Become a Patron!

Deployment preps

So this is my second deployment since starting to vape. First deployment was good, well, kind of. I left on the trip with four 30 mL bottles of juice. Had plenty of wire and cotton. Fast forward 30 days in and panic and fear sets in. I'm running out of juice fast. Email the wife and ask her to send me some in a care package. Mail in GTMO isn't the most reliable or quickest thing in the world. Fortunately the mail arrives hours before leaving. She ended up sending four more bottles to me. Huge relief. I swore from that point I would never run out again. So as I prepare to leave for this trip, I have over 400 mL ready to go. Hopefully I don't get tired of the flavors...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well first of all glad you found us yesterday right before you got deployed!

And a most sincere thank you for your service!

400 ml of E-:Liquid is nothing to sneeze at by a long shot.

What kind of hardware are you using and how are you set up for a charging station?

And what branch of the service are you in and what is the official stance on vaping?

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got your juice, and as UncleRJ said thanks for your service!

Thanks for your support. I have been active duty Coast Guard for 17 years. I believe that the common stance on vaping throughout my service is that is treated just like smoking. There are designated smoking areas and vapers are required to vape in those places. I do believe that there is less stigma associated with vaping though. We definitely do not get the glares and nasty comments. Being in the service there is naturally a brotherhood, but adding vaping to it increases the brotherhood. Everyone shares flavors, comments, and build suggestions. It really passes the time when the routine gets to be too common.

I am currently using a Fuhattan mod and a Tugboat RDA. Building new coils and rigs also adds to killing time. The way i see it I have plenty of time to kill, may as well use it to try new things. I planned to have multiple batteries ready to go, always have an extra battery within reach. I am using a a Nitecore i4. Charges fairly quickly compared to some of the chargers I have seen some other guys use.

Going to be a good trip now that i am prepared and more knowledgeable in the whole process of building.

Great forum here.

VU Sponsors