~Don~ I hope your ear infections get fixed.
@f1r3b1rd We homeschooled both of our kids through high school. We survived, you will.

My county's stats:
Cases 146
Active 62
Recovered 81
Deaths 3

Me, my wife, and the critters are all fine.

Now back to your normal SSDD programming...:D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Doc didn't reply, but a doc that was covering for her did.

Said she thinks I have wax build up... and attached this 5 day cleaning plan.

..."But if things get worse or you feel discomfort that is abnormal please contact us to have a look"

So I responded with the quoted part above... Umm, "This is why I contacted you all in the first place, its abnormal discomfort already, still want me to just irrigate for 5 days?

Continued with, "is it normal practice to irrigate when there is a possibility of infection and said ramifications of letting said possible infection run a course of an additional 5 days, or am I missing something that this magic Mineral Oil and warm water concoction rinse you want me to do being adequate? ... Doesn't seem very proactive...

Wife says I am mean, which I know I can be... but really... just think I jammed a Q tip in my ear and impacted wax against my ear drum... wash it with some mineral oil first and lets go from there... don't mind me saying my equilibrium is off... my ear drum is throbbing and me already saying I did an ear rinse with a rubber bulb syringe

I mean, I am not even close to being knowledgeable as a doctor... even with the years of helping the wife through nursing school... but I did stay at a...

:gaah:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is the part of the canned response that made me just say, "Ok, I am convinced people don't read or listen" Which I say A LOT...

View attachment 160320

4 out of 5... minus a week of home treatment...

I went through serious vertigo from inner ear problems a couple of years ago - all they did was give me a barf bag

My brother has a chronic disease that gives him on-your-ass vertigo for up to three days; they gave him a bucket and a helmet

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

A little juice from an onion will knock that ear infection right out, it works far better than anything you can get from Big Pharma, honestly

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, you've got an ear infection my friend.

Not much new here... Keeping busy by reconstructing my vape cave and cleaning/rearranging the office. The folks are getting their driveway re-paved, trucks woke me up at 8am! :gaah:

Before....
xLi649XpSB_znALnoDDyFs0xA12ACiH1fhq-0pbiUJwDF3J-G4TE67Aw0iasIKh8D8X-u3L7qHmVo9OTjwLsMxnh06-ATRP2btHLvo-IgNMu2Lg-tYD5hyPPDoAd8W3g9DXintZy7MtaDnGHkitFDyua1u-BXbiJp6CnuU9Cljh5xNZsf0uJXeY9AOSyf1Lo9i27I88e8MAGeE7wbXqYMikIc1MAtBZl7e0hhfLZz0_7fMowugTUGGj0WGZhxR0Bu3DadpkbPd-MPMAVL01WDFzlWuQfDAsfdm8FZOeQ5UpzL29PbDGHhkbSANAacbWkmPp3rznk_E0TaB21eoyVSsTdfdhlQRvqmtsaYrAm37HznFQ3gOVCshuDYAactix9j9dkMlHEkv_3YQBjbV6MliM0RapmnN8BlRlTsPZd6g0UKvIsrqck7OY7X_p4FDDYSzF9-Su86NXphcyU1eC14H1juZ3ywPjRUrZh078W77ljY8B_SaR6AfGIvv3wFVI2rOPiDNxMyn0EhSho-0mabeerk3a8kxbxUJHMijB2299NDHGDxHmPShHyYuiqpoxUhCVCYlUIiNyX0zH3L9CYBEAmsd2d8pOrpRxMKt-x9uN8cJffaVWS59qtbhwkQIg2ofyYOQxT32OZyd_yo9VnzdJXVAYnMkJo_vhm2N8pGtXoO1OB0numi1wKCEuukwLtJW6_qPDOQCoT9eoxsX8R7_uMVfLErSZG4qWGQfUAHdnK6RMcrVViDQSg=s933-no

After....
View attachment 160308 View attachment 160309

I haven't filled it up yet because I still need to secure it to the wall so it can't tip forwards.

Everyone's still healthy... Well, other than my yard which looks like an over grown jungle. It's been too wet to mow it yet :rolleyes:

Hope y'all are keeping in good spirits and finding things to entertain yourself with. :) I'm sorry for all of those who have loved ones that are sick.
That looks great Pami, wish I had that many flavors to play with.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wednesday check in: Just not feelin too good today:(, but Jean, my wife, is doin well and taking good care of me (I don't know what I'd do without her). Cold and wet day here so not missing much.:giggle: Hoping this thing will come to an end before winter, I'd like to get out and do something, anything:rolleyes:, but I honestly don't look for it.:( Everyone be patient, stay safe and healthy. I know staying at home gets old but so does laying in the hospital gasping for air.;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I went through serious vertigo from inner ear problems a couple of years ago - all they did was give me a barf bag

My brother has a chronic disease that gives him on-your-ass vertigo for up to three days; they gave him a bucket and a helmet

I had a thing once that Kaiser told me was VIRAL, that lasted about six weeks, made me dizzy and sick as a dog if I forgot myself and turned my head even slightly quickly. It came on me all of a sudden when I was driving my kids back from camp on Interstate 95 in the southern part of North Carolina, during a freaking pouring-down thunderstorm.

Docs at Kaiser had me move in certain ways while they were watching my eyes, said they could tell by the activity in my eyes that my equilibrium was disturbed. I took a prescription they gave me for the nausea until it ran out, then I bought Dramamine from the drugstore and lived on that the rest of the time. It actually did help.

My coworker actually had this same thing not too many years ago, maybe five or six. She's the only other person I've ever heard of who's had it.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had a thing once that Kaiser told me was VIRAL, that lasted about six weeks, made me dizzy and sick as a dog if I forgot myself and turned my head even slightly quickly. It came on me all of a sudden when I was driving my kids back from camp on Interstate 95 in the southern part of North Carolina, during a freaking pouring-down thunderstorm.

Docs at Kaiser had me move in certain ways while they were watching my eyes, said they could tell my the activity in my eyes that my equilibrium was disturbed. I took a prescription they gave me for the nausea until it ran out, then I bought Dramamine from the drugstore and lived on that the rest of the time. It actually did help.

My coworker actually had this same thing not too many years ago, maybe five or six. She's the only other person I've ever heard of who's had it.

Dang, good thing you recovered from it :hug:

VU Sponsors