Become a Patron!

DIY Juice Help, No Brainer Recipes

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, hope this is ok to post here, just hoping for a few ideas on getting some recipes that actually work under my belt... Having been a premium juice vaper and moving into DIY I am loving the experience of experimenting but so far nothing I do is getting anywhere near the juice i have been used to...

I make my juice 25%pg/75%vg at just 1.5mg as I sub ohm on cloud beast.

Have the following concentrates and would LOVE some great recipes using just these to restore my faith.... :)

Dragon Fruit - TFA
Strawberry (ripe) - TFA
Strawberry - FA
Blackberry - FA
Black Cherry - FA
Ripe Banana - TFA
Passion Fruit - TFA
Mango - TFA
Lychee - FA
Watermelon - FA
Sicilian Lemon - FA
Custard - FA
Fresh Cream - FA
XTra Mint - FA
Butterscotch - TFA
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - CAP

Would really appreciate some guidance...

I am keeping my %s low and keep reading and reading but just can't hit a good combo... Possibly i need to explore steeping more etc
Have recently been adding a few drops of white vinegar too... I am trying!?

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if you have tried this yet but
e-liquid-recipies.com has a section called Flavor Stash. You can input what you have and then click on What Can I Make.
It will list all recipies that have been loaded only using ingredients you have in your stash.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a beginner as well and haven't made a juice I find amazing but if I had banana I'd try this.
Strawberry (tfa) 4%
Strawberry (fa) 3%
Ripe banana (tfa) 3%
Custard or fresh cream (fa) 5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know if you have tried this yet but
e-liquid-recipies.com has a section called Flavor Stash. You can input what you have and then click on What Can I Make.
It will list all recipies that have been loaded only using ingredients you have in your stash.
Amazing!?!

I did not know this, thank you very much kind sir!

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a beginner as well and haven't made a juice I find amazing but if I had banana I'd try this.
Strawberry (tfa) 4%
Strawberry (fa) 3%
Ripe banana (tfa) 3%
Custard or fresh cream (fa) 5%

Thanks man, will give this a crack!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is kind of a complex recipe and you don't have all the exact flavors it calls for. However you have the vanilla bean ice cream, fresh cream, custard and strawberry which is most of it. I've not tried this recipe personally (yet, hoping to eventually get around to it). The reason I'm suggesting it is to give at least an idea of flavoring percentages for a rough guideline mix, you have enough creams and the strawberry to potentially create a strawberries & cream (or blackberry and cream if you substitute for the strawberry).

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/255064/INTERNAL+LEAK+OF+CUTWOOK+UNICORN+MILK

I've been vaping something similar, vapewild's (s+c)2. I'm sure there are slight variations between that, unicorn milk (authentic), mother's milk etc but they're all similar in the strawberry/cream combo. That is if you're a strawberry fan.

I could be wrong but something tells me the premium juice co's have done their homework and have various tricks. Odd little flavor additives or different steps in the mixing/steeping process like slow heating, quick heating, maybe a combination of heating while mixing, cooling then reheating. I'm just speculating. It seems to be that way other products, name brands have quirky trade secrets and is the reason trying to duplicate flavors at home doesn't always work out exactly.

Also it seems like flavor profiles don't always divulge all the flavors. An example is one of my favorite all day vapes, vapewild's 'wrecking ball'. According to their description it's some sort of banana and cream. Oddly I don't hardly taste bananas at all, I taste a variety of other fruit in it more than I do anything I recognize as banana. No telling what they use but I've got a suspicion more than banana and cream.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
something tells me the premium juice co's have done their homework and have various tricks.
Very, very few. Most of them use the cheapest flavorings they can get by with and a TON of it, along with ridiculous amounts of sweetener. Sad, but true.

Also it seems like flavor profiles don't always divulge all the flavors
No, most don't - if they did, DIYers would figure out what they're making and stop buying.
How many times have you seen vendors give out recipes because they're calling it quits or discontinuing a particular juice? Then you read the recipe and see that it's all TFA or FW or even a few ingredients you had no clue of because you didn't taste them outright? I've seen those and it makes me mad because it makes me realize just how badly they're gouging their loyal followers. I realize they're in it for profit like any other business, but some of these companies are charging over a dollar per ml for something that costs them 50¢ to make, and if you really wanna break it down, a 15ml bottle is the equivalent of just under 1 tablespoon. $15 + tax for a tablespoon of liquid that I personally would huff through in a few hours? Nope. :no:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very, very few. Most of them use the cheapest flavorings they can get by with and a TON of it, along with ridiculous amounts of sweetener. Sad, but true.

