Become a Patron!

Dinner Lady - Lemon Tart (Clone)

Good morning VU,

When I just started vaping, Dinner Lady - Lemon Tart was among my top 3 e-liquids. Unfortunately, it was SO expensive for me to buy in Germany because of liquid tax. Over the course of the last year I have been dabbling in DIY e-liquid, and always had the urge to clone my favorite liquids. I lucked out on my favorite watermelon liquid because the company that makes it has finally released the aroma versions of their liquids. That just left me with the Lemon Tart challenge at hand.

I've went through countless lemon tart clones and remixes on ELR and ATF, but most of them were SO far from the liquid I know and love. Then I got lucky, and found a recipe from 2020 that was the closest clone of DLLT I've yet to try. But something was missing, and at first I couldn't put my finger on it. So I went and got an original DLLT and then got to work.

I read the ingredients list, or better to say "the safety sheet", and found the following ingredients in descending order of amounts contained within: Malic Acid, Vanillin, Citral, Acetyl Pyrazine, Lime

Malic acid comes from the FA Apple Pie.

Vanillin comes from a few different concentrates within.

Citral is contained in the lemon concentrates, and possibly in the lime.

Acetyl Pyrazine comes from the Acetyl Pyrazine.

And the lime comes from FA Lime Cold Pressed.

So now with that out of the way, I'm not sure if the ingredients I used are the same ones that Dinner Lady used, but my mix is the same color, smells identical, and tastes the same. You guys can judge whether it's an actual clone, or something else.

The recipe can be found on ATF: https://alltheflavors.com/recipe/dinner_lady__lemon_tart_2

The Image is for color comparison 😅
F4FDC112-2CB3-4EEB-B8C7-814D34971D0E.jpeg

I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do! If you do, or don't, please leave a rating and a comment on the recipe page so I can learn and further improve my mixes.

P.S. If I can give just one tip, make a one shot of this, and use at 15%. Even having the aromas together for one day before mixing is a huge help. I'd mix the one shot, let it sit for 3 days, and then mix together with nic+base.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll definitely try your recipe! DLLT is my all time fav juice! I have tried countless recipes too but none had nailed the recipe. Even Nick Evans a fantastic UK mixer & recipe creator couldn't clone it.

Kudos to you for not giving up!

I'll definitely try your recipe! DLLT is my all time fav juice! I have tried countless recipes too but none had nailed the recipe. Even Nick Evans a fantastic UK mixer & recipe creator couldn't clone it.

Kudos to you for not giving up!
Nick's uses VT Lemon Meringue Tart. That flavor tastes like a lemon urinal cake to me, and unfortunately I found that out the hard way. I DO absolutely love his shattered lemon mix. That's one of my all time favs.

This was the original mix that I found: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3629628/real dinner lady lemon Tart clone/remix #5 almost there

I made a few versions of his mix, playing with the percentages, but in every one, something was missing. It was the meringue. The apple pie was just a guess, as the original has Malic acid inside. It was either FA Apple Pie, or TPA Sour which is Malic acid suspended in PG. I didn't taste much sour coming from the original dinner lady, and since the pie crust is just so amazing in the original, i went with FA Apple Pie as my MA source. It also does a miraculous job at emulating a pie crust. I'm drooling just thinking about it. 🤣

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed & drumroll……… OMG I think you nailed it! Finger taste test is very promising :cheers: It smells like it too! Even with an opps a little too much super sweet & Nic.

we had a contest years back here for everyone to try & recreate DLLT, you will be the 1st to successfully clone it. We will all have to bow down to you!!! :inlove:

I‘m dying to try it but you said to steep for 7 days, sooooo, I will try waiting lol!

:(Bull City now only carries 3 of Chemnovatic’s flavors. I need more Lemon & Cookie. Where is everyone buying Chemnovatic flavors?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sneaked some to try…..ok I sneaked a lot lol! It’s delicious! And smells exactly like the original, and tastes almost exactly the same, In mine I’m tasting a little less lemon but it could be because I accidentally added more sweetener & nic.

i ordered 60 ml of the Chemnovatic Cookie & Lemon Cream Wafer from Dashvapes they’re located in Canada, I’m in the US.

I can’t find the Chemnovatic Lemon anywhere but at DIY Vapor Supply (US) but they’re expensive @ $9.99 for 30ml with $4.99 shipping I would’ve still ordered but they will only let me order 1-30ml bottle. I think I’m going to try subbing the Lemon with FA Lemon & see how it goes.

kudos to you @IggyZ ! You did it! :vino: :bliss::bliss::vino:
everyone that loves the original Dinner Lady Lemon Tart needs to try IggZ’s recipe! :inlove:

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So miss the lemon tart from dinner lady, I did get 1 shots, but didn't find them as good, I don't think I have any of them flavors, but if it's that good, I may have to get them and give it a go :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I
So miss the lemon tart from dinner lady, I did get 1 shots, but didn't find them as good, I don't think I have any of them flavors, but if it's that good, I may have to get them and give it a go :)
i remember you also loved the original DLLT, I also tried the one shot & like you I found it wasn’t as good.

I do feel it’s that good. It’s the best recipe, so many people have tried cloning it here in the US & UK And none were even close to this recipe. trust me, I tried a lot of the clone recipes, I mean a lot, lol! @IggyZ was the only person to think of looking up the safety sheet & found this:

“I read the ingredients list, or better to say "the safety sheet", and found the following ingredients in descending order of amounts contained within: Malic Acid, Vanillin, Citral, Acetyl Pyrazine, Lime

Malic acid comes from the FA Apple Pie.”

Vanillin comes from a few different concentrates within.

Citral is contained in the lemon concentrates, and possibly in the lime.

Acetyl Pyrazine comes from the Acetyl Pyrazine.

And the lime comes from FA Lime Cold Pressed.

IMHO totally worth a mix.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Chemnovatic Cookie & Lemon Cream Wafer from Dashvapes got delivered via USPS yesterday from Florida, pretty quick. I can mix this recipe now for a while a least. Hopefully the FA Lemon Sicily will be a good sub for the CNV Lemon.

I'm really enjoying this recipe, it may not be exactly the same as the original but I'm happily enjoying it nonetheless & I didn't even let it steep for the 7 days as recommended by @IggyZ

Last edited:
The Chemnovatic Cookie & Lemon Cream Wafer from Dashvapes got delivered via USPS yesterday from Florida, pretty quick. I can mix this recipe now for a while a least. Hopefully the FA Lemon Sicily will be a good sub for the CNV Lemon.

I'm really enjoying this recipe, it may not be exactly the same as the original but I'm happily enjoying it nonetheless & I didn't even let it steep for the 7 days as recommended by @IggyZ
Only problem with FA lemon Sicily is that it fades extremely quickly, yet cnv sticks around. Just mix smaller bottles, and when the lemon starts to fade, add some more.

With your substitution, the recipe is different. Yes, you replaced a lemon with another lemon, but I was trying to create a perfect facsimile, and FA lemon Sicily didn't do it for me. If it works for you, great! But I have a bottle of dinner lady that's a year old and the lemon still hasn't faded. There's only 2-3 lemons on the market that can do that. As i wanted to boost cnv lemon cream wafer, I found the cnv lemon to be the best one. It's really an amazing lemon. Probably one of my favorites for all uses where one needs a lemon.

It makes me so happy that you guys are liking this!!! It took A LOT of trial and error, and a lot of going through supposed clones that tasted nothing like the original. This is as close to the original as I have gotten, but have thought about playing with the %s again when my last 30 ml runs out. For the moment, this recipe stays as is. 😉

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only problem with FA lemon Sicily is that it fades extremely quickly, yet cnv sticks around. Just mix smaller bottles, and when the lemon starts to fade, add some more.

With your substitution, the recipe is different. Yes, you replaced a lemon with another lemon, but I was trying to create a perfect facsimile, and FA lemon Sicily didn't do it for me. If it works for you, great! But I have a bottle of dinner lady that's a year old and the lemon still hasn't faded. There's only 2-3 lemons on the market that can do that. As i wanted to boost cnv lemon cream wafer, I found the cnv lemon to be the best one. It's really an amazing lemon. Probably one of my favorites for all uses where one needs a lemon.
My 1st mix of your recipe was with the CNV Lemon I had a 15ml bottle with 1/2 left. Most of the flavoring vendors here in the US no longer carry Chemnovatic, the place I found the CNV Cookie & more of the CNV Lemon Cream Wafer (I have another 30ml in my stash) didn't have the Lemon. The other online vendor that did have the Lemon didn't have the other 2 flavors. I would've bought just the Lemon from that vendor but they wouldn't let me order more than 30 ml. Hence I ended up mixing my 2nd batch with the FA Lemon Sicily.

Do you have suggestions as to where I can buy CNV Lemon? I'm thinking of looking for it the UK.

Last edited:
My 1st mix of your recipe was with the CNV Lemon I had a 15ml bottle with 1/2 left. Most of the flavoring vendors here in the US no longer carry Chemnovatic, the place I found the CNV Cookie & more of the CNV Lemon Cream Wafer (I have another 30ml in my stash) didn't have the Lemon. The other online vendor that did have the Lemon didn't have the other 2 flavors. I would've bought just the Lemon from that vendor but they would let me order more than 30 ml. Hence I ended up mixing my 2nd batch with the FA Lemon Sicily.

Do you have suggestions as to where I can buy CNV Lemon? I'm thinking of looking for it the UK.
Sure! NomNomz UK is a one-stop shop for all things DIY, including finished liquids and one shots. From my knowledge, they have the best aroma selection of anywhere in the world, and also ship anywhere in the world.

I got all my CNV from them.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see your last post. 😅

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really impressed with Royal Mail with tracking, they emailed me with tracking all the way here, even to the point that USPS had delivered.

Received the CNV Lemon yesterday from Nom Nomz good experience ordering & Royal Mail. I ordered last Thursday, Royal Mail picked up on Friday, so here in about 4-5 days & that's including the weekend.

Seems like even @Nom Nomz the offerings for Chemnovatic are really slim, I can mix this recipe for a while but not forever, if anyone knows of an online store that will ship to the US that still carry Chemnovatic please post here, TIA!

Really impressed with Royal Mail with tracking, they emailed me with tracking all the way here, even to the point that USPS had delivered.

Received the CNV Lemon yesterday from Nom Nomz good experience ordering & Royal Mail. I ordered last Thursday, Royal Mail picked up on Friday, so here in about 4-5 days & that's including the weekend.

Seems like even @Nom Nomz the offerings for Chemnovatic are really slim, I can mix this recipe for a while but not forever, if anyone knows of an online store that will ship to the US that still carry Chemnovatic please post here, TIA!
If ordering a lot, you should contact them directly. If not, google search "buy Chemnovatic flavors USA". That search should yield a few results in the states stocking their entire line.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If ordering a lot, you should contact them directly. If not, google search "buy Chemnovatic flavors USA". That search should yield a few results in the states stocking their entire line.
Most likely would have to contact Chemnovatic directly in the future as I've already tried goggling for US online stores & the pickings were slim as I reported above.

still really enjoying your recipe! I think the Acetyl Pyrazine was the missing ingredient that no one else before you nailed for that scent from the original Dinner Lady. It was genius of you to look at the "safety sheet" for additional ingredients in their recipe.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just want to mention... I have Molinberry Lemon Tart and it has this amazing bakery aspect to it (always have to tone it down with more lemon (I use FE) On it's own, the MB lemon tart is overpowering with bakery, but if you dilute it, add some extra lemon (and maybe a creamy note... I use Wonder Flavors Flapper Pie) it shines. Try this as your bakery.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ll have to check to see if I have any Molinberry Lemon Tart, I might since I was always obsessed with lemon vapes. I think Molinberry is no longer available from the US iirc.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought I should update, still loving this recipe! It has moved up to be my favorite all day all night vape. It moved my all time fav Golden Ice Cream (butterscotch ) recipe from Nick Evans to 2nd.

VU Sponsors