Become a Patron!

Desperate new RDA help required

SeeD86

Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg
Above is my new rda and my first rda, i have had a rba and a rta befor both velocity style decks
So my problem is with this new iconic rda i cant get a build right, i have used claptons, staggered fused claptons
Even just basic kanthal and no matter what its ohms are allways like .5 higher than what it shuld be
And i keep getting shots even though the coil isnt touching anything

Plz plz how do i build on this thing, every vid i watch raves about how eaaasy it is to build on, yet 8 hours later and still not a single working build
It seems like it never wants to clamp down evenly theres allways one lead that ends up being lose, and its not posible to fasten down the screws tighter without striping it
Whos idea was it to make a cock eyed clamp like this
40$ is alot for a piece of useless juck that cant be taken back since for somereason metal is now a tobbaco product magicly

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What are you using to determine that your ohms are incorrect? Are you testing your build on an ohm meter and then it shows differently on the mod?

If it is showing as a short then something is either being done incorrectly or you have a defective piece of hardware.

Can you show us a picture of your build and how you have come to your conclusions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Use a cotton wick instead of steel wire wool!

Can you post up some picks of one of your builds?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40$ is alot for a piece of useless juck that cant be taken back since for somereason metal is now a tobbaco product magicly
That was a simple $40 lesson on B&M nonsense. Also it suggests you likely did no research foremost, and still don't know what you are doing: that's a bad combination, hoss.

SeeD86

Member For 1 Year
That was a simple $40 lesson on B&M nonsense. Also it suggests you likely did no research foremost, and still don't know what you are doing: that's a bad combination, hoss.
Actually i did reserch and i do know what im doing, im no "pro" but i can build astandard coil, your assumeing some things there

But regardless im useing.... Well iv used multiple coils like ic said from 5 wrap fat couls like flat claptons or stappled staggered fused, to even the most basic of coils like a standard 5 wrap 24ga kanthol

The problem seems to be in the clamps, allmostl every time one of the 4 leads will be loose, or if i can get it right by the time im done testing coil eveness and wicking it will be loose by the end of the build

As for how i come to my conclusion im useing 2 .3 ohm coils and my ohm reader is reading like .6+ lol kinda backwards there

SeeD86

Member For 1 Year
Also been haveing issues with another rta of mine allways reading a short when there is clearly no metal touching any where . Just been a bad week for me i guess XD

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The problem seems to be in the clamps, allmostl every time one of the 4 leads will be loose, or if i can get it right by the time im done testing coil eveness and wicking it will be loose by the end of the build
Well that's never going to do you any favours, you need to persevere and get everything tightened properly otherwise you will have problems.

As for how i come to my conclusion im useing 2 .3 ohm coils and my ohm reader is reading like .6+ lol kinda backwards there
sounds like you've managed to either connected the coils up in series or you aren't using your ohmmeter properly!

Like I said earlier have you got any close up pictures you can post of a build with this problem. Ideally include one which shows your ohmmeter connected up so we can see what it is reading and where you are sticking your probes

SeeD86

Member For 1 Year
Uhhh yeah i got a lackluster build in there now thats working, not the best coil heating but its putting out vape for now, when i go and attempt the ssfc coils agin ill show you

As for fastening them down thats the issue when i screw down the clamps they will be nice and tight on 3 out of 4 ports but forsome reason one will be just loose enough
Im thinking the clamp part its self was made wrong, as in a micro sized error in clamp size cuz its allways that one port

But yeal ill have pics up later
Would be nice if they had this air flow set up but on a velocity or split post set up, this L clamp set up is just ugh, didnt realize it was going to be such a pain lol

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno.. Those clamp-widgets always looked whacko to me..

I can build the 502-clone, wasp nano, haku-clone, tobeco velocity v2, taifuns, kayfuns, monsters, rose v3, pulse24, etc - all without throwing it across the room. Yes, there is a reason I've avoided those clamps - as I said in line 1. I even pulled the clamps out of the 502-clone: too much damned bother.

I've also suffered a few atty - folks will know them - that had us poking wire thru the same holes and opposite sides. THOSE didn't last long.

I'd just get a $10 clone and move on.. Your $40 investment can be put aside now and returned to - or sold, or gifted later - much later.

Oh, and simple wire - everyone underestimates simple wire.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and simple wire - everyone underestimates simple wire.

I'm starting not to underestimate it. That's all the already made ones I got happen to be, 24 awg Kanthal A1. At 0.50 ohms they do well enough. But of course, I still piddle with building the fancy stuff a bit. That however isn't holding my passion as it once did.

VU Sponsors