Become a Patron!

Dna30 cradle

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I'm building my first mod and having an issue with the screen cradle. The only one I can find is on shapeways.

Can anyone help me find another source for a screen cradle?

Thanks,

J

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one on shapeways is the only one I have ever seen TBH but its a good one.

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plastic... The screen is VERY fragile and the metal one is just asking for trouble...
*Protip- Do whatever you can to cushion the screen and the connection to the screen

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
Plastic... The screen is VERY fragile and the metal one is just asking for trouble...
*Protip- Do whatever you can to cushion the screen and the connection to the screen
Thanks for the tip Jay.

I just got this in the mail from Perfection Vapes. With all the clones around I'm skeptical cuz I don't see an evolv logo or anything....think it's real? I paid $50 for it.
uploadfromtaptalk1403927811206.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403927817941.jpg

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it came from Perfection Vapes it's real, Chris would not send you a clone unless he said it was a clone.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I appreciate you guys saying that. I have not had 1 bad experience with them over there. I just noticed that the chip had no writing. The clone thing made me wonder ya know?

It would such to put all the time into building a mod only to have it perform like the ZanaMod.

DarthRTFM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can tell by the size (legit evolv is narrower), color of the button (legit is purple, the clones are reddish brown), and near the screen connector it will have DNA30 / 20 printed and the clones don't. I've seen a lot of boards, clone and legit, and so far they follow that.

DarthRTFM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure what this cradle is made out of. But it you can give it a look. http://www.fluidvaper.com/Modders-DNA-2030-Cradle_p_351.html

Lol, I bought a couple of these as soon as Rob made them available... Let me just say, these are probably great, but I have no idea what the hell you'd put them in. They basically sandwich the board/screen in 4 layers of material making the board about the size of a small box of matches... Very weird.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
Lol, I bought a couple of these as soon as Rob made them available... Let me just say, these are probably great, but I have no idea what the hell you'd put them in. They basically sandwich the board/screen in 4 layers of material making the board about the size of a small box of matches... Very weird.
That's exalt weekday they look like. ..I don't know how I would use it unless my mood was add thick as... my ego carrying case lol

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just based on looking at it, I would guess it's function is to stabilize the chip inside a larger mod.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Link what you are looking at on Shapeways. Often those designs are snabbed from Thingiverse and other printing sites.

VU Sponsors