Become a Patron!

decision??

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not that impressed with the rdna 30 vapershark.. Build quality is not that great.. for one the positive and negative contacts are always pushing down making the battery go lose. Also there are gaps by the 510 pin leading into the inside of the device.. so juice can easily fall into it.. also the paint on it starts to chip away not too long after owning it.. I don't know.. maybe i am being too critical but for the price i paid i feel I shouldn't be having any of those issues.

were talking about the new rdna 40!!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not that impressed with the rdna 30 vapershark.. Build quality is not that great.. for one the positive and negative contacts are always pushing down making the battery go lose. Also there are gaps by the 510 pin leading into the inside of the device.. so juice can easily fall into it.. also the paint on it starts to chip away not too long after owning it.. I don't know.. maybe i am being too critical but for the price i paid i feel I shouldn't be having any of those issues.
all those issues have been fixed in the rdna40. the negative battery contact is spring loaded, the 510 is fully insulated, and the coating is kind of a high quality rubber like material that doesnt chip

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the DNA and not the rDNA but .... I know they mentioned changing the paint so there isn't a chipping issue as it had on older models. On my DNA the 510 connector is solid but I've had it less than a month also. In fact, the whole device feels rock solid.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all those issues have been fixed in the rdna40. the negative battery contact is spring loaded, the 510 is fully insulated, and the coating is kind of a high quality rubber like material that doesnt chip

Well then i stand to be corrected.. thought the rDNA 40 was same box different chip... Speaking of spring loaded negative contact.. that is a good idea.. may go to radio shack and pick up a spring and modified my negative contact.. Just push it all the way down and solder the spring to it.. should work easy peasy..

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well then i stand to be corrected.. thought the rDNA 40 was same box different chip... Speaking of spring loaded negative contact.. that is a good idea.. may go to radio shack and pick up a spring and modified my negative contact.. Just push it all the way down and solder the spring to it.. should work easy peasy..
sometimes vaporshark will offer to make upgrades to older devices when new ones come out with upgraded features. id contact them and see if they have anything like that going for the rdna30. they offered to upgrade all the 510 connections for the original vaporshark for free

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well thats what I'm leaning towards is a rdna40 because i feel like the p3 might not have enough power the way i wanted to try going and if i do get into rebuildables 40w should be plenty, i def don't need a 100w box mod for myself and also the vapor shark is small and compact which i like!!
I have a 100w box. It is way too much power I think for any true vaping. I am rockin' a Mutation x Clone @ 25 watts. 22 Ga. 2 coil build. 100% VG with some flavoring & Nic in it. Just for show. Over 40watts it burns too fast. Burnt cotton tastes like crap.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a 100w box. It is way too much power I think for any true vaping. I am rockin' a Mutation x Clone @ 25 watts. 22 Ga. 2 coil build. 100% VG with some flavoring & Nic in it. Just for show. Over 40watts it burns too fast. Burnt cotton tastes like crap.

My guess is someone will give you a new 260 watt device for Xmas lol.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My guess is someone will give you a new 260 watt device for Xmas lol.
Yea, Used to tell Cops, just because I have the power, don't mean I'm going to use it. But it\s there if I need it. Completely chrome 750 Honda motorcycles, attract their attention for some reason. Go figure.

VU Sponsors