Become a Patron!

Do single flavors need to steep?

Stevevapes4183

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have mixed up a bunch of single flavors and am curious if they require steeping or not?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most fruit flavors are good just shaken well. Some might seem a bit perfumey. Some creams/dessert/custards/tobaccos can benefit from time.

What brands did ya mix?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, more info would help, As Huckleberried said, fruits mostly are shake and vape, creams or custard will need some time to reach their full flavor potential.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have mixed up a bunch of single flavors and am curious if they require steeping or not?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
IMO... no juice NEEDs to steep...... some might need to ventilate.....all juice improves with age.... some with a steep.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO... no juice NEEDs to steep...... some might need to ventilate.....all juice improves with age.... some with a steep.

I know you said in your opinion so I'll never challenge an opinion. Just sayin... Not even from my own experience, but I've heard some flavors actually dull with time. Maybe in some multiple flavored mixes, maybe one flavor can get stronger while another weakens? I don't know, I'm still new at this and am just regurgitating information I've read here and elr.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you like a Steak cooked?
What is the best flavor ice cream?

Not everybody will have same answer. And you might not get same answer everytime asked.

There is no requirement to steep... as this is a process of preference.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am very new to making my own ejuice. However of the few recipes I've made (all multiple fruit flavours) I've noticed a slight change with several days of steeping. I think the flavours need some time to sort out and blend in the mixture. I've only made one single flavour so far and it got a bit stronger after a couple days.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have 2 mixes that I vape regularly. One is a blend of fruit flavors, with a very, very small amount of a creamy-ish one. It's very good, shaken, then vaped right after I make it. It really doesn't change that much over the month. Then, the other does have a few creamy flavors in it. Shaken, then vaped, it's nothing but "sweet". After 4 days, I can start tasting where it's headed. After more time, it becomes more of what I was aiming for.

Flavor fading - I've only experienced this with lemon, or lime flavors.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can agree to a steeping time for some flavors..Rarely is anything tasting its best for me right after mixing...Ive also noticed some flavors fade after a longer period of time..Steeping allows a flavor/flavors to blend together...Its like a very good pasta sauce...it needs to simmer very slow to blend all the spices together for that great taste.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you said in your opinion so I'll never challenge an opinion. Just sayin... Not even from my own experience, but I've heard some flavors actually dull with time. Maybe in some multiple flavored mixes, maybe one flavor can get stronger while another weakens? I don't know, I'm still new at this and am just regurgitating information I've read here and elr.
Yep..... the operative word here is... SOME. Some juices... some flavors.... sometimes......

It a Need vs Want thing....

I need to breath air...... I want to breath clean air.....

Some flavors do dull with time.... Some flavor are VERY strong.... you might want those to dull a bit...... some start weak and strengthen. Some act different when mixed with different things. Some don't change at all... Heck even Unflavored juice can improve with aging.....

But don't forget about... SOME... some juices don't need or benefit at all.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, for me; until ive tried every single flavor and recipe possible its hard to derive a list of what tastes good from the start.....If you treat your mixes with a rule of thumb to steep, you end up with a better overall experience...If you mix something up and like it from the start then by all means vape it all up...if you find it was better 2 days later then 2 more days after that then you know it benefits from a steep...Most everything I mix tastes better to me after its sat a few days or longer so, I treat everything in that fashion..I might mix up 3 30ml bottles of the same recipe and let 2 of them sit while I vape one bottle and maybe something else.

In my experience its good to let a mix sit at least 2 to 3 days to see if its improving or not.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I try it right away and if it doesn't taste right, I let it sit and keep checking on it. If it's not good after a month, I typically will pitch it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
but I've heard some flavors actually dull with time.
I had this happen to me for the first time. OSDIYS has a really good blue slushie. I didnt notice a steep. It was good for a while then it just faded away. Its dull af now.

Does anybody have a remedy for this?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had this happen to me for the first time. OSDIYS has a really good blue slushie. I didnt notice a steep. It was good for a while then it just faded away. Its dull af now.

Does anybody have a remedy for this?

Ditto on that. I think mine was good for maybe 3 days, then faded so much I thought I could taste cotton lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have done different things from electric mixing to speed infusion with heat but in my opinion nothing beats a few days minimum of aging to let the flavors infuse whether it be one or six it doesn't matter. Even though you might find a shake and vape I would bet it tastes better 3 days later.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto on that. I think mine was good for maybe 3 days, then faded so much I thought I could taste cotton lol.

Nice to know I'm not alone on that lol. Hav you tried their strawberry milk or whatever? I wonder if it does the same.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice to know I'm not alone on that lol. Hav you tried their strawberry milk or whatever? I wonder if it does the same.

I have the strawberry milk but haven't tried it yet. I also got the pink lemonade

VU Sponsors