Become a Patron!

density/volume

FortyEight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to get some better density over volume in vapor production. if that makes any sense. you know those heavy hits that you cant see daylight through and just fall right to the floor almost like they have more weight to them. I have a patriot that I made the 2 holes at 7/64 and it worked tits. drilled out to 1/8 and made more vapor but lost the density (on the same coil build). reason I am asking is that I have another atty w stock airholes that I am going to drill and just wanted some input. I have seen and hit off rigs that had a bunch of 1/16 holes all around the circumference of the top cap and they really chucked it, however those were 0.1 builds and I like to stay at 0.3 or 0.4. so I was wondering should I go w 2 @ 7/64s that worked well or try more smaller holes? has anyone had experience one way or the other? perfect airflow seems like such a fine line.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Air is a big thing. Ejuice is another. 100% VG with a little PG flavoring added to taste will make clouds like a tire fire. The hardest vapor atomizers I have are the Tobeco Atty, both in 23mm & 28.5mm. This is from the 28.5, 100% VG with a single 8 wrap .24 coil. Air vents full open. Not drilled. I would show a better pic, but my arms are not long enough.0801142327.jpg Very little taste at all. I just show off with it. PG carries flavor.

FortyEight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice. You are fogging it in that pic. I'm guessing you ride by your forum name, mine is a bike reference as well. So since my post I ended up doing a different build in my 1/8 hole patriot w larger wire and am happy w it again. I also drilled my new atty w 7/64 holes same build as patriot and they both chuck it nicely w 90/10 juice. Only difference I can see is that the smaller holes give a bit more warmth and flavor, other than that they both are giving nice results vapor production wise. Have to get some higher amp batteries and then in can play w some lower resistance builds until then I'm not complaining.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I have been riding 51 years. Spent all my money on Harleys, Women & Booze, the rest I just wasted. 4 older Ladies were taking a break @ a local grocery store yesterday. I had a Stingray with a Tobeco Atty in my vest pocket. They were sitting on a bench smoking. I walked up, said Hi Ladies, took an epic draw off the atty and delivered a cloud most would be proud of. Smiled and went shopping. They just sat there with their jaws hitting their lap. :cool: Sometimes it pays to be me.

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A Atty with a smaller chamber will give you those dense clouds your looking for, check out the cyclone and atomic

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
100% VG will gunk up your coils fast. I only use 20/80 and the guy that competes at the vape shop uses 20/80. More air = bigger but thinner fog, less air = less fog but thicker. Think of it like.. you are getting more air to fog in your lungs with bigger holes. Like watered down ketchup. lol You get more, but its not at thick. And.. try building a coil with flat kanthal, more surface area = thicker vape, less surface = better flavor. A clapton is a flavor coil. **Edit** So I tried a flattened out kanthal wire, I just whacked it with a hammer until it squished. Even though it didn't have the same perfection as a factory pressed wire, it gave me a sample. I rolled is like I would a regular coil.. no spaces and was less than happy. I'll wait for the factory kanthal to arrive and try a spaced coil, in theory, the space will allow more juice and the flattened surface will allow more surface area coverage. That, in addition to the improved wicking from the spaced coil, hopefully will give the desired results. Much thicker clouds (count airflow as equal, say half open, for the sake of a controlled variable comparison) *edit end*

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...And.. try building a coil with flat kanthal, more surface area = thicker vape, less surface = b A clapton is a flavor coil.
"A Clapton is a flavor coil" contradicts your statement of "more surface area = thicker vape", unless I'm misunderstanding!?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
"A Clapton is a flavor coil" contradicts your statement of "more surface area = thicker vape", unless I'm misunderstanding!?

You are. The clapton doesn't actually heat the entire coil, the core heats the wraps, the wraps trap more juice, juice vaporizes faster hence clapton is a flavor coil

now, a dual or tripple strand parallel coil, doesn't trap much juice, but has a massive surface area... I think a twisted wire would do the same thing, but a lot easier. lol.

VU Sponsors