Become a Patron!

Did you Purchase a IPV V3 Pioneer4You or plan to poll nice or not state your opinions

Did you buy a IPV V3 Pioneer4You? state your opinons nice or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well after deep thought and offing a few uneeded items on Ebay today I decided to buy the IPV V3
I guess its either Karma or damnation as I went to Ebay and just felt uncomfortable.
So I knew that 101vapes has some.. Well they did... I jumped on the page and there it was the very last one
they had in stock.. so I placed my special secret coupon got 10.00 off and with shipping lower than Ebay

Did I buy it for 150 Watts.. no way I bought it for the dual batteries as I use mechs for subohm builds
however, after alot of thought I figured I will probably never go below .3 ohms and thats rare
but now I can go out and about with dual batteries and vape a nice 1.2 -1.5 ohm atomizer..

Whats everyones thought on this spice it up let it out.. Scream rant explain I think its important that we all
have our reasons...I bought.MIne for the dual batteries I have a IPV V2 that will be going up for sale on here once I get the new one... low cost by the way probably a contest of the mind...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did it ..Did I waste a 135?

Thank you for shopping with 101 Vape!

Order details

Order: BLANKED placed on 10-24-2014 20:57:50
Payment: Secured credit card

Reference Product Unit price Quantity Total price
150 watt IPV 3 by Pioneer4you - Color : Black $139.99 1 $139.99
Voucher name: $10 voucher
Products $139.99
Discounts $10.00
Shipping $5.99
Tax $0.00
Total paid $135.98

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To those with attention deficit issues just scroll to the last line for the gist lol.

I bought mine for a combination of the battery life and a watt increase. I was using a 15w device before this one. I do not need nor use the 150 but I needed more than the 15 I had access to previously. I considered quite a few devices such as the ipv2, authentic Hana, Cana, T8, Sig 100, Sig 50w, but I ended up going with the ipv3 preorder based on the dual battery life, touch sensor, charging port, 7-150 range, and I also liked the look and overall size.

When I placed the preorder I was also interested in the option of the touch sensor. I had read many comments on the dislikes of the touch sensor but I wanted to decide for myself how I felt about it; which is why I was one of the ones that were frustrated and let down when after it had shipped the announcement was made that it was non functioning. During that time the charging cable was also announced that it was going to be an extra rather than included. This was lame as well but I had no real intentions of charging that way, but I did like the idea of it being an option for me if needed.

Did you waste your money? Unless you get a dud and have to deal with Asmodus or returning to 101 I think you should have a good functioning device. The buttons are in the Hana style and they feel a bit cheap. Mine does what I need it to and it does it well so far. I received mine on 10/11 and have been using it exclusively since without any signs of glitch or problems. So while I am not happy about the changes that were made to the description after my purchase I am happy with the functioning of the ipv3.

I use rda, rba, and tanks like the nauty mini, and kayfun clones when I am out and about and it handles them all well. If you are looking for a wrap for the device you can go here http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/architectural-markets/home/product-catalog/~/All-3MProducts/Industry-and-Professionals/Construction-Building-Supplies/1Architectural-Finishes/1Surface-Finishes?N=8702981 2891&rt=c3 select up to 5 sample pieces. You can double the 5 sample sheets during checkout as well and then make your own template. Of course 3m is not going to have some of the cool designs that j-wraps has but when I went there the ipv3 was not an option at j-wraps and 3m was free and the quality of the 3m is really good and they have cool options such as wood, stone, carbon, white board, and many others. Right now I have wood on the two sides. Thinking about switching to the carbon though. Anyways just an option that can save a few bucks, the sheets are 7-3/4" X 8-3/4" so they can be used on many things.

So the bottom line is while I am not thrilled with P4U I am happy with the functioning of the ipv3.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To those with attention deficit issues just scroll to the last line for the gist lol.

I bought mine for a combination of the battery life and a watt increase. I was using a 15w device before this one. I do not need nor use the 150 but I needed more than the 15 I had access to previously. I considered quite a few devices such as the ipv2, authentic Hana, Cana, T8, Sig 100, Sig 50w, but I ended up going with the ipv3 preorder based on the dual battery life, touch sensor, charging port, 7-150 range, and I also liked the look and overall size.

When I placed the preorder I was also interested in the option of the touch sensor. I had read many comments on the dislikes of the touch sensor but I wanted to decide for myself how I felt about it; which is why I was one of the ones that were frustrated and let down when after it had shipped the announcement was made that it was non functioning. During that time the charging cable was also announced that it was going to be an extra rather than included. This was lame as well but I had no real intentions of charging that way, but I did like the idea of it being an option for me if needed.

Did you waste your money? Unless you get a dud and have to deal with Asmodus or returning to 101 I think you should have a good functioning device. The buttons are in the Hana style and they feel a bit cheap. Mine does what I need it to and it does it well so far. I received mine on 10/11 and have been using it exclusively since without any signs of glitch or problems. So while I am not happy about the changes that were made to the description after my purchase I am happy with the functioning of the ipv3.

I use rda, rba, and tanks like the nauty mini, and kayfun clones when I am out and about and it handles them all well. If you are looking for a wrap for the device you can go here http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/architectural-markets/home/product-catalog/~/All-3MProducts/Industry-and-Professionals/Construction-Building-Supplies/1Architectural-Finishes/1Surface-Finishes?N=8702981 2891&rt=c3 select up to 5 sample pieces. You can double the 5 sample sheets during checkout as well and then make your own template. Of course 3m is not going to have some of the cool designs that j-wraps has but when I went there the ipv3 was not an option at j-wraps and 3m was free and the quality of the 3m is really good and they have cool options such as wood, stone, carbon, white board, and many others. Right now I have wood on the two sides. Thinking about switching to the carbon though. Anyways just an option that can save a few bucks, the sheets are 7-3/4" X 8-3/4" so they can be used on many things.

So the bottom line is while I am not thrilled with P4U I am happy with the functioning of the ipv3.
Great explanation brother Yeah I had forgot they did turn off the touch sensor but that is in software I bet I am sure in time I will find a way to turn her on
I use the touch sensor all the time on the IPV V2 I doubt I will miss it if I cannot find a way... I should have included I also bought it for its specs if anyone has doubts go to steam-engine.org they have them alil listed and show what they can really do

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great explanation brother Yeah I had forgot they did turn off the touch sensor but that is in software I bet I am sure in time I will find a way to turn her on
I use the touch sensor all the time on the IPV V2 I doubt I will miss it if I cannot find a way... I should have included I also bought it for its specs if anyone has doubts go to steam-engine.org they have them alil listed and show what they can really do
Thanks.

This thread on ecf http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/613210-ipv3-closer-look.html shows that the touch sensor on his unit is completely disconnected and will never work. I believe it is because of the placement of the charging port as they are essentially placed in the same area. I don't remember where he got his though and there is a chance it could of been a sample unit which was not suppose to come with a functioning touch sensor anyways.

I have gotten over the issue and just enjoy the device for what it offers which are great so far.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for the 3M links, bookmarked! :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.

This thread on ecf http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/613210-ipv3-closer-look.html shows that the touch sensor on his unit is completely disconnected and will never work. I believe it is because of the placement of the charging port as they are essentially placed in the same area. I don't remember where he got his though and there is a chance it could of been a sample unit which was not suppose to come with a functioning touch sensor anyways.

I have gotten over the issue and just enjoy the device for what it offers which are great so far.
Ohh thats all hahah I will fix that realy quick... I open everything my IPV V2 has already been apart from my understanding it was turned off due to the whining by enough people that if you get it wet it stays on you can test this yourself drop a couple drops of water on the touch sensor on the IPV V2 haha it never turns off I even tried waxing it to fake it out no go... I burned up quite a few micro coils this way

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh thats all hahah I will fix that realy quick... I open everything my IPV V2 has already been apart from my understanding it was turned off due to the whining by enough people that if you get it wet it stays on you can test this yourself drop a couple drops of water on the touch sensor on the IPV V2 haha it never turns off I even tried waxing it to fake it out no go... I burned up quite a few micro coils this way
Looking forward to your fix on it as I never was given the chance to decide if I liked it or not.

Didn't mean to derail your thread with that dead horse.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.

Yeah I set back took my month vacation from the board and enjoyed the real word no computer job just vaping for myself and decided I wanted dual batteries in a regulated device and since my IPV V2 has been dropped so many times on the tile, concrete at least 20 times and it only has a couple nicks I decided to go with the IPV V3 maybe thats what I should do start up the Vaping drop test site haha

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.

Ahhh I see no circuitry for touch sensor no worky however when I was looking at the board I did see the solder points for connecting one if you can get a touch sensor that is compatible... ahhh my eyes are awoken in more than one way.. NOw I am mad you made me log into that place... haha ohh wait Im on my 10th user ID... they can never ban me hehe j/j I am not mad I do rarely log in but had to ta see the pics well if the firmware also disabled this will be impossible because they have the source code arggg.. whatever I think they did push this thing out fast to satisfy all the low ohm users .1 etc since I never go below .3 I dont care really just that battery life... I was suprised at the build quality though better that I thought it would be... from the pics but that wire cut that is I think what made my Cana catch fire on me ..

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I set back took my month vacation from the board and enjoyed the real word no computer job just vaping for myself and decided I wanted dual batteries in a regulated device and since my IPV V2 has been dropped so many times on the tile, concrete at least 20 times and it only has a couple nicks I decided to go with the IPV V3 maybe thats what I should do start up the Vaping drop test site haha
Good to know the ipv2 is built solid, means the 3 should be just as solid.
There you go, lots of mod companies lining up to be ranked high in the drop test.

Ahhh I see no circuitry for touch sensor no worky however when I was looking at the board I did see the solder points for connecting one if you can get a touch sensor that is compatible... ahhh my eyes are awoken in more than one way.. NOw I am mad you made me log into that place... haha ohh wait Im on my 10th user ID... they can never ban me hehe j/j I am not mad I do rarely log in but had to ta see the pics well if the firmware also disabled this will be impossible because they have the source code arggg.. whatever I think they did push this thing out fast to satisfy all the low ohm users .1 etc since I never go below .3 I dont care really just that battery life... I was suprised at the build quality though better that I thought it would be... from the pics but that wire cut that is I think what made my Cana catch fire on me ..
Yes, the pics show it being disconnected, so firmware would not do anything for that. There is a chance though that his unit was a sample, if I remember correctly he bought his in a store at about the same time I got my tracking # from eciggity so he may have had a sample unit. I have not had the guts to crack mine open though since I don't want to void my warranty. When you get yours if you crack it open let me know if it is void of circuitry or not. Would be interesting to know since yours is further down the line than the first batches and obviously the sample units.

lol I don't usually link ecf threads here as I know many are banned or just have a disdain for that place but it is the only place I have seen the internals being shown.

A wire like the one shown would be a suspect in your Cana catching fire if it shared that problem. I wish the nicked wire was not in those pics but it is what it is and other than the nicked wire it is like you said pretty damn clean in there.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Cool. You can wrap quite a few mods with that many.

That is even more awesome! Its the Cloupor T6 that I have my eye on wrapping, but I may also want to wrap my old Cana too .. I ordered three different finishes at 2ea. But then I will still have the task of actually making a proper template and not screwing it up .. I wish I had a beater box to practice on. :oops:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good to know the ipv2 is built solid, means the 3 should be just as solid.
There you go, lots of mod companies lining up to be ranked high in the drop test.

Yes, the pics show it being disconnected, so firmware would not do anything for that. There is a chance though that his unit was a sample, if I remember correctly he bought his in a store at about the same time I got my tracking # from eciggity so he may have had a sample unit. I have not had the guts to crack mine open though since I don't want to void my warranty. When you get yours if you crack it open let me know if it is void of circuitry or not. Would be interesting to know since yours is further down the line than the first batches and obviously the sample units.

lol I don't usually link ecf threads here as I know many are banned or just have a disdain for that place but it is the only place I have seen the internals being shown.

A wire like the one shown would be a suspect in your Cana catching fire if it shared that problem. I wish the nicked wire was not in those pics but it is what it is and other than the nicked wire it is like you said pretty damn clean in there.
Yeah the nicked wire makes me have to open it up now...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Appreciate the call out , i definitely got that , saved me a lot of reading and reading stuff that doesn't hold my interest just doesn't work.

VU Sponsors