Become a Patron!

Did you ever read a Sign or Picture backwards or see something else?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the time but I am an old man. It is different at my age. I never used to. Like a neighbor had a door mat that of course said welcome. I looked down at it and had to look again because I thought it said go to hell! I am not going to say how old I am but getting old is messed up. I am far from crazy(yet) and am still a top Engineer. Just sometimes now i see things wrong if I do not pay attention. I think at your age you are talking about something entirely different! The Human brain only needs to see 7 letters to form a complete sentence they recognize. I don't know your age of course but I am sure you are much younger than me.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All the time but I am an old man. It is different at my age. I never used to. Like a neighbor had a door mat that of course said welcome. I looked down at it and had to look again because I thought it said go to hell! I am not going to say how old I am but getting old is messed up. I am far from crazy(yet) and am still a top Engineer. Just sometimes now i see things wrong if I do not pay attention. I think at your age you are talking about something entirely different! The Human brain only needs to see 7 letters to form a complete sentence they recognize. I don't know your age of course but I am sure you are much younger than me.

Haha! My mental acuity has come into question these last 2 years. I will assume the 27 in your Nic isn't the year you were born. I'm 57. I don't know why but I really do read thing backwards more than I would like. Driving and reading backassward like store names on marquees or even the big name above stores, reading on the computer or in reading a book I have to read the paragraph twice. And, the lovely ability to type backwards. That one pisses me off. My new eyeglasses should arrive by the end of the month but I know it won't help - lol. Yay! Eye Mail!

Anyway, just looking at that photo before I read anything about it was just one of many odd things that are happening. I don't think or old at all but I sure feel like it, a lot. I was watching the VP Debate last night and was watching the composure of each man. Just when I thought to myself that Pence looked great in the face but had some age wrinkles I was thinking of their age then boom, their ages popped up - Pence is 2 years older than me at 59.

I'm glad you are still highly regarded a professional in your field.

This goofy stuff in getting old stinks.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh. I thought you were much younger because you mentioned your dad watching TV. I thought you were like 18-20 Lol. Trust me getting old gets worse. Well here goes, I am 75. Not much older than the Candidates. So you can still do a good job. You are right though it really kicks in at about 60 but people do get old at 40 too.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My mother and father just turned 76. They're as spunky and fun as they always have been.
Yeah. My 30 year old son "baby" told me last week that he was old.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, many say I still often act 15 but years of work have taken a toll on my bones. I actually still run. Albeit, slower than I did when I was 25. No way possible I could beat my College track numbers.

Tell him "30" is still a kid Lol. Honestly once I was like 50 I did not feel 18 and 21 respectively are adults. They send poor 18 year old's to battle. That's not fair really. I honestly think the brain is not fully developed until you are 25. I am an Engineer and do have a Doctorate but I am not a MD so just my life's experience feelings. Heck a 16 year old is a lot more likely to have an accident than a 40 year old. That is a proven fact unfortunately. 16 is a baby, so why can they drive a potentially lethal machine? Just my feelings.

Hey, that's great too your parents are active. My Dad passed but my Mom is 98! In fact she still lives alone with some help. Now, that I guess, is "old". Even though she is still sharp as a tack. In fact my Mom still calls me her "little baby" HAHA. I guess that is just a Mom thing.

Anyways as for not having as quick visual acuity I do think that is age related unfortunately. It can have onset as early as the 40's. It is by no means dementia however. Just aging. So anything important just read with your full attention as I do. Mistaking a quick internet link is not a big deal.

VU Sponsors