Become a Patron!

Dani Mini Dicodes reading the resistance lower than DNA or another chipset?

Hi guys,
Anyone is using both Dicodes and DNA? I just wanna ask about Dicodes have the resistance lower than DNA?
For example my build: Clapton Ni80 gauge 26x38, 5 wraps, on my DaniMini it's run at 0.54-0.55 ohm. But on DNA60, it's run at 0.60ohm.
I tried too many kinds of the coil but Dicodes always lower 0.05-0.07 than DNA. It's that right?
Thank you so much for your help.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm not sure since I don't have any mods with Dicodes chipsets.
There are some mods with proprietary chipsets that show the ohms a little differently.
Is there a noticeable difference when you vape with each mod at the same wattage with the same RDA/RTA?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi guys,
Anyone is using both Dicodes and DNA? I just wanna ask about Dicodes have the resistance lower than DNA?
For example my build: Clapton Ni80 gauge 26x38, 5 wraps, on my DaniMini it's run at 0.54-0.55 ohm. But on DNA60, it's run at 0.60ohm.
I tried too many kinds of the coil but Dicodes always lower 0.05-0.07 than DNA. It's that right?
Thank you so much for your help.
Dicodes have always read just slightly lower for me, .02-.04. I'll assume that you're taking your readings with the coil at ambient temperature on both?

I'm not sure since I don't have any mods with Dicodes chipsets.
There are some mods with proprietary chipsets that show the ohms a little differently.
Is there a noticeable difference when you vape with each mod at the same wattage with the same RDA/RTA?
It's has a little difference. When I vape on Dicodes, I will use 25w but must push up to 27 on DNA with the same RTA/RDA/

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would not be overly concerned by a 0.0{x] +/- reading. The 0.07 might warrant being watched. If it doesn't creep to a 0.10 +/- though wouldn't see much issue. jmho, fwiw.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's has a little difference. When I vape on Dicodes, I will use 25w but must push up to 27 on DNA with the same RTA/RDA/

The chipsets are with no doubt reading ohms differently.
With the DNA I heard that it reads the ohms constantly. This is why the ohms change a little as you are using the vape. I heard that the cheap chipsets read the ohms at the beginning and that's all.
Dicodes are the opposite of cheap, more like high end.
There may be another way to read ohms that Dicodes uses.

Do you prefer one over the other?

The chipsets are with no doubt reading ohms differently.
With the DNA I heard that it reads the ohms constantly. This is why the ohms change a little as you are using the vape. I heard that the cheap chipsets read the ohms at the beginning and that's all.
Dicodes are the opposite of cheap, more like high end.
There may be another way to read ohms that Dicodes uses.

Do you prefer one over the other?
I'm not prefer anything. I just worry one of both or both have a problem. To present, my Dicodes are just lower than 0.1x ohm than DNA.

VU Sponsors