Become a Patron!

Differences in devices with same atty

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok peps, I'm pretty sure I'm not totally nuts and am experiencing variations in chip performance but wanted your thoughts.
I came from sx m that had 350j board. My sweet spot seemed to hover around 450 degrees and 32j. That was pretty consistent between sub ohm tanks or my rta.
Moving on I just got the sig 75 tc. It's a great little device. However on order to get close to the same vape (flavor or clouds ) I am at 520 degrees and 50w. I realize the are diff between joules and watts but didn't think that much. Also sig appears to have their own chip on this device so there is limited info on it. It's a nice vape but strange on the big differences in settings. I no longer have the sx m to compare with in case my tastes suddenly changed lolol.
Thoughts ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using the sx330v3sl chip I like between 420-450 and 25-30j. Unfortunately I don't have a Sig TC device to compare it to. The temp number does seem high compared to what I'm used to. Maybe a different algorithm, but you would think the numbers would be closer.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Using the sx330v3sl chip I like between 420-450 and 25-30j. Unfortunately I don't have a Sig TC device to compare it to. The temp number does seem high compared to what I'm used to. Maybe a different algorithm, but you would think the numbers would be closer.
Yea I would have thought closer as well. That's what made me start thinking about this. My dual nickle coil .07 ,28g is running at 530F, 40 w and just slightly warm. Interesting I think lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm getting curious. Do you have an atty that you used with the SXM in wattage mode? If so try it on the Sig in wattage mode and see if it's the same or if you need an increased wattage. I like to experiment lol

Edit I'm curious if you would just need to boost in TC or if it would be across the board (TC and Power Mode)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I don't have the sx anymore to try out. I've only used tc exclusively now for past 6 months lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So much for that lol :p . What I was getting at is I have a IPV3 Li and a IPV2S. I believe they both use different variations of the 330 board (the 2S is not a TC device). Anyway, I just received the Billow V2 in Black and set it up with dual 32ga twisted Kanthal A1 (.6 ohm). I tested it on both mods and the wattage needed to get my desired vape was nearly identical.

The Billow V2 in SS and Black
IMG_20150808_122103_zpssco0odge.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
So much for that lol . What I was getting at is I have a IPV3 Li and a IPV2S. I believe they both use different variations of the 330 board (the 2S is not a TC device). Anyway, I just received the Billow V2 in Black and set it up with dual 32ga twisted Kanthal A1 (.6 ohm). I tested it on both mods and the wattage needed to get my desired vape was nearly identical.

The Billow V2 in SS and Black
IMG_20150808_122103_zpssco0odge.jpg
Freaking love my billows v2. Mine in stainless. Dual 28 g NI200 11 wraps at .07 is a great vape. I b would expect both your mods to be similar since they are the 330 board just variations. I will have to take my gf ipv mini original and do some comparisons against the sig in power mode. Not sure if sig 150 is a yihi board or not. May try one of those a faint their sig 75 too lolol

VU Sponsors