No, most don't - if they did, DIYers would figure out what they're making and stop buying.
How many times have you seen vendors give out recipes because they're calling it quits or discontinuing a particular juice? Then you read the recipe and see that it's all TFA or FW or even a few ingredients you had no clue of because you didn't taste them outright? I've seen those and it makes me mad because it makes me realize just how badly they're gouging their loyal followers. I realize they're in it for profit like any other business, but some of these companies are charging over a dollar per ml for something that costs them 50¢ to make, and if you really wanna break it down, a 15ml bottle is the equivalent of just under 1 tablespoon. $15 + tax for a tablespoon of liquid that I personally would huff through in a few hours? Nope. :no:

I'm right with you, Teresa. I kick myself all the time thinking about the money I wasted on most of the commercial juice I bought.
I'm so much happier with the stuff I make, and all the money I save is the real bonus. I can't even stand most of what I used to vape before going DIY, and I probably have several hundred dollars worth of commercial juice sitting in a drawer that I probably will never vape.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not a total loss, clean up those bottles for your own tasty mixes! Lol!
I guess they would work for smaller batches ( 90% are 30ml bottles), but I make all my ADV's 240ml at a time.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess they would work for smaller batches ( 90% are 30ml bottles), but I make all my ADV's 240ml at a time.
I do make larger batches of the tried and true ones myself. But those smaller bottles are good for testers and I also use them to break down nicotine for the freezer. I also use them for my pocketbook (people kinda stare at me when I pull the 300ml genie bottle out of my purse...lol! )...Other than that, they're good when my buddies want juice. ;)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do make larger batches of the tried and true ones myself. But those smaller bottles are good for testers and I also use them to break down nicotine for the freezer. I also use them for my pocketbook (people kinda stare at me when I pull the 300ml genie bottle out of my purse...lol! )...Other than that, they're good when my buddies want juice. ;)
I bet I have at least 100 empty 30ml bottles, and a handful of 50's as well, gonna be putting them to good use. As for the others, I have some that haven't even been opened, I might PIF them eventually.

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me know how it turns out

Definitely, will make this up over the weekend and give it a vape straight away but also let you know how it goes down after a weeks steep :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely, will make this up over the weekend and give it a vape straight away but also let you know how it goes down after a weeks steep :)

Actually I do have a banana but it's liquid barn which nobody uses. I might try the same recipe. I feel like banana will be tough to nail because it could over power the other flavors

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is kind of a complex recipe and you don't have all the exact flavors it calls for. However you have the vanilla bean ice cream, fresh cream, custard and strawberry which is most of it. I've not tried this recipe personally (yet, hoping to eventually get around to it). The reason I'm suggesting it is to give at least an idea of flavoring percentages for a rough guideline mix, you have enough creams and the strawberry to potentially create a strawberries & cream (or blackberry and cream if you substitute for the strawberry).

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/255064/INTERNAL+LEAK+OF+CUTWOOK+UNICORN+MILK

I've been vaping something similar, vapewild's (s+c)2. I'm sure there are slight variations between that, unicorn milk (authentic), mother's milk etc but they're all similar in the strawberry/cream combo. That is if you're a strawberry fan.

I could be wrong but something tells me the premium juice co's have done their homework and have various tricks. Odd little flavor additives or different steps in the mixing/steeping process like slow heating, quick heating, maybe a combination of heating while mixing, cooling then reheating. I'm just speculating. It seems to be that way other products, name brands have quirky trade secrets and is the reason trying to duplicate flavors at home doesn't always work out exactly.

Also it seems like flavor profiles don't always divulge all the flavors. An example is one of my favorite all day vapes, vapewild's 'wrecking ball'. According to their description it's some sort of banana and cream. Oddly I don't hardly taste bananas at all, I taste a variety of other fruit in it more than I do anything I recognize as banana. No telling what they use but I've got a suspicion more than banana and cream.
Really interesting stuff.

Whilst i certainly do not have anywhere enough experience in all this to truly comment I wouldn't be surprised if they did have the odd trick up there sleeves! But, as pointed out below, it would make more sense commercially to just use standard concentrates and just mix em up in bulk, so who knows.... Perhaps one day we'll be lucky enough to get an ex employee on here

Mainly though, as you quiet rightly set out to show, quality juices are far far more complicated than simply getting some strawberry and some cream and mixing up them at 3% each.... Silly that i even thought otherwise now i sit and type this...!!

Thanks

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5% TFA Mango (may need to adjust as needed)
4% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% FA Fresh Cream

swap out the Mango with 5% TFA Passion Fruit, or others.
(may also need adjustments to your taste)

CAP VBIC usually needs to sit a week to get decent IMO.
Thank you! :) Will let you know how it goes down.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mainly though, as you quiet rightly set out to show, quality juices are far far more complicated than simply getting some strawberry and some cream and mixing up them at 3% each.... Silly that i even thought otherwise now i sit and type this...!!

Not always the case, as I've made a few simple mixes with only 1, 2, or 3 flavors.

Don't get caught up in thinking anything without 13 flavors is crap:D.

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not always the case, as I've made a few simple mixes with only 1, 2, or 3 flavors.

Don't get caught up in thinking anything without 13 flavors is crap:D.
I hear ya

Take each as they come.
Whatever works!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Really interesting stuff.

Whilst i certainly do not have anywhere enough experience in all this to truly comment I wouldn't be surprised if they did have the odd trick up there sleeves! But, as pointed out below, it would make more sense commercially to just use standard concentrates and just mix em up in bulk, so who knows.... Perhaps one day we'll be lucky enough to get an ex employee on here
I would imagine most places make them sign Non Disclosure agreements so I wouldn't count on that. However, there have been venders who disclose their recipes if they are no longer going to be selling that flavor anymore. I think Charlie Noble was one of them??

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
... I wouldn't be surprised if they did have the odd trick up there sleeves! But, as pointed out below, it would make more sense commercially to just use standard concentrates and just mix em up in bulk, so who knows....

I have read that a few juice makers also manufacture some of their flavor extracts in-house. Those juices would be very difficult to perfectly clone.

It is not unusual that a hobbyist trying to emulate their favorite commercial juice actually produce something they find even more enjoyable.

Ron
---
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."- George S. Patton

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet I have at least 100 empty 30ml bottles, and a handful of 50's as well, gonna be putting them to good use. As for the others, I have some that haven't even been opened, I might PIF them eventually.

Mark, what does PIF mean?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have read that a few juice makers also manufacture some of their flavor extracts in-house. Those juices would be very difficult to perfectly clone.
Alice in Vapeland and Ahlusion do their own extracts. AIV now sells some of them... The Apricot and Blackberry are fantastic.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh No! Sorry.:oops:

Perhaps my comments here...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/alice-in-vapeland-pure-diy-extracts.257150/

...might save you a tiny amount of $.

Ron
---
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
Honestly I have the ones I am most interested in. Eventually I will probably pick up the Lavender (because one of my all time favorite juices is their Lavender Ever After) and maybe the ginger or vanilla. The others, not so anxious to get. At this point I'm mainly looking for flavors that I don't have already or haven't found a good brand for.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, a ton of flavors or complex ingredients lists don't equal quality. Unless working through various recipes matching flavors has been hit and miss at least for me. Especially when it comes to mixing premade juices. I've had one flavor in a tank and thought oh, I'll just add some of this. I'm vaping something fruit based, cream flavors go with that. Then ended up with unvapable yuck. Same can be said for mixing two of the same, two different banana or two different strawberry flavors for example. Despite being 'close' it can go pretty badly like two music notes played together that are almost the same. Rather than a nice blended effect it clashes something fierce.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone interested, now's the time to stock up on/try Flavorah. Bull City is running 30% off all FV this weekend with coupon code "FLAVORAH."

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
its obviously not in your list but should be haha.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nope just that single flavor. I havent tried this cheese you speak of haha reminds me of crab lmao. fml i can still taste that crab

Drat! I have FA Crab on my Flavour Art "to buy" shortlist with FA Bone Marrow. I guess I'll have to cross one of those off the list. :facepalm:

Ron
---
"Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time."- Malcolm Forbes

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its obviously not in your list but should be haha.
Definitely going to to be splashing put on a load of new concentrates, will make damn sure i cover needs of a good few recipes, including this

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, @Teresa P I have no flavors by Flavorah, what do you suggest as must haves from them?
Oh my, I have a decent sized handful and have been impressed by all of them. But as far as "must haves" these are definitely on my list:
Boysenberry
Vanilla Custard
MARSHMALLOW!!
Cream
Rich Cinnamon
Lime
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Deutsch
Irish Cream
;)

**And I believe I misread my BCF email, that 30% off is only good on their new arrivals of Flavorah.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mustard Milk is a good easy one that you could adapt with what you have. That's over on ELR. Also, I've found FA flavors can be tricky to mix with sometimes so start with low percentages on those and gradually work up. I'll try to remember to dig through my recipes tonight and see if I've got a few mixes with the flavors you have. Keep mixing buddy.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For anyone who didn't read the other threads the FLV sale at BCF is only for the new FLV arrivals and you can only get one bottle of each, but they are 15 ml original packages. http://www.bullcityflavors.com/newarrivals There are 75 of them, bound to find something to float your boat! Code Flavorah
Wow, they are sure proud of some of those flavors. $17 for Alpine Strawberry?

VU Sponsors