Become a Patron!

diy ejuice

I just started making my own juice. I bought some 80/20 vg/pg base and strawberry concentrate. It is sitting in warm water right now steeping again. I steeped in warm water on first day 2 times..took off the cap and let it breathe for 24 hrs..though I doubled the actual recommended concentrate amounts after 2 weeks it still has a chemical smell and taste which is unvapable..I guess my question is "should I let the concentrate bottle breathe for a while to get rid of the chemical taste and smell before mixing my juice from the start..will this even help? I got my supplies from liquidbarn.com

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion you need to find out what ingredient has the chemical smell 1st. Test all ingredients separately.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is the strawberry flavor/brand that is giving you the offending odor? I have read elsewhere on these forums people saying something similar that some flavors smell funky, some have likened it to a marker or something.

Welcome to VU.

If it helps INW Strawberries are awesome as are TFA and FA.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
try doubling your pg/vg. More doesn't mean better. Could be you added to much flavor concentrate. If you do find the flavor weak, add drops.. a few at a time.

VU Sponsors