Become a Patron!

Do mech mods have to use rda's?!

Hi guys I really want to buy a cherry bomber clone but I just don't have the time and skill and money to make an rda but I have a lot of .5 sub ohm tanks will those do?! Thanks a ton. And is 40$ to much to pay for the mod? Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Unless it has a hybrid connection you should be fine, if it has a hybrid connection then buy things that only have a protruding positive pin...
what are you looking at/have and what are you looking to buy/install on it? $40 is cheap man, Ive spent $350 on a TUBE MOD....which most would think is insane, wait a month and Im buying the Point Blank Mech...which is almost $600 for a mech but it tickles me in all the right places :p

Unless they have a hybrid connection you should be fine, if it has a hybrid connection then buy things that only have a protruding positive pin...
what are you looking at/have and what are you looking to buy/install on it? $40 is cheap man, Ive spent $350 on a TUBE MOD....which most would think is insane, wait a month and Im buying the Point Blank Mech...which is almost $600 for a mech but it tickles me in all the right places :p
Wow thanks a lot man I wanna put a jommo tank it's .5 ohms and the connector isn't a hybrid so that should work right? Thanks a ton again!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow thanks a lot man I wanna put a jommo tank it's .5 ohms and the connector isn't a hybrid so that should work right? Thanks a ton again!!
Yes if the Positive Battery Terminal isnt showing when looking at the 510 then its not a hybrid and will accept anything. No problem, I would rather see something good happen then someone getting hurt testing things out for themselves, you did join a forum of vapers for information and Im guessing that same reason, enjoy!

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Hi guys I really want to buy a cherry bomber clone but I just don't have the time and skill and money to make an rda but I have a lot of .5 sub ohm tanks will those do?! Thanks a ton. And is 40$ to much to pay for the mod? Thanks
Is it the NEW Cherry Bomber clone that has the NEW top insulator like this - Cherry Bomber.jpg ? or is it the Original with the all metal connector?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is it the NEW Cherry Bomber clone that has the NEW top insulator like this - View attachment 37977 ? or is it the Original with the all metal connector?
It doesnt matter since the body is still part of the circuit and the insulator is the only thing in between a horrible short. If a paperclip, keys or change touches the RDA/tank and the body is will arc/short

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you don't have the time and skill, why go the mech road?
Just get a regulated box mod instead.

Screw PC and I don't mean the computer.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tanks generally perform better on regulated mods because they remain consistent, but its perfectly fine using them on mechs

Unless it has a hybrid connection you should be fine, if it has a hybrid connection then buy things that only have a protruding positive pin

It's vital to have a protruding pin on a hybrid top cap to prevent shorts, but a 510 connection is safe for everything.

Here's an example that I'm using right now actually, eGo One Mega tank (garbage tank, but damnit, if I spend money on something I'm damn well gonna use it) on my SMPL mod (hybrid top cap) and is a perfectly safe mod. Tank sits flush on mod (no wobble) , has protruding pin and makes a solid connection.20160112_090114_HDR.jpg

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Said what i said for two reasons.
If he gets a mech and the vape is too harsh/weak or just not to his liking what will he do without the ability to change his resistance?
Besides, people that don't know what they're doing and can't be bothered with learning, shouldn't use mechs at all.

Screw PC and I don't mean the computer.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors