Become a Patron!

Disappointed

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Too many people have jumped in on the "let's talk shit about people" bandwagon and that is not what we as vapers much less people need to be doing. Seems the internet is turning in to "look at this douche bag" instead of "lets share some good information or something truly funny" if all we're spending our time online doing is bashing people because we don't like their hair or some review they did, then we really need to reevaluate ourselves. Can those of us who just wanna vape and laugh share our positive thoughts and let all the Jr high drama queens have their threads? I just hope this doesn't give us vapers an even worse Rep that cloud chasing "my mod is this big and let me blow it in your face" or the guy who "u vape at 13 watts? Well, you're doing it wrong" kinda folks give us. Can we all just try to be civil to each other? Otay, I'm dun.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm all for having fun, I just don't like all the shit talking drama. Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy, and if that's the case I'll get me an Elmer fudd hat and be the bestest fuddy duddy I can lol.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I like the News & Media section.
I tend to get pissed off and curse bad stories and dumb politicians.
But it's worth it so people can see what's really going on.
In the real world and not fantasy Internet vape land (that place that less than 1% of people know exists)

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I try my best to ignore the drama that inevitably shows up in any and all communities. Doesn't always work, but a good vape and a cup of coffee helps to let it all slide :)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Too many people have jumped in on the "let's talk shit about people" bandwagon and that is not what we as vapers much less people need to be doing.

I just hope this doesn't give us vapers an even worse Rep that cloud chasing "my mod is this big and let me blow it in your face" or the guy who "u vape at 13 watts? Well, you're doing it wrong" kinda folks give us.
I'm confused. Should we or should we not be trash talking people? Or should we only trash talk people who sub ohm?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to say but I'm starting to think ECF is more help with
vaping but VAPING UNDERGROUND is more fun! :D
I have to disagree with that. The advice they generally give over there is terrible in my humble opinion. The more time I spend here the more I can't stand that place. And of course if you try and speak your mind and call people on their bullshit they censor and possibly ban you. You can ignore any drama happening here. Can't ignore the fucking nazi assholes over there that monitor and censor every little thing. I seriously can't stand to go there at all anymore.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think we all need to really focus on the main reason we are here (for most of us) and a part of this community, we're here because we love vaping!

For me it's worth dealing with some bullshit drama from a few people who think they are top dogs because they get a few page hits on their blogs to see the people coming on here every single day saying they've quit smoking or they are looking to quit smoking. It's great that we have a place where people can come when they need advice, where they won't get talked down to (usually), and where we can connect with other people taking control away from the big tobacco industry. Sorry soap box over.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_njj7s9X7us1qcv106o1_1280_zpsegiaj3rt.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to say but I'm starting to think ECF is more help with
vaping but VAPING UNDERGROUND is more fun! :D
You're not serious.

I do agree, VU is more fun. Yes, I did learn a lot at ECF. If was highly informative when I first started vaping. I've learned a lot more at VU about a larger scale of things without people talking to me like I don't belong. It's incredibly welcoming here. I like the freedom they allow us to keep! If I see a thread that gets tiresome with drama, I can look elsewhere. I've been involved in it myself, without the intention, and generally people can agree to disagree, or they walk in opposite directions. Like grown ups. No bans, no locks, unless requested by the OP.

A friend that many of us enjoyed chatting with was banned at ECF. When we mentioned it, or made mention of the fact that we missed this person, a mod stepped in more than once to tell us to behave and "stop grousing" or our thread would be locked. We didn't create that drama. They did.

This place is growing all the time. What I don't see here are a ton of threads that have posts removed, thus making the thread make zero sense, then shut down and locked up because of it.

I love VU. The friends I made at ECF are here now. LOL, hell, half of ECF is here. I'm truly not trying to stir shit or create drama. I see people get into it, so to speak, in one thread, then in another, it's like nothing happened. I think you'll find that most forums have some drama. Vapers are pretty passionate about their vape. Over there, they don't get to be.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not dogging sub ohmers or anybody's vape style. What bothers me are the douches of the vaping world that want to blow the biggest cloud they can in everyone's face, I'm basically talking about the one's like that asshole YouTube Guy with the mod that's gonna blow up in his face & he has to wrap a towel around it just to touch it cuz the damn batteries are too hot. The Darwin award vapers give us a bad name, not the sub ohmers per say, but the retarded ones who are professional who catch their damn attys on fire lol. Should've been more clear on that lol. I just see alot of Facebook posts from non vapers and smokers who have a bad opinion of vapers because of the persona that Mr I'm gonna blow my face off presented. I don't care how u vape, but don't be a tool about it. OK, got a little carried away there. Damnit I'm sorry, guess I'm an asshole too at tines, so my coworkers tell me hehe.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm on a number of other forums (motorsports) and this is by far the mellowest one I'm on. Opinions are going to be expressed and the likelihood of 100% approval is usually slim to non. Haven't been here long but I enjoy the vibe of a majority of the people on here.

You have to also figure on that for some members, confrontation is a part of them as a person and what makes it easier for them to fuel that fire??? Sitting behind a keyboard. Just face it, some people wouldn't be happy if they had a job tasting doughnuts

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm on a number of other forums (motorsports) and this is by far the mellowest one I'm on. Opinions are going to be expressed and the likelihood of 100% approval is usually slim to non. Haven't been here long but I enjoy the vibe of a majority of the people on here.

You have to also figure on that for some members, confrontation is a part of them as a person and what makes it easier for them to fuel that fire??? Sitting behind a keyboard. Just face it, some people wouldn't be happy if they had a job tasting doughnuts
Wait you can get paid for that

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure it is a real job somewhere. Guy I know is a jelly pumper as his father's bakery and I know he eats a lot of them lol

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sorry, guess I'm an asshole too at tines, so my coworkers tell me hehe.
It's all good. I actually thought it was kinda funny. Can't we all get along with everyone but cloud chasers?

In fairness (and the occasional idiot aside) the guys who push the envelope aren't the ones that mess things up for the rest. They're the ones blazing the new trails while the status quo is pegging up the list of rules on the old trail.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Opinions, everyone has them, you know what they are like.
Vapers have opinions, and you know what they are like.
Human Beings are vapers who have opinions, and you know what they are like.
Therefore opinions held by vapers who are Human Beings are personal, not unlike a certain area of Human anatomy.

Joshua still wears his underwear like a helmet sometimes while he vapes. :p (Oh NO, Vape Drama:eek:).

In all seriousness, the relative anonymity of the internet plus the plethora of different personalities in the vaping community and the attention seeking of youtube participants will naturally lead to tempests in teapots. We've had a couple members chase each other around the forum in a prolonged insult-a-thon, funny at first, but then it turned into thread jacking and rather open hostilities (without physical threats).

Joshua has a point regarding the amount of bile and hatred spread by the internet, let's not forget that we are here because we used to smoke tobacco, or are in the process of moving to vaping as an alternative. There will always be doughbags and assholes in the community, that's just human nature. It's how we react to them that defines us, and we each control how we react to any given situation.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn, Zam. You went and got all serious on us :D

Well said, really. You're a cool dude.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're not serious.

I do agree, VU is more fun. Yes, I did learn a lot at ECF. If was highly informative when I first started vaping. I've learned a lot more at VU about a larger scale of things without people talking to me like I don't belong. It's incredibly welcoming here. I like the freedom they allow us to keep! If I see a thread that gets tiresome with drama, I can look elsewhere. I've been involved in it myself, without the intention, and generally people can agree to disagree, or they walk in opposite directions. Like grown ups. No bans, no locks, unless requested by the OP.

A friend that many of us enjoyed chatting with was banned at ECF. When we mentioned it, or made mention of the fact that we missed this person, a mod stepped in more than once to tell us to behave and "stop grousing" or our thread would be locked. We didn't create that drama. They did.

This place is growing all the time. What I don't see here are a ton of threads that have posts removed, thus making the thread make zero sense, then shut down and locked up because of it.

I love VU. The friends I made at ECF are here now. LOL, hell, half of ECF is here. I'm truly not trying to stir shit or create drama. I see people get into it, so to speak, in one thread, then in another, it's like nothing happened. I think you'll find that most forum have some drama. Vapers are pretty passionate about their vape. Over there, they don't get to be.
In the spirit of not starting drama but just expelling the bullshit, at first there were three people from ecf that really taught me ALOT. When I started vaping a year ago on a blue, I found that site and started asking questions and got everything from people trying to shove an ultrasubohm mech down my throat to forcefeading me crappy liquid. Those few cats took the time to pm me all the info I needed to keep vaping affordably and damnit it weren't for them I would still be a two pac a day smoker.
Sad thing is, Imho, its gotten even worse over there, I can't go in to say something nice without getting into it, inflated or anally penetrated verbally. The really shitty thing is that den of douchebaggery , is supposed to be a place to help pull us together and stand against people trying to stop us; but instead its helping tear us apart.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